Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I'd say not losing any skill beyond fs when dying and a 25% bonus to skillgain permanently is pretty sweet

Get info used to:
be able to see uniques - not anymore

check trader info/rate/etc - not anymore or no reason/use for that now

shows brand new char's affinity, when even the char doesn't know it yet - not that many new alts after the 2s alts are gone; given this was only useful for certain few doing shenanigans

The active ability get-info had some uses now have.. kind of none.. unless it's useful to see what's in local around you once per 16hours.. you'll find out soon enough with wolves/hounds aggro range, and other npcs eventually finding their way in your path(ability is not really useful for finding mission traitors/deity avatars or champs, if you do not get lucky to see them with the 1 roll, next one's available just in 16hours.. but you're there than and most likely unless lucky.. wont make use of it for same mission considering cooldown, travel time and so on

they should just delete knowledge and convert everyone to power since knowledge is such a bad path full of useless abilities

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

They should delete all paths, all missions, all models, and every skill except digging!

• Like 1

I agree its good to make it easier for new players in this game as I know many friends who never got the hang of the game in early stages until I had to give some aid. 

However wurm shouldnt allowe ppl not to need others, the game is built on the concept that you pick a path and get good in that area this is why the market was such a big thing in early days and still is in some areas. For example when the steam server launches id like to see some players only making bricks perhaps creating a quarry and others a lumberjack and so on. Everyone will need to work together early on to finish a city, we most not remove this from the early game or we will kill the bonds these communities make in wurm.

My fix for the 100% chance to succeed is to either have a timer just like the mob aggro nerf, as someone else posted already. 

Or make the option to make a crude variant of each starting bulk item that has a 100% chance of being made but will always be worse then the original. Lets say a stone house made of crude bricks would take damage 4 times easier.

While this works fine for your first houses you now still have a desire to hire or become a mason yourself in order to improve.

Edited by Nocturnes