Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

Developers have no responsibility for their doing. I dont know, why they not release followers changes with priest change. And if they do that, so it comes with transfer too. Almost unbalanced, only worth are vyn and mag and seems mag more due to one stat

17 hours ago, ftoz said:

Developers have no responsibility for their doing. I dont know, why they not release followers changes with priest change. And if they do that, so it comes with transfer too. Almost unbalanced, only worth are vyn and mag and seems mag more due to one stat

That is, in all politeness, rubbish. Developers are responsible to their team leader, and to their company or organization. They are indeed not directly responsible or responding to the customership unless the management explicitly allows them to.

That said, I agree that the attitude of Wurm management towards the customers is sometimes abysmal.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 4:33 PM, Finnn said:

@LisimbaMakes perfectly wogical sense... so new best small deed cost is .. 1.25silver a month.. if you have a trader on it.. weather it's a worth investment, up to the person to decide

(OP quote: "We will also be adjusting costs of trader items to compensate for the inability to drain back funds", lets see how much new traders cost)

@staff I'd imagine a lot more things on traders are about to get their pricing changed? Now that you can not get portion of your investment back... it's how old traders worked.. whatever you spend on them... good bit to near 1/3rd of the cost.. you were able to get back. Does that mean that all prices are dropping with ~1/3 now?

I'm tempted to add as a positive note.
the upkeep funds that the new trader system applied to my place, came to the value 40 silver added.
it jumped from 905 days to over 1200.. then i vented my bank and made it 1400.
Thank you, I'll be 50 before it runs out.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ekcin said:

That said, I agree that the attitude of Wurm management towards the customers is sometimes abysmal.

Sometimes perhaps. But overall compared to many MMOS out there, the communication between devs and players has been more open than most games out there. Do you think a company like blizzard has this level of communication ? Or EA? Nope.

Yes the wurm devs make mistakes. Rolf made mistakes. But overall the conversation has been more interactive than most mmos I have played. The fact that some things were disregarded or ignored is more due to a lack of budget for hiring new devs to fix issues than blatantly ignoring wurmians.

Personally I'm happy with the new trader changes and removing certain features that were more used as legal exploits than anything. I can think of 2-3 abandoned tranders on Desertion that were housed in and drained by a few players overs the years who never had to pay prem due to that. It's a step in a good direction.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, Retrograde said:

Effective QL curve on armour, shields and weapons
We’ll also be introducing an effective QL curve of armour, shields, and weapons up to 70, meaning these items at lower ql have a slight buff vs the current system.
This means we can reduce the starting QL of the long sword, shield, and leather armour while they still maintain effectiveness, yet make improvement of crafted versions reward more early game. 
A sample of the ql changes:

Actual QL

Effective QL

Why? All this does is add another weird mechanic obscured by the game itself and make it harder to understand. If I have a 20QL item it should be a 20QL item. Not a 20QL item that acts like a 43.6QL item. That's just... why? If the point is to make the starter gear lower QL so players can upgrade them more easily with lower skills, there's much better ways to do that. Scale the math up on their use cases so lower quality items function better. This is a really sloppy change.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, Retrograde said:

Vynora

• The 10% skill gain will no longer apply to all characteristics instead Vynora followers will now get a +2.5%-10% skill gain to Mind Logic, Mind Speed scaled by alignment 

While the follower changes make sense overall, it might be worthwhile to consider adding 10% characteristic gains across the board to all characters. With the changes made, Vynora followers get punished while everyone else gets bonuses. Instead, if you add the 10% characteristics skill bonus to everyone, then add these changes on top of what already existed, everyone ends up happy. By doing this change, you've essentially closed a "window of opportunity" that was used in order to skill accounts to where they are. Players from this point forward are forever slower to gain characteristics than those who had the Vynora bonus before. Instead of punishing people who want to play your game now and rewarding those who have been playing since the start, you should focus on trying to make it more appealing to play now than it was before. This change is an example of making the game less rewarding to play at the current time, and furthers the gap between accounts who have been playing forever and those who are just getting into Wurm now.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Why? All this does is add another weird mechanic obscured by the game itself and make it harder to understand. If I have a 20QL item it should be a 20QL item. Not a 20QL item that acts like a 43.6QL item. That's just... why? If the point is to make the starter gear lower QL so players can upgrade them more easily with lower skills, there's much better ways to do that. Scale the math up on their use cases so lower quality items function better. This is a really sloppy change.

While the follower changes make sense overall, it might be worthwhile to consider adding 10% characteristic gains across the board to all characters. With the changes made, Vynora followers get punished while everyone else gets bonuses. Instead, if you add the 10% characteristics skill bonus to everyone, then add these changes on top of what already existed, everyone ends up happy. By doing this change, you've essentially closed a "window of opportunity" that was used in order to skill accounts to where they are. Players from this point forward are forever slower to gain characteristics than those who had the Vynora bonus before. Instead of punishing people who want to play your game now and rewarding those who have been playing since the start, you should focus on trying to make it more appealing to play now than it was before. This change is an example of making the game less rewarding to play at the current time, and furthers the gap between accounts who have been playing forever and those who are just getting into Wurm now.

First part: It makes low quality gear useful for everyone, not just new players. If I die and end up at a starter town and find a ql 10 longsword, I can actually kill things with it now than the useless piece of metal it was before.

Second Part: 100% agree. Nerfing Vyn was a bad idea.

To be fair just about everyone was a VYN follower since fast leveling is a huge perk

• Like 1

I still wonder what the ..... mind speed is good for.. and who thought it's good to slap it on vynora.. why mind logic and mind speed.. body.str and stamina are passively so much better... and ML is absolute .... nobody can get that skill 'normally', if you grind ML - you bulk hfc.. where... doing 1/10th extra cooking to get the bonus of 10% is practically not an issue... it's literally a useless buff.. I've already reported in the news that high skilled players with sleep bonus and 10h get near 0 ML, where .10 could be gained in 15minutes at 70 skill for example(edit: with hfc).. #wogic.. 

Best part is .. none of these complaints will be addressed as usual. 

Edited by Finnn

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

I still wonder what the ..... mind speed is good for.. and who thought it's good to slap it on vynora.. why mind logic and mind speed.. body.str and stamina are passively so much better

boy oh boy its almost as if its a tradeoff for 10% bonus in literally every skill and repair being so broken you literally never lose ql with high repairing as vyn, not to mention the lore reasons

characteristics gains is bad because you're not managing diff vs skill properly and the default meat+veg in forge just happens to be in the optimal skilling range for 70 skill combined with panfilling being broken for ML gains but thats an argument to nerf panfilling not buff vyn

10% is 10%, if you're getting lots of ML its still gonna be 10% more, if its such a useless buff go another god

your complaints don't get addressed coz they're dumb

• Like 2

I wouldn't say theyre dumb specifically, but I do have difficulty understanding them some times. Too many ideas at once mixed with seemingly unrelated sentence fragments all jumbled together in the same paragraph or split apart in ways that aren't obvious don't help with clarity. Sometimes the points and arguments are salient but still difficult to make sense of due to presentation.

Similarly, I write like I am right now in work emails and no one ever reads more than the first sentence and I wind up having to have 6 replies to a thread restating things I said in the original message because people thought "too many words" and stopped reading.

22 minutes ago, Finnn said:

doing 1/10th extra cooking to get the bonus of 10% is practically not an issue...

to get 10 points of ml at the moment on epic, i have to go through ~5 panfilling sessions (equates to ~5.9k pans) with SB active, by current approximation. 600 pans less from that is a big number. Not too big to go an extra mile for, but still big.

Btw, why do you constantly end all your sentences in multiple dots? This is annoying to read.

• Like 1

ML gives queue slots. Having 6/7/8 changes wurm greatly, assuming you have the stamina to take advantage of it.

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

boy oh boy its almost as if its a tradeoff for 10% bonus in literally every skill and repair being so broken you literally never lose ql with high repairing as vyn, not to mention the lore reasons

characteristics gains is bad because you're not managing diff vs skill properly and the default meat+veg in forge just happens to be in the optimal skilling range for 70 skill combined with panfilling being broken for ML gains but thats an argument to nerf panfilling not buff vyn

10% is 10%, if you're getting lots of ML its still gonna be 10% more, if its such a useless buff go another god

your complaints don't get addressed coz they're dumb

read the patch notes again... says vynoras get 7.5% faster repair TIME, not effect... if it's not that way.. it's probably bug and about to be fixed... 

NO clue what you whine about, but faster repair time doesn't really do much.... when you're on a deed.. you rarely repair stuff.. it's mostly walls or cedarwood furniture... and that's good... rest is sad rare birchwood junk that you have to cope with.. and maintain more often.

If I have 70ML or a bit below that.. and I am improving stuff way past ql90... no joke.. I'm doing it wrong(getting no ML).. but I'm doing it for the other skill obviously... if ML skill grind is not good in it's core concept with that 20 points range... I can't do anything about that... can't won't go improve 1,000,000 items to ql70-89.. just to be in the range of 20 points ml/skill related... to still get ml gians that are worth something..

it's a stupid concept that just does not work well as skills are way easier to grind compared to characteristics - fact.

I'm not complaining about the ML.. but ML can not be compared to strength - carry weight and HP on character.... not to mention how b.str affects fighting or other actions

- or the stamina... which affects every action you do in terms of activity....

- ml does what? give you extra action slot in crafting window or to queue next?

- and for what... every extra action scales the time and does same amount of work.. if not a fail.. wasting your time.. and it mainly puts more damage on your tool.... or gives you better chance to ruin your tool's enchant

(BUT WAIT... this is only a skill that affects the queue... ANYBODY CAN QUEUE THAT MANY ACTIONS.. FOLLOWING THE ONE BEFORE THAT... so... ML is not a bonus at all than? ... mhh..yea.. kind of....)

and.. mind speed.. it's basically.. a bonus to reflexes in fighting... but.. it's for vynora🤔😬.. and you, literally you.. mentioned in chat.. reading the code that it's barely affecting anything and it's worthless to grind or have or look at it even..(was that a lie)

panfilling is literally the 1 thing allowing you to get decent(read 50-60) queue in less than 5 years.. without it you'd grind woa tool/gathering for years(nobody sane is that sane to do it that way... and it's by far not that rewarding with the queue penalty of action timers); for me it allows me to queue several actions and tab out of the game to read/see something in a browser because the action bar itself is not much of entertainment(wurm needs a bit more action to it's grinds... animations, faster actions, more minigames/or random outcomes/ to keep your attention in the game..; BUT.. the game is just not having that kind of public to enjoy all that... most probably enjoy this afk behavior to be able to puppeteer 2-3-5-10-20 clients for sermons, alts making bricks or w/e of that sort..)

Edited by Finnn

I have 55 ML and have never done any panfilling. I do cook, but i also dig a lot which gives ML too.

19 minutes ago, Kelody said:

I have 55 ML and have never done any panfilling. I do cook, but i also dig a lot which gives ML too.

how old is your account?

Mind Logic is not any more or less difficult to train than Body Stamina or Body Strength. Increasing it through crafting and terraforming is just as fast or slow as those characteristics.

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

and.. mind speed.. it's basically.. a bonus to reflexes in fighting... but.. it's for vynora🤔😬.. and you, literally you.. mentioned in chat.. reading the code that it's barely affecting anything and it's worthless to grind or have or look at it even..(was that a lie)

soul depth soul strength body control are all like that for pve too lol, only having extremely limited use. does it matter? no, they have other non characteristic things to make up for it.

faster repair time increases repair efficiency because faster repairing means less ql loss ticks that happen per second and with 2s repair timers you'll literally lose 0 ql with vynora, another mechanic you dont understand and still argue about, but sure go ill go read the patch notes again🤣

if 50 ml takes you 5 years without panfilling you're pretty bad at hardcore grinding, thats more in the realm of casually enjoying the game and not caring about characteristics.

• Like 2

I agree that the shortened repair timer is bad for all those who grind repairing (poor Madnath, but is he Vyn follower?). I must say, when imping clay items it is a relief not to have to waste 20 minutes every day to get your pots and jars back to the ql of the day before. Could there be some middle ground?

I want to correct myself. Have done panfilling today. It is 0.38 ML per single session, which is 1300 pans filled. Not to factor in the skill slowdown; it means that I'd need to get around 35k pans filled to get 10 points of ML. 10% of 35k pans is 3.5k. It is a *whole lot* of meat, vegs, and painful mouse-dragging. If I wasn't BL and was in need of grinding HFC I'd definitely switch to Vynora for awhile.

10 hours ago, Ekcin said:

I agree that the shortened repair timer is bad for all those who grind repairing (poor Madnath, but is he Vyn follower?). I must say, when imping clay items it is a relief not to have to waste 20 minutes every day to get your pots and jars back to the ql of the day before. Could there be some middle ground?

I am a Vyn follower, but the bug about my exploding med rugs has stoppped my grind anyway

On 2/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, Ostentatio said:

As mentioned before, followers/priests at max Faith will still be able to charge rite spells via prayer. It just respects the prayers-per-day limit, and the listener count minimum for sermons. It's whether or not you *would* gain skill, not whether or not you actually do because you're below the maximum.

Just to be extra clear: Priests at 100 Faith and followers at 30 Faith will still be able to charge rite spells, and this will be limited by the normal faith gain rules for prayers/sermons, such as the prayers-per-day limit. Whether you have 25 Faith, 30 Faith, or 100 Faith, it will follow the same rules.

I'm sincerely sorry to ask for one more bit of clarification here. I'm probably the only fool who would even consider doing this, so calling this a "normal" faith gain rule -- my brain is having difficulty stretching itself that far, comfortably.

If a priest at 100 faith, having already prayed five times at the appropriate intervals (in order to help charge Rite spells), preaches to an audience of at least six eligible listeners -- does the priest's prayers-per-day counter reset, allowing them to continue charging rite spells?

20 hours ago, Kohle said:

I'm sincerely sorry to ask for one more bit of clarification here. I'm probably the only fool who would even consider doing this, so calling this a "normal" faith gain rule -- my brain is having difficulty stretching itself that far, comfortably.

If a priest at 100 faith, having already prayed five times at the appropriate intervals (in order to help charge Rite spells), preaches to an audience of at least six eligible listeners -- does the priest's prayers-per-day counter reset, allowing them to continue charging rite spells?

That would reset your prayer count, so yes.

With traders gone..

and previously uniques removed from PoK ability..

Are there any plans to breathe some life and usefulness into the path ability for Path of Knowledge players or we're down to point over people and tell them what their affinities are and laught like mad wo/men.. while actual usefulness of any of that is maybe only the social awkwardness. Today got reminded that this one took two punches and other than for the lulz.. it's currently useless ability, further more 3rd another use also lost value in the time of 2-3 patches. 

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

With traders gone..

and previously uniques removed from PoK ability..

Are there any plans to breathe some life and usefulness into the path ability for Path of Knowledge players or we're down to point over people and tell them what their affinities are and laught like mad wo/men.. while actual usefulness of any of that is maybe only the social awkwardness. Today got reminded that this one took two punches and other than for the lulz.. it's currently useless ability, further more 3rd another use also lost value in the time of 2-3 patches. 

I'd say not losing any skill beyond fs when dying and a 25% bonus to skillgain permanently is pretty sweet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I'd say not losing any skill beyond fs when dying and a 25% bonus to skillgain permanently is pretty sweet

I am pretty sure that he means the level 4 and level 7 abilities. Level 7 was before used near exclusively for draining traders. Now that's gone. 2 abilities that have zero practical use in game.

The 2 you mention are level 9 and level 11. That's all PoK got going for it. Pretty nice, yes, but doesn't change the fact that the 2 prior powers are as worthless as a white crayon.

Edited by Angelklaine