Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

@LisimbaMakes perfectly wogical sense... so new best small deed cost is .. 1.25silver a month.. if you have a trader on it.. weather it's a worth investment, up to the person to decide

(OP quote: "We will also be adjusting costs of trader items to compensate for the inability to drain back funds", lets see how much new traders cost)

@staff I'd imagine a lot more things on traders are about to get their pricing changed? Now that you can not get portion of your investment back... it's how old traders worked.. whatever you spend on them... good bit to near 1/3rd of the cost.. you were able to get back. Does that mean that all prices are dropping with ~1/3 now?

The wiki says 25% of what's paid to the trader can be drained again. It would make sense to take off that much as a baseline, but perhaps some of the prices might be rebalanced too.

2 hours ago, Lisimba said:

Of course you could then add some more tiles to the deed without affecting upkeep.

The only issue I could for see is, If a deed it locked in. I am guessing this isn't an issue with lower pop. now a days. There could be one or two out their. If not disregard this statement. 

Edited by gorgian

What about if we paid in advance for premium?  Since those changes too, will we get more prem if we paid in advance?  All of these things relate back to people purchasing something at a time when some parameters were set and now it all changed after the fact.  The same situation occurs for people with priests who paid for a Nahjo priest but now it is no more relevant, or people who premmed a Fo priest with the chopped veggie favour in mind to play given limited time due to having a real life with a real job...

It would be great if people who supported the game in the past with loyalty via prem and deed upkeep and traders bought given a certain set of parameters in place, could be incorporated in the future plans by way of giving something extra back to level the playing field.  In many cases, if a client contacts a company who offers "new deals" to entice "new clients" with sweeteners and discounts, the existing client will find they can get the same from the company (they just have to ask).  The reason is if your current client leaves, it is way way harder to get them back, if at all...so sweeteners will more than likely not entice a previous client back once they decided enough is enough.

• Like 2

+40 to Taming skillcheck bonus (was +20)

What does this mean?

Say I'm trying to tame an Aged Champ Croc @ lvl 75. Is:

a) my level plus 40?
b) my % chance to tame +40?
c) my outcome +40? (to which, what's the default outcome range / how's it calculated, if I may ask?)

I forgot to ask:

Will the gear curve appy to an eventual jackal2 aswell or that one will have own rules?

Because if it will noone would have to grind ws bs or armor skills just make them all 10ql and be glorified 66's that's good value right there:)

On 2/25/2020 at 4:44 AM, Encrtia said:

What does this mean?

Say I'm trying to tame an Aged Champ Croc @ lvl 75. Is:

a) my level plus 40?
b) my % chance to tame +40?
c) my outcome +40? (to which, what's the default outcome range / how's it calculated, if I may ask?)

Skill checks have a "bonus", which is a totally separate factor from your skill and the difficulty of the action. It's granted by things like the result of a separate skill check for the tool, or by things like faith/alignment bonuses in the case of channeling. For reference, the maximum the "bonus" can ever be is 70, and you mostly just get that when enchanting due to alignment/faith/deed bonuses.

There's no quick and concise explanation for exactly how much it affects the result, so you can't really think of it as "40% better" or anything like that. The important thing to know is that it improves the result on average, and that +40 makes a more substantial difference than the previous +20 did.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 3:50 PM, Fairyshine said:

What about if we paid in advance for premium?  Since those changes too, will we get more prem if we paid in advance?  All of these things relate back to people purchasing something at a time when some parameters were set and now it all changed after the fact.  The same situation occurs for people with priests who paid for a Nahjo priest but now it is no more relevant, or people who premmed a Fo priest with the chopped veggie favour in mind to play given limited time due to having a real life with a real job...

It would be great if people who supported the game in the past with loyalty via prem and deed upkeep and traders bought given a certain set of parameters in place, could be incorporated in the future plans by way of giving something extra back to level the playing field.  In many cases, if a client contacts a company who offers "new deals" to entice "new clients" with sweeteners and discounts, the existing client will find they can get the same from the company (they just have to ask).  The reason is if your current client leaves, it is way way harder to get them back, if at all...so sweeteners will more than likely not entice a previous client back once they decided enough is enough.

Aside from the EULA which states no refunds, even if a business were to consider such a thing it would be a private matter between them and the customer.

Posting about it here will never get you anything.

Edited by Beanbag

1 hour ago, Beanbag said:

it's good business to keep customers happy

good rep isn't nothing

• Like 3

since a declaration of independence for a pmk currently costs 1 gold, and comes with a trader, will the dec form be made much cheaper (in comparison to other trader items being made slightly cheaper) to compensate for the lost value that a drainable trader added to the form? how will owning land/the battle camps (not the moonmetal ones, things like silver anchor, stone valley, new day) effect it, will they reduce upkeep in a way similar to how they increased trader payout?

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

since a declaration of independence for a pmk currently costs 1 gold, and comes with a trader, will the dec form be made much cheaper (in comparison to other trader items being made slightly cheaper) to compensate for the lost value that a drainable trader added to the form? how will owning land/the battle camps (not the moonmetal ones, things like silver anchor, stone valley, new day) effect it, will they reduce upkeep in a way similar to how they increased trader payout?

if pvp is dead, will there be pve kingdoms wagon and flag options like unique alliance merchandise??

• Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, Finnn said:

good rep isn't nothing

Which is completely irrelevant to the point that complaining on forums will not resolve the issue, ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

if pvp is dead, will there be pve kingdoms wagon and flag options like unique alliance merchandise??

No, because they are releasing a new pvp server with the steam release.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:44 PM, Beanbag said:

Aside from the EULA which states no refunds, even if a business were to consider such a thing it would be a private matter between them and the customer.

Hate to correct you, but the EULA does state you can ask for a refund. But the refund is in the forum of Sleep Powder, And they are not obligated to do so. 

11 minutes ago, gorgian said:

Hate to correct you, but the EULA does state you can ask for a refund. But the refund is in the forum of Sleep Powder, And they are not obligated to do so. 

THERE ARE NO FINANCIAL REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.

You are referring to server downtime refund:

Code Club AB is not under any obligation to refund through any mechanism for game time lost through any "downtime" in the Wurm Online Service. Code Club AB may at its own discretion credit player accounts using the "Sleep Bonus" mechanism.

Edited by MrJonnyboy

27 minutes ago, MrJonnyboy said:

THERE ARE NO FINANCIAL REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.

You are referring to server downtime refund:

Code Club AB is not under any obligation to refund through any mechanism for game time lost through any "downtime" in the Wurm Online Service. Code Club AB may at its own discretion credit player accounts using the "Sleep Bonus" mechanism.

This is correct, there are refunds but only as you stated. for server down time or testing. 

but,

Code Club AB reserves the right to modify, add to or supplement or delete these terms and conditions at any time. All such changes shall be seen as applying retrospectively to all accounts.

• Like 1

Is there a planned date of the February update already? Well, we are on the last day on Feb...

Edited by Jaz

Feb was short on days so we borrowed some from march. 

Current expected date is 4th of March 

• Like 1

I have a suggestion. What if at certain skill milestones you get some time shaved off of the timer? For example if you reached 20 carpentry you get a bit of time shaved off of the timer for making an item that uses carpentry, and perhaps a bit more time removed at 30 carpentry, and so on. It would make it more rewarding for the players who have invested a lot of time into those skills.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, Finnn said:

That's a novel concept around here lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sulevi said:

I have a suggestion. What if at certain skill milestones you get some time shaved off of the timer? For example if you reached 20 carpentry you get a bit of time shaved off of the timer for making an item that uses carpentry, and perhaps a bit more time removed at 30 carpentry, and so on. It would make it more rewarding for the players who have invested a lot of time into those skills.

isnt that the case already

Creation QoL Improvements.

I'm really having trouble wrapping my head around this. I suddenly get stupid and start making 1ql stuff? But to get around that I make an alt who can make better stuff than my more experienced character and imp it. Wut?

Oh, and forget that my more experienced character sometimes fails to make something completely while my new alt never fails making a thing. 

Can't you come up with something that does not encourage a thousand alts?

Edited by Hanel

43 minutes ago, Hanel said:

Creation QoL Improvements.

I'm really having trouble wrapping my head around this. I suddenly get stupid and start making 1ql stuff? But to get around that I make an alt who can make better stuff than my more experienced character and imp it. Wut?

Oh, and forget that my more experienced character sometimes fails to make something completely while my new alt never fails making a thing. 

Can't you come up with something that does not encourage a thousand alts?

This applies to all characters, not just the ones created after this is introduced. It won't affect your current ql negatively, it's just to help the situations where you already got the 1ql stuff, or failures.

• Like 1

I think leatherworking improvement action at level 1.. is 12 seconds.. and at 90-99-100 leatherworking.. normal action is still 12 seconds... are there any plans to improve basic actions with skill improvement? (atm only way to speed it up is woa/botd/speed rune(5% kind of lol improvement) and considering there's higher improvement, less ql lost on repair or -10% damage taken.... the speed rune kind of fades in usefulness.. while we're only able to use one rune per tool..)

• Like 1