Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

16 minutes ago, enoofu said:

Personally I believe the number one issue for people leaving is current state of PVE; Since combat is to cumbersome and large portion of wurm doesn't even get involved with PVE especially how difficult it is to heal with cotton if you don't have a FO Priest, or Life transfer ;

Contrary to your belief there has been a rebound in PvE participation this year. And atm there is practically PvE only on Wurm. Personally I fail to see that healing with cotton and farmers salve (and LT weapon) were so hard. We closed rifts with 3 people, no priest, and I cannot imagine many harder PvE situations except unique hunts.

• Like 1

Trader update, Finally. I have waited 8 years for this to happen..... Great Work!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Finnn said:

Doesn't this mean that followers who can NOT get faith past 30.00... can not improve global cast charging at all once they reach that 30 faith? 😴

And priests at 100 faith.

Now we can use unskilled freebie alts to make planks and bricks. No need to premium them anymore.

Are you going to remove the premium skill requirement for newbies to make stone houses, that need half of these items?

Edited by Kelody

14 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:
  19 hours ago, Finnn said:

these thanges are far from any balance... it forces play in customer's throat, now I have to be mainly this and side-good at that... but not good at both, it's no longer my personal choice, it's a forced play by faith laws..

what are your thoughts on being forced to be vyn to skill effectively before the changes

troll post?

There was no forcing.. there was only a benefit(10% skillgain), now there's a lot to lose by being a smith character and being thrown a tiny wooden bone.. what am I to do with the carpentry/pottery bonus when smithing.. it's useless

Lets see how many wooden tools there are that you use often.. and how many metal tools there are.. 

What if I do not hunt often.. that useless magranon fs and weapon skill bonus just gives me NOTHING, I'll only get the benefit for smithing.. and nothing else.. perfect no win situation.

Before.. if you was into hunting.. you pick mag to get the fs skill boost, simple and clean.. now... it's a ****storm mess of mixed content that just makes no sense

"great class-less" system change..

28 minutes ago, Kelody said:

And priests at 100 faith.

As mentioned before, followers/priests at max Faith will still be able to charge rite spells via prayer. It just respects the prayers-per-day limit, and the listener count minimum for sermons. It's whether or not you *would* gain skill, not whether or not you actually do because you're below the maximum.

Just to be extra clear: Priests at 100 Faith and followers at 30 Faith will still be able to charge rite spells, and this will be limited by the normal faith gain rules for prayers/sermons, such as the prayers-per-day limit. Whether you have 25 Faith, 30 Faith, or 100 Faith, it will follow the same rules.

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

now there's a lot to lose by being a smith character and being thrown a tiny wooden bone.. what am I to do with the carpentry/pottery bonus when smithing.. it's useless

Lets see how many wooden tools there are that you use often.. and how many metal tools there are.. 

What if I do not hunt often.. that useless magranon fs and weapon skill bonus just gives me NOTHING, I'll only get the benefit for smithing.. and nothing else.. perfect no win situation.

Before.. if you was into hunting.. you pick mag to get the fs skill boost, simple and clean.. now... it's a ****storm mess of mixed content that just makes no sense

A Vynora smith will still get +10% skill gain to those skills, which Magranon won't. It absolutely won't be useless. Skill level is extremely important for improving items.

Also, just to clarify: Magranon does not have a skillgain boost to Fighting Skill, and never did. No god increases FS gain from killing things.

• Like 2

If there's more changes on religion and meditation coming it too would be fair to allow additional free transfers for both. The crew behind the scenes familiar with the forthcoming any changes and will probably make more wise transfer choices ahead of time, in comparation of those left in blind. Even more wise marks spending.

• Like 2

Just waiting for the day we see the number 1 change most of us actually want

The option of what we dispell

• Like 13

I like how I've watched this thread since its inception and dissenting opinions are regularly deleted.

That's a sure-fire sign of success.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Agatino said:

I like how I've watched this thread since its inception and dissenting opinions are regularly deleted.

The only posts that I see were removed in this thread are ones that directly insult other forum members or the dev team, or were not relevant to the topic at hand at all. If you can't share your opinion on the topic in a civilized manner, don't. And please don't make up some imaginary deleted "dissenting opinions".

• Like 8

It's surprising to me how many people appear to be unwilling to express their opinion without being hostile. Everyone gets frustrated and angry at times, but really we're all adults here. Seems like we should be able to voice an opinion while being respectful. 

To be honest, after seeing the way Retro is treated I know what I would be saying to people and it would be far less charitable than his responses.

I feel like the Wurm team (especially recently) has made a serious effort to explain why certain decisions are being made. So many other game companies give far less in my opinion. And while I don't always agree with every decision, I think it's pretty clear that they are working in the best interest of the future of the game. After playing so many other games, I've finally found a long term home and I really want to see it stick around. So they've got my support. 

Of course, not everyone is responding this way, but enough people are doing so that if I were a prospective player contemplating this game, I'd probably get a seriously incorrect impression of the Wurm community.

That's my 2 cents. (probably worth what you paid for it).

• Like 9

Thank god the Wurm dev team has some sense to make the steam release good, I also hope they "let go" the many useless chat/forum mods floating around here who often act un-professonal. I dont want to see them in the steam server come release day TBH, giving them any power over a possible new playerbase spells disaster.

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Agatino said:

I've watched this thread since the beginning as well and dissenting opinions are still there. I mean, just look at the first page. First two posts are "ouch", a bit lower someone responds with nothing but the word "worthless", someone calls it "dumbing down", and there's someone calling the rite changes a "foolish change", with the last post summarizing with "blah". All of that is still there, and that's just the first page of this thread. (Lots of positive reactions too, of course.)

What got deleted is the reactions of people that went rude and personal, like the one calling someone a neckbeard. And honestly we're better off without those.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Arimus said:

It's surprising to me how many people appear to be unwilling to express their opinion without being hostile.

The problem as far as I can see is that many people do not play the game for its own sake anymore. Back in my day people played to make interesting things and you can still see some people doing just that. But when I look at people talk everything is dominated by raising a number in a stat sheet. That's all everyone talks about. Even utterly inconsequential things like a few percent skill gain bonus are Big Things that must be defended from the evil game developers.

It's an industry-wide trend that has transformed game design in the past decade. Everything has to be quantified; progress is defined by numbers raising; making numbers raise slower is an attack by game devs on the player base.

I find this equal parts abhorrent and alien, but it is what it is.

Edited by Batolemaeus
  • Like 5

Kindling should be added to the "no fail" list.  There's absolutely no such thing as "useless" kindling.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

Kindling should be added to the "no fail" list.  There's absolutely no such thing as "useless" kindling.

That was an oversight; it'll be there.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

troll post?

There was no forcing.. there was only a benefit(10% skillgain), now there's a lot to lose by being a smith character and being thrown a tiny wooden bone.. what am I to do with the carpentry/pottery bonus when smithing.. it's useless

there's no forcing in the new system either there's only benefits. you didn't go mag to hunt before because mags bonus only used to cover shields, fighting subskills (not fighting itself) and archery (not including long/medium/short bow skills). the only difference after the change is that there's an actual viable follower option outside vynora, which seems to upset you for some reason. you don't "lose" something by not having it, you just don't have it.

a 10% increase in imp amount isn't a class, its merely a slight bonus. i really don't see how you can come to the conclusion that vynora being the only useful follower isn't forcing but having 4 varied and good possible followers is forcing. then again, seeing your post history its nothing new 😅

• Like 12
  • Cat 2

On 2/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, Retrograde said:

Holy Crop

• Flower spawns will increase
  • Grass will grow faster

Can we improve/revise Fo's ritual spell? I get that he's all about healing and love, but with Vynora's boat speed boost, Libila's damage boost, and Magranon's repairing and water/food recharge, Fo's ritual is lacking. I appreciate that Fo is the opposite of a god of war, but I believe I'll have a very hard time convincing any Fo priests to ever cast Holy Crop on the Epic servers.

Can Holy Crop:

• groom all named animals on the server
  • recharge water/food
  • cast heal light wound on every friendly player
  • literally anything useful at all, especially on a relatively dead Epic server where improved crop yields don't really matter

t h a n k s

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Finnn said:

troll post?

The bonuses are meant to be relatively small so there's no straight meta for what to play as. Each god offers pro's and con's to followers. No penalties... Just choice.

Just to be clear: When gods offer serious bonuses, players feel like they HAVE to pick that god just for the bonus, and it limits your choices.

• Like 1

Which is why everyone went Vyn follower for the +10% skillgain. That was the meta.

Personally I like this addition. It makes other gods viable again with pros and cons. Good job in the end.

• Like 3

Super happy about the new racks! I hope by the way, that the alignment of the saddle becomes centered on the rack. In the screenshot it seems to be a little bit too much to the right? Also hoping we will get the various wood types supported for both these and the hitching post. 

Looking forward to the trader changes. Even though it wasn't mentioned in this post, I saw it mentioned elsewhere that with these changes also comes the possibility for Xanadu folks to get traders for the first time, right? I've never had a trader, but will definitely be getting one to ease up the huge settlement costs I deal with!

Also very happy to hear about the QoL improvements to newbies trying to build stuff. Beginning in Wurm is brutal and discouraging enough as it is. It was just overkill to have items actually break, just from trying to build with them!

• Like 5

Wanted a saddle rack for ages :)

With the change to how deity favor pool collects maybe a nice time to add a 75% progress to rite sermon message

Idk if only 3x is enough for prayer favor. You can fit a lot more old prayers between each faith timer gain. Will the time between casts be somewhat similar based on past data with missions/prayers?

I do like the idea to make the rites less spammy, but I hope the effect is monitored to keep the frequency reasonably similar (if not better). 

6 minutes ago, LionIX said:

Idk if only 3x is enough for prayer favor. You can fit a lot more old prayers between each faith timer gain. Will the time between casts be somewhat similar based on past data with missions/prayers?

I do like the idea to make the rites less spammy, but I hope the effect is monitored to keep the frequency reasonably similar (if not better). 

We're hoping that the change will encourage followers and priests to pray sometimes now when they otherwise wouldn't, and contribute to missions more often.

We'll be keeping an eye on things, though. Numbers can always be tweaked later if necessary, but it's hard to predict player behavior beforehand.

• Like 1

I feel like it's kinda underwhelming that saddle racks only hold 15 lol, seems kinda redundant against just using an LSU

• Like 4