Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

+15% skill gain to Fighting subskills, all “weapon” skills and subskills, and Archery & its subskills

does this mean mag is losing his skillgain to shields on top of it being nerfed 10% for everything else?

4 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

... with inscribing paper being a very limited feature (small character count, many characters disallowed, etc.) I'm not sure how likely we are to include small bonuses for it at this time.

To that only: Why is it so hard to allow more everyday's characters (such as question marks)? And few more chars could not harm.

11 hours ago, CreZ said:

100% creation chance on all items and remove all decay when?

Roughly 3 month after steam release i would guess.

I really like that you make it easier for the noobs. I remember it was very annoying, all the fails at the beginning (also was hard to accept how I was being killed by a chicken, so fast...I mean....a chicken??)

My boyfriend, who just started playing the game, said that without my help, he would have not have kept playing, no way. Not every noob gets such help, so I think we don't hear how these fails affect new players cause those have left long time ago.

Now the more he plays the more he likes it, but the start was off putting.

So there, my 2 cents.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Long way to go before Steam becomes a reality, working on the UI is part of that for sure.

While it's not the completely new UI overhaul that was Budda's project, it is aimed at improving the issues within this current UI and adding new UX features as well. 

QuaintJointArmednylonshrimp-size_restric

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

While it's not the completely new UI overhaul that was Budda's project, it is aimed at improving the issues within this current UI and adding new UX features as well. 

Not to derail the topic, but I feel really puzzled by this.

A big, really big project, someone is working on it for months and more, but then for some reason that person leaves and all/most of the work is then scrapped? I know you have limited resources and many/most devs are volunteers, but with big projects that really impact the game as a whole - shouldn't you have more teamwork backup and if one dev leaves, another can take over? Not coming to tell you how to run your things, but for a bystander it sounds really inefficient 🤔🤨🤯

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

How about you try to understand what you are reading instead?

10% xp is lost on caracteristics that are not the same as skills so vynora still has 10% more xp on all the skills.

Then gets 15% for ML and MS which is actually a 5% buff from the 10% that is now.

Vynora only lost 10% xp on the body stats is still the meta grinder you are safe breathe in a bag :)

If thats the case and we get to keep the 10% skill gain for everything except the few body stats then im all for it... If not and vynora gets skill gain only for ML and MS, then rip..

You guys fixing the sailing and stealing anytime soon? The new steering is crap.

Oh oh with these follower/priest changes coming in can we get a free convert after all most of us would have already used it before anyway without knowing that this would happen at all so its a bit of a slap in that especially for priests who want to grind or do we have to spend marks to go transfer :(

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

If thats the case and we get to keep the 10% skill gain for everything except the few body stats then im all for it... If not and vynora gets skill gain only for ML and MS, then rip..

You guys fixing the sailing and stealing anytime soon? The new steering is crap.

It was confirmed during the dev stream by Ostentation in chat (his twitch handle is something with chair)

Also i think that going with a theme for deity perks is good:

Magranon on mining so metals and metal items are natural progression

Fo on food keeps his flavor is fine

Vynora knowledge but gets wood because.. ...uhm is not wise to go in a forrest so best cut it?:)

Libila just leather is good but not enough i think we should get 10% better ql for  bewerages because we are heathens and like to party and drink? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

There are 3 types of kingdoms, so to which one would vynora contribute and why would this kingdom win scenarios at double rate?

Players of each kingdom could do missions for it's god or Vynora.

If Vynora wins, then rewards are distributed amongst all players that participated in win, no matter what kingdom. So it will be the same, one player would take main reward and the rest minor rewards.

Helping Vynora to win, would be kingdom independent.

Would require to have separate scenario points tab for Vynora.

Edited by Wilczan

1 hour ago, Shmeric said:

Not to derail the topic, but I feel really puzzled by this.

A big, really big project, someone is working on it for months and more, but then for some reason that person leaves and all/most of the work is then scrapped? I know you have limited resources and many/most devs are volunteers, but with big projects that really impact the game as a whole - shouldn't you have more teamwork backup and if one dev leaves, another can take over? Not coming to tell you how to run your things, but for a bystander it sounds really inefficient 🤔🤨🤯

To be fair, each company has its own internal procedures + each programmer has a way of doing his own things. Some programmers don't leave any documentation behind  to explain some things  and it would take a long amount of time for another coder to figure out what the first one did.  Not that the second wouldn't be a good programmer, it's just that it's a field where people take different approaches to implementing the same idea.

I've met coders who worked 80 hour weeks on some projects, a week later after the project they couldn't remember most of the code they wrote.

Ask 10 different architects to design you a rustic house by a lake and you'll get 10 different approaches. That is sometimes the case with coders as well. Not necesarily CCAB's fault , just perhaps work that's would take some time to decipher, run bug tests and so on. Sometimes it's just easier and more efficient to start another project from scratch.

Edited by elentari
  • Cat 1

Budda's work wasn't flawed or unable to be continued. The decision was made to run with something different in a design sense. 

Not really a fan of indroducing more classlike things with follower changes, i think it's wrong direction...

How many sadless and shields will new racks hold?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

does this mean mag is losing his skillgain to shields on top of it being nerfed 10% for everything else?

The notes we gave Retrograde left that out accidentally. Magranon's skillgain bonus does apply to Shields and Shields subskills.

6 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

I guess i am Fo now.

Any changes to Rite of Sping?

Aside from some possible visual effects, no. Rite of Spring already has a server-wide buff to ship speed, so it wasn't as necessary.

5 hours ago, Torgrim said:

The other thing I think could use some more balancing is the diety bonuses. You say it's just for flavor and quite minor. But if that means everyones favorite flavor is Magranon it doesn't really add flavor, it removes it... Not a big deal, but why not make all dieties about equal in terms of usefulness.  Check the list of bonuses and make sure the usefulness is about the same,  for example  10 less food and drink, that is effective at all time, very useful. 10% faster wall building, useful but only very seldom.  Make all dieties have 1 or 2 static bonuses and a couple of situational bonuses.

They are meant to be roughly as useful as each other. Magranon is certainly better than he used to be, but +10% to all skills with Vynora is still quite good.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The 10% skill gain will no longer apply to all characteristics instead Vynora followers will now get a +2.5%-10% skill gain to Mind Logic, Mind Speed scaled by alignment 

Seen a lot of people misreading this still !!! So here it is:  Vynora still gets 10% gain on normal skills.(aka digging, mining, wood cutting, ext) changes only effect characteristics tree. (aka body strength, soul death, body, ext)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gorgian said:

Seen a lot of people misreading this still !!! So here it is:  Vynora still gets 10% gain on normal skills.(aka digging, mining, wood cutting, ext) changes only effect characteristics tree. (aka body strength, soul death, body, ext)

Guess if they said that then folks wouldn't misunderstand it.  Guess some of us are waiting for someone official to say if it is true or not.

4 hours ago, wipeout said:

Oh oh with these follower/priest changes coming in can we get a free convert after all most of us would have already used it before anyway without knowing that this would happen at all so its a bit of a slap in that especially for priests who want to grind or do we have to spend marks to go transfer :(

this is good question as me used transfer already on all my 4 priests, would choose different religions if we had this informations before

Transfer works for followers too til end of March due to the priest changes. A prolongation would be good anyway. 

Ritual of the Sun

• Meteor showers will occur and boulder-like meteorites  will land across the server which have random metal type and can be mined directly for lumps (They will not change the terrain)

SO are these spawning regular ores or Moon Metal ores for clarification?

Just now, ArthurHawkwing said:

Ritual of the Sun

• Meteor showers will occur and boulder-like meteorites  will land across the server which have random metal type and can be mined directly for lumps (They will not change the terrain)

I skipped ahead to page 6 so if this was already answered, I had not time to read all comments.

Just now, ArthurHawkwing said:

Ritual of the Sun

Retro said on stream that they’d be standard metals (no moon or alloys). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Transfer works for followers too til end of March due to the priest changes. A prolongation would be good anyway. 

The transfer lasts until May 1st.

There'll be no second free faith transfer, those changes are not nearly as impactful as the priest changes last update, and hence, don't really warrant a free transfer.

Personally I believe the number one issue for people leaving is current state of PVE; Since combat is to cumbersome and large portion of wurm doesn't even get involved with PVE especially how difficult it is to heal with cotton if you don't have a FO Priest, or Life transfer ;