Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

+15% skill gain to Religion & its sub skills, Alchemy & its sub skills, and Thievery & its sub skills

Does this mean stealing skill will be fixed?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tor said:

So, meditation is being touched next?

Will lose my ###### if I spent so long having timers to watch while trying to relax and generally hating the whole thing to then not get my sweet 25% exp bonus now that I'm nearly there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:
  • (PvE only changes to serve as an alternative to the various mycelium/HotS benefits Libila gets on PvP servers, retaining the theme but without implementing mycelium 
  • “Consume Corpse” ability to regain health from corpses by consuming their residual life energy
    • Only usable on non-butchered, non-damaged corpses (no hoarding old corpses for health), and when permissions would allow butchering
    • Health gained is dependent on creature, age, condition and scales with CR
    • Auto-targets your most severe wound, like healing spells
    • Sets corpse as “butchered”, so there is a choice between this and butchering products
    • When Rite of Death is in effect, Consume Corpse has a chance of triggering an effect similar to a Mindstealer enchantment
    • 10-minute cooldown timer

10 minutes is too long but is probably like that to prevent people spamming it to farm stats for 24h when once every 5 years a libila rite would be casted on a pve server :)

Think the cd should be  3-5m and will be a nice duo with ED effect and make Libila's have a sustain similar to an LT user but at the cost of less butcher mats (which is big since is LIb's 2x favor item) but 10% more weap dmg from ED.

Could make it so that the cooldown on the chance to get a Minstealer  similar effect during  Lib rite buff  from using Consume Corpse is 10m instead please?

6 minutes ago, sleepys said:

+15% skill gain to Religion & its sub skills, Alchemy & its sub skills, and Thievery & its sub skills

Does this mean stealing skill will be fixed?

No, it means Libila got robbed again :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noevi said:

Will lose my ###### if I spent so long having timers to watch while trying to relax and generally hating the whole thing to then not get my sweet 25% exp bonus now that I'm nearly there.

Like all of us on the path of insanity when it was changed from flat 50% DR to 30% scaled over multiple levels? Or any other necessary changes to meditation that will inevitably impact someone?

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Compared to the other faiths... this is ridiculous... 

ok.. 100 alightment.. easy with chopping trees.. we're at 10% always.. ez... the DUMB decay on alignment.. is not fun for sure.... if only.. it was decaying at a known rate.. when we do something 'bad'.... to not bother checking if we're shanked with lower than 10% ..... but ok... wurm's fun and have these fun stuff players have to micromanage out of 'boredom' lets keep the players entertained and nervrotic checking their alignment always now..

5% faster wall building ... that's nothing on a 10second action.. it's what.. half a second? per action? 'great' perk... what if I do not ever build... total loss... great....

10% shorter time when paving... nobody paves tiles 24/7/365... wait.. somebody thought somebody does... well... probably.. wrong conception.. "thanks for this gift" / another useless perk

7.5% repairing... last I checked you removed the 6500 repairing goal, well the reason for anybody to do something crazy like that.... so... who or why would ever do that much repairing to matter to lose a perk slot for that??????????????? repairing is just as useful action like tracking/disarming on pve... sure it drops the ql loss and that scales with the higher skill... but nobody repairs that often to make use of a perk like this.. and waste a slow for something more useful... or multi skillset bonus... like other faiths...

great.. like I remove paving every day.. passive 'bonus', ok, that's a plus actually.. if I was paving/removing paving often(which not many people do.. ever..)

we come down to fine/carp item imps and clay.. clay's barely there, it's mostly useless resource only used for amphora storage containers.. which can not even be repaired without a priest(how cute.. right..), clay part of that is not even a decent perk....

as for wooden type only... it's only 2nd best resource, not many tools have wooden type; additionally..

main part is... characters with well developed skills in smithing... should now MOVE TO MAGRANON as faith, there's NO OTHER OPTION

great "class-less" change........... well thought, thanks for the freedom of picking a faith with this

unless I want to be only a carpenter...(while following vynora) I HAVE TO MOVE TO MAGRANON.. to do smithing.. well.. don't I ?

"great forced play"

How about you try to understand what you are reading instead?

10% xp is lost on caracteristics that are not the same as skills so vynora still has 10% more xp on all the skills.

Then gets 15% for ML and MS which is actually a 5% buff from the 10% that is now.

Vynora only lost 10% xp on the body stats is still the meta grinder you are safe breathe in a bag :)

• Like 2

Traders

This seems like a reasonable change... those who haven't recouped their purchase price should get some compensation.. and the purchase price in general will need to come down...

Racks on Racks

Love the new racks.  They will allow for things to look a lot nicer.

Elevation Premium Requirements

I've never played on Elevation... don't really have a desire to...

Stone Strike Balance

This seems like a good change.  I'd prefer the cap to be a bit higher (closer to 80%).

Creation QoL Improvements

I love the intent here!  I think something should be done to help the noobs.  This may be too much.  At the least, it's probably too many.

Effective QL curve on armour, shields and weapons

Awesome!  Noob gear has been a complaint of mine for a while now, and this seems a reasonable approach.  Love it!

Follower changes

Meh.  I'm non-plussed.  As a Vyn follower, with a Mag priest and a Vyn priest and a couple other Vyn followers, I don't think this will make much difference to me personally, but I do appreciate the attempt to make the followers distinctive and all beneficial.  I suppose my main can destroy roads without potentially having to pray a couple times to make up for it.

Rite Changes

Have never worked on the Rites, or done more than benefit a bit from them....

Overall, I'm happy for the changes.

Thanks,

JS

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

complaining about other people

Not sure why this needs explanation, but I'm not complaining, I'm offering a solution to being upset with changes that are, in fact, pretty darn decent.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Like all of us on the path of insanity when it was changed from flat 50% DR to 30% scaled over multiple levels? Or any other necessary changes to meditation that will inevitably impact someone?

I'm not sure I think it's quite the same thing as PoK. Unless it also comes with removing any skillpoints gained over the years with it retroactively from anyone who had it. It increases the gap in a game where the gap is already massive.
Something breaking immediate player to player interactions or causing imbalance in combat is not the same thing as a blanket nerf to all exp gain years after it's been enjoyed by the community. The counter argument could be that players could have won big profits by using the SotG in pvp fights before nerf and then making it harder for others to do the same, but I feel it's not a compelling argument.

I will say I think it's a way too strong bonus, but removing it after it's been in for so long? Make it baseline for all paths and give PoK something different so we can have choice instead.

Edited by Noevi

I'm glad traders are gone, I can't wait to spend even more money to watch numbers tick up.

31 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

How about you try to understand what you are reading instead?

10% xp is lost on caracteristics that are not the same as skills so vynora still has 10% more xp on all the skills.

Then gets 15% for ML and MS which is actually a 5% buff from the 10% that is now.

Vynora only lost 10% xp on the body stats is still the meta grinder you are safe breathe in a bag :)

I've written nothing about characteristics and skills confusion.. idk where you read that.. so take the note from your book.. read what other people write..

ML.. cool.. that's the messed up skill that do not even get gains after you go 20 points from it.. active stills which you get way over that range so fast... do not even give you ML at decent rate.... ( I can go 8-10hours on sleep bonus smithing and get 0.05ML --edit sorry meant 0.005, where cooking 1000 items gives me 0.10 or more ML instantly.. mhm.... yea... great 15%.. enough of an argument? that's 70ml and past 90smithing... that skill is broken for gains with the 20 range bull....)
it's almost pointless to have this.... only people who get a bonus from it are these who never grind and have 10 skills to 50 or below collected in 3 years..

MS... is that even useful for anything..... besides fighting.. where.... nobody ever grinded MS for anything....
you can grind this by sitting in a pen and having things peck at you for a bit, than move to another tile.. you'll get your shield skill up, and sub stances on fighting... but not fs itself.. in the process you'll boost MS way more than whatever this will give you ... for that 5% on the useless skill chased by nobody...

While we lose body/stamina/body.str, mind, etc... all other characteristic skills.....

TELL me again how that is a buff and not a total nerf, please.. 

@DEVS Please get somebody understanding the skills to help you fix the game... this only implements more imbalances that make no sense at all.

At that.. this is turning into a Religious Online mmo, what happened with wurm, a sandbox.. game with freedom and ability to pick your own playstyle?

Edited by Finnn
--edit in color missed a 0
  • Like 1

Anyway, I like the racks for hanging saddles on. Looks great!

• Like 2

Quick question, will you scale shield skill up then? Now it's based off of quality and how much damage you block. 20ql is too high for some skill levels, how will it scale now?

• Like 1

Just now, Holar said:

Quick question, will you scale shield skill up then? Now it's based off of quality and how much damage you block. 20ql is too high for some skill levels, how will it scale now?

that will probably get all messed.. with ql/effectiveness to block etc..

good remark

Shouldn't the no-fail list be ONLY planks and nails?  Those are the only 2 things you need to make yourself safe! You don't NEED a roof to have a completed house, you don't NEED a floor to have a completed house.  4 walls and maybe a Small fence to farm in can get a player started to grind the skills needed.  A stone house isn't needed and should be an achieved housing structure since it has slower decay than wooden.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Xandice said:

Shouldn't the no-fail list be ONLY planks and nails?  Those are the only 2 things you need to make yourself safe! You don't NEED a roof to have a completed house, you don't NEED a floor to have a completed house.  4 walls and maybe a Small fence to farm in can get a player started to grind the skills needed.  A stone house isn't needed and should be an achieved housing structure since it has slower decay than wooden.  

Yarn is probably the part that perplexes me the most. I have never made yarn in several years of playing. I did not know it was an essential thing for new players. Didn't get the memo.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Xandice said:

shafts are also needed for fences.. you'll need such to make a yard.. for a farm or place to be safely surrounded by fencing not allowing hostile creatures to reach you, that stuff matter a lot at low level. One of the fastest fences to make is the wooden plank fence.. not sure about the name was something like 1 nail, 3 planks, 1 shaft per tile border.. pretty cheap.. and takes planks to repair.. instead of bricks.. and higher ql bricks to improve later are a bit harder to find than higher ql planks..

rivets and maybe some other items made no sense.. but well no pain to not fail such or at least I do not care if I fail to make a rope and it's not ql1.. but ql20 now.. seems like a better change overall.

--edit

9 minutes ago, Noevi said:

Yarn is probably the part that perplexes me the most. I have never made yarn in several years of playing. I did not know it was an essential thing for new players. Didn't get the memo.

Spinning wheels REQUIRE some skill.. higher than nooby below or 20.00/+(probably another general buff for everybody to enjoy)

wiki says: 
30 fine carpentry skill is required to start a spinning wheel.
30 fine carpentry, 75ql shaft, 51ql small wheel gives 44% creation chance

Edited by Finnn

9 minutes ago, Noevi said:

and thatch.... why thatch??

• Like 1

It's related to item difficulty, not hard coded. Those items fall into the low enough difficulty to be eligible 

As a Lib priest I love the changes. The 15% to religion and sub-skills makes me really happy.  The consume corpse might come in handy every now and then too. 

I can see the bulk sellers being upset with the no fail items. I can totally see it driving down prices on low end bulk mats. (They just need to convince the market that sub 50QL mats should really be half price ;) )

The only other thing I'd love to see change is an alternative to sermon groups for faith counter resets (like maybe sacrificing past a certain favor threshold. Surely Libila would approve!). At 83 faith I'm only getting a total of .12 faith gain after my 6 daily prayers. I really, really, don't want to have to travel to another continent to join a sermon group.  I'm already trying to think of names for my 6 steam accounts that I will need for alts. That's hard work. Help me avoid that by giving us an alternative to sermon groups.  

• Like 2

I rewrote my post like 5 times to make sure i dont end up getting it deleted within an hour because someone might mistake my opinion for trolling because i put too much emotion into it :/

Anyway here goes

Lets make a simple check list

Trader changes: Yay for existing traders being able to be moved it means i can move my 1 trader to my main deed on cele and save a few copper but unless their price drops big time it wont be viable for 90% of the playerbase to ever consider buying one only those with mega deeds
More racks: <3 yay thank you
Creation qol improvements: So you want to dumb down the game for the steam release and ruin the point of skill gain why stop here why not just give every item that isnt a tool a 100% chance while you are at it? This is honestly worse then rolf's "hey lets push an update to make it so that fat layers=dodge chance" update that made everyone be unable to avoid any attack/hit any attack it just doesnt make sense, Clay bricks is a good example of a item that will loose its value because of this change, Also why only hunting arrow head? pvp reasons? You know pvp is dead right?
This feature really does scream "Hey we need to make wurm easier for the steam release to attract a bigger crowd of people how can we destroy wurm's dna in order to line our pockets more" and sorry but it is just bad i can see why a newbie would be happy but instead of doing a blanket 100% chance on these items at all times give newbies a week long(of play time) buff that does this effect instead and tie it to the first account created on said email or something as that is where this change seems to be aimed at int he first place
Another thing for the bulk market this means that any newbie can get 2k bricks for 2s way easier to get their first month of prem cutting into your overall income(most newbies dont play for long remember) so is this change really a good one for the business or is it just an attempt to make early game far easier then it was before?

Follower changes:
Oh boy i like the additions to the bonuses even if some(mag +1 range) dont make a lot of sense but the straight up nerf to vyn's skill gain is just stupid and you guys basically made it that if you want to grind any priest's channeling with a group of alts linked together you have to convert to lib for its +15 skill gain and 10+ increased favor gain, Next to that this patch really does scream "lets nerf vyn and buff fo and lib oh and sprinkle in some goodness to mag" you guys know most long time players love to grind and optimize our grinding speed and i guess now we have to pay more prem to get more marks to swap faiths or do the dam grind constantly before doing the most optimal grind possible for a certain body stat or skill :/
Basically every newbie will be told "go mag it will help you early on the most" and a few years later every other follower will pretty much be not there except on alts or dedicated deed builders on pvp servers
It just screams bad and a "hey we took away other gods lets quickly throw in some random stuff on the remaining gods in hopes of making it more interesting" like why why spend so much time and effort changing gods instead of bug fixing? Whats next? all "new" spells are taken out of the game because they are a balancing nightmare according to some?
So in short, The bonuses to the priests are nice the rite changes are nice but the splitting up of skill gain is just silly that should have been left to be a vyn bonus to skill gain thing alone and it would have been a great buff to priests but now it just means people will swap faiths constantly to get optimal grinding but i guess that was your attempt with the "only valid prayers count" change

Now rite changes: On their own they make no sense what so ever to do the first change but coupled with you guys trying to force people to swap faiths constantly(make it easier to depriest please) it makes sense for only valid prayers to count

All in all i rate this update a 64/100 it could be better but it could have been a lot worse too with the main reason it went lower being the skill gain split between priests and the urge to dumb the game down more being too big

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I kept it short for brevity and will also be putting it on youtube too

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Can you run it through a copy of some sort of speech to text and post a transcript for us luddites who prefer to read?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

But why should we be forced to go to twitch/youtube and watch ads and video's instead of read a post we can read at our own pace just to get more info on patches? 

A lot of us do not want to watch video patch notes due to their pace 

• Like 7