Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

Just now, Annyil said:

And the concrete please! :)

Concrete is irrelevant to new player construction, that is certainly later game use, no please.

• Like 2

this only helps the fresh bloods with more time to play  the game, doesn't help for other.

You don't even have to think about anything.. you can be average 10iq.. and repeat same actions.. to get far..

New meta is pick 1 faith -> do all skills you care about that it boosts;

switch faith -> repeat;

switch faith -> repeat;

Does it sound boring?

You'll be 20x 99 skills in 4months if you have enough time and than quit burned out seeing how pointless the process is.

37 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Seriously though.... if you want to help the newbies, then add a timed buff for the creation changes that lasts 7 days.  This way the GM's can distinguish new players from alt abuse.

This would be the best solution for everyone. 

• Like 4

Just now, atazs said:

This would be the best solution for everyone. 

Yes, but who would stop people from creating a new non-prem alt every 7 days

16 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

hello min maxer, you should consider stopping being a minmaxer

I think anyone telling someone else how to play in general is pretty lame. I'm apparently considered a minmaxer and I don't see that as an issue or anything and neither should anybody else. Let people have fun the way they like, don't jump down someone elses throat for how they actually want to have fun.

Have an issue with what Finn said? Actually address it with a reasonable counter point than try and tell someone in a sandbox MMO with a metric crapton of options how to play.

• Like 5

Just now, nekoexmachina said:

Yes, but who would stop people from creating a new non-prem alt every 7 days

And now what is stopping a bunch of people from creating a crapton of non premium accounts and macro making planks, bricks, etc... 

Bots are going to be even worse now.

Edited by atazs

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

You'll be 20x 99 skills in 4months if you have enough time and than quit burned out seeing how pointless the process is.

Saying that it takes 4 months to get 20 99 skills with this change implies that currently 20x 99 skills would take, hmmmm, 4 month and 10% of 4 months, which happens to be 12 days.

I hardly believe you can reach single skill to 99 over course of 4 months, assuming sleep times and what not.

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Blimey, you are so close to a fundamental revelation in regards to playing games out of intrinsic motivation. So close and yet so far.

I do appreciate that you are formulating a better argument against skill gain affecting bonuses than I have ever been able to.

A bit unrelated, but i havent played WO in 6 years so i'm curious, how does skillgain work compared to WU? Is it still difficulty based?

I swear i read somewhere years ago that it was changed to how it is in WU. Because it if was, then it's going to be piss easy to grind skills with the 100% creation chances.

nah still the old ways - on Freedom

Edited by Jaz

3 minutes ago, atazs said:

And now what is stopping a bunch of people from creating a crapton of non premium accounts and macro making planks, bricks, etc... 

So, the problem of market being `overflown` with bulk goods is kind of not a problem, considering that people (seemingly) don't do that, isn't it?

4 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Actually address it with a reasonable counter point than try and tell someone in a sandbox MMO with a metric crapton of options how to play.

Of course I do have a problem with that silly argument, because it isn't even an argument. More variety over different bonuses is good, and instead of current meta of "always vynora for crafter", you'd have to either choose it lorewise, or weight out different options. I fail to see how is it "forcing people to  play Mag if they do smithing".

Me uses the free transfer from libila to vyn  just because want the skill bonus to stats....Team nope. Hope can get a new one when they come online...But great creation will be easier to new players.

Edited by sleepys

you can get to 90 in under a week, more or less some skills allow you to get a level or more a day... past that... which will drop down eventually.. but.. you'll get there.. soon enough

new perks make is super easy to pump skills like crazy... and to buff QL in no time..

I wonder if devs even play this game..

these thanges are far from any balance... it forces play in customer's throat, now I have to be mainly this and side-good at that... but not good at both, it's no longer my personal choice, it's a forced play by faith laws..

IF NOBODY HAVE UNDERSTOOD IT ALREADY, NOT THAT MANY LIKE THE FAITH STUFF.. that's the reason most characters aren't priests... even with the nerf lifts that made priests almost more capable than non-priests.

Make it so it's a deed bonus.. for sacrificed item-type... toward a deity... at least that way player or group can buff on it all or part of these perks... rather than picking a class to play...

• Like 1

Wurm is alot harder when you start out than when you grinded your toon so a new guy with no knowledge and no skill needed the help is a great move buffing their experience.

Expanding and balancing the followers and priest perks is a much neeeded change in the right direction which is:  make everything viable and a player's choice.

Min maxers will complain but Vyn still gives 10% xp overall just lost that in a few characteristics.

So as a grinder Vyn wil give 10% xp on all skills and 15% more Mind Logic at 100 alligment (just cut a tree when  you log in every day) so Vyn got a buff of 5% more ML gain, so is still meta grind build but atleast the others have closed in the gap.

Dont know why people are weary of the items curve is not like they were making a kiling selling under 70ql armor and weapons so the market will still be there. 

This is just to allow new players to feel like  their own skills are worth pursuing since they will feel the effect of doing so on their toon overall strength much easier.

To retain someone for a long period you need them to grow attached to their own character and/or place in the game and making them feel like their low skills do matter is a very good incentive.

And it won't impact the grinders since majority of the population will play 4-5h/ week maybe so they wont be able to grind everything even with the armor and weap buffs to be self suficient and not want the high end gear.

And the guaranteed item creation makes the low skilled people less frustrated which means they will play the game more which means they will want to build stuff.. which means they will buy mats since most of them like i said will not play for hours and hours everyday.

So less frustration on the new player means more people playing the game... more people playing the game  means the economy will be much bigger.

And the extra bulk mats this change will add to the market will be more than outdone by the demand since, again, most of them will make 200? 400? planks then get bored of it but  then they will want to plan and build a  house nevertheless, calculate how much mats that will need,  grab the credit card buy silver from the shop and  buy the bulk mats in game from the same people that sell it now because they are the actual bulk bulk not the new guy that can now make 20 3ql planks in 5 minutes instead of 15m like before.

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Like 7

I actually kinda like the changes presented, I think that how much of a ballache it is to get a convert will probably hinder the kind of effect these changes will have in the long run though

56 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Doesn't this mean that followers who can NOT get faith past 30.00... can not improve global cast charging at all once they reach that 30 faith? 😴

It doesn't rely on you actually gaining Faith. If you're at 30 Faith as a follower, or 100 on a priest, you'll still be able to pray to "charge" the rituals. You'll just be limited to the prayers-per-day and other limits that limit Faith gain.

51 minutes ago, kgorski said:

that "+10% QL gain when improving" will count for scale armor af "metallic" because of platesmithing? or as "leather" because of material?

It's all material-based. If the item is leather, Libila gets the bonus.

33 minutes ago, paterso said:

Why not just make these few items a bit easier in terms of base difficulty

Difficulty on the items affected is already extremely low. Lowering it further would do basically nothing.

24 minutes ago, atazs said:

Instead of increasing the creation % for certain items, you just flat out make them 100%... Now there is literally no incentive to go for higher quality tools, just dump a really high woa on a low quality tool and bam.

Higher-quality tools will still produce better results, and will still have shorter action timers. When you're making bulk materials, timer length matters a lot, and will continue to matter.

17 minutes ago, Finnn said:

this only helps the fresh bloods with more time to play  the game, doesn't help for other.

You don't even have to think about anything.. you can be average 10iq.. and repeat same actions.. to get far..

New meta is pick 1 faith -> do all skills you care about that it boosts;

switch faith -> repeat;

switch faith -> repeat;

Does it sound boring?

Like other follower bonuses, these require 20+ Faith. It would certainly be possible to specialize selectively and change your god later, but you'll have a period in between where you don't get any of the bonuses at all.

Also, skill gain is only one of the bonuses. Characteristics tend to be very long-term and slow in growth, and many bonuses have nothing to do with skillgain at all.

For clarity, all of the old follower/priest bonuses still exist, except where otherwise noted.

• Like 3

-7.5% repair timer....so less repair ticks, less skillgain? 

Why should I be vynora again? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elentari said:

11 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Min maxers will complain but Vyn still gives 10% xp overall just lost that in a few characteristics.

So as a grinder Vyn wil give 10% xp on all skills and 15% more Mind Logic at 100 alligment (just cut a tree when  you log in every day) so Vyn got a buff of 5% more ML gain, so is still meta grind build

3 minutes ago, elentari said:

Because everyone wants to spend a lot of time repairing everything in deed maintenance...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

It doesn't rely on you actually gaining Faith. If you're at 30 Faith as a follower, or 100 on a priest, you'll still be able to pray to "charge" the rituals. You'll just be limited to the prayers-per-day and other limits that limit Faith gain.

It's all material-based. If the item is leather, Libila gets the bonus.

Difficulty on the items affected is already extremely low. Lowering it further would do basically nothing.

Higher-quality tools will still produce better results, and will still have shorter action timers. When you're making bulk materials, timer length matters a lot, and will continue to matter.

Like other follower bonuses, these require 20+ Faith. It would certainly be possible to specialize selectively and change your god later, but you'll have a period in between where you don't get any of the bonuses at all.

Also, skill gain is only one of the bonuses. Characteristics tend to be very long-term and slow in growth, and many bonuses have nothing to do with skillgain at all.

For clarity, all of the old follower/priest bonuses still exist, except where otherwise noted.

I do not gain faith after 30.0

Edited by Finnn
colors

people spending 3-6+ hours a day on this game complaining about other people wanting to min/max their time

like why wouldn't you want to min/max on something that takes so much of your time?

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I do not gain faith after 30.0

Prayers and sermons will recharge the Rite spells as long as they would count for Faith gain if your Faith weren't maxed out. Having maximum Faith won't prevent it from working at all, trust me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

people spending 3-6+ hours a day on this game complaining about other people wanting to min/max their time

like why wouldn't you want to min/max on something that takes so much of your time?

I wonder.. why people want to use their brains to make things better...

when it could all be solved and predefined for them and fed with a spoon..

I like to have a choice or saying in the things that affect me.. what's wrong with me picking how to play?