Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 094

25 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

the dumbing down for the steam crowd begins

😢

• Like 1

Although I feel a bit sad about nerfing Vyn followers I really like the possibility to have other followers viable.

One thing to consider: add the 10% bonus of imping to creation too - like add 10% creation ql bonus of metal items to Mag follower in addition to the imping bonus etc etc...

To encourage long-term diligence instead of “grinding” them and to encourage all followers to pray from time to time instead of relying on mass-praying priests, only prayers and sermons that could cause valid Faith gains increase deity favour

Doesn't this mean that followers who can NOT get faith past 30.00... can not improve global cast charging at all once they reach that 30 faith? 😴

Cool.... so non-prem alts can spam bulk mats and sell them for coins... BRILLIANT.  /endsarcasm

Seriously though.... if you want to help the newbies, then add a timed buff for the creation changes that lasts 7 days.  This way the GM's can distinguish new players from alt abuse.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Doesn't this mean that followers who can NOT get faith past 30.00... can not improve global cast charging at all once they reach that 30 faith? 😴

I assume it works the same as alignment gains at 100 alignment - you still don't count in sermons if you *could* get alignment despite you are at 100

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

I assume it works the same as alignment gains at 100 alignment - you still don't count in sermons if you *could* get alignment despite you are at 100

you do count in sermons if you have 100 alignment, as long as you havnt done any actions that give alignment in the previous 30 minutes

that "+10% QL gain when improving" will count for scale armor af "metallic" because of platesmithing? or as "leather" because of material?

• Like 3

So... while Retro is now answering all the forum questions (comments in this thread) within the stream.... does it mean I need to re-watch the stream another time again? And ofc, does it mean, as soon as the VOD is gone from Twitch the answers are not longer available? ^^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Cool.... so non-prem alts can spam bulk mats and sell them for coins... BRILLIANT.  /endsarcasm

Seriously though.... if you want to help the newbies, then add a timed buff for the creation changes that lasts 7 days.  This way the GM's can distinguish new players from alt abuse.

Imo just put it on a curve. Maybe its a bit too harsh with basic mats in the beginning. Make it a bit easier. The reality truck hitting them in the face once they venture out into skills that don't have this arbitrary thing set will make things feel janky. Just making these items easier instead, shortening the timers at 1 skill.

50% to make 1 plank at 15 second timer with fresh character is really harsh when you need 80 to make a 1x1 house.
100% at 15 seconds is still slow and doesn't mesh with the rest of the creation of items in the game imo.

100% creation chance on all items and remove all decay when?

34 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

the dumbing down for the steam crowd begins.

I know Wurm has a special player base, but surely you don't consider high time investment and constant failure especially intellectually challenging?

• Like 5

I like alot of these changes but Vyn seems to gotten beat up and faster timers are the benefit. Bye Vyn

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

No more faith loss for non-priests destroying pavement/structures

OMG! Finally!! ❤️❤️❤️   I wants to hugs you all!!!

(Also like the other changes, lots of adaption needed, but was inevitable, as it was long due anywasy ;)   )

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

Ritual of the Sun

• Meteor showers will occur and boulder-like meteorites  will land across the server which have random metal type and can be mined directly for lumps (They will not change the terrain)

yay! can the no change to terrain be applied to rifts as well please ?

• Like 2

Saddle and shield racks - most welcome and best addition for a long time - well done Devs :D

• Like 2

+10% QL gain when improving wooden and clay items

Love this. As a carpenter who recently turned Vyn, this will help immensely!

Vynora

• The 10% skill gain will no longer apply to all characteristics instead Vynora followers will now get a +2.5%-10% skill gain to Mind Logic, Mind Speed scaled by alignment 
  • 5% shorter action timer when building walls 
  • 10% shorter action timer when paving roads
  • 7.5% shorter repair timer
  • No more faith loss for non-priests destroying pavement/structures
  • +10% QL gain when improving wooden and clay items

Compared to the other faiths... this is ridiculous... 

ok.. 100 alightment.. easy with chopping trees.. we're at 10% always.. ez... the DUMB decay on alignment.. is not fun for sure.... if only.. it was decaying at a known rate.. when we do something 'bad'.... to not bother checking if we're shanked with lower than 10% ..... but ok... wurm's fun and have these fun stuff players have to micromanage out of 'boredom' lets keep the players entertained and nervrotic checking their alignment always now..

5% faster wall building ... that's nothing on a 10second action.. it's what.. half a second? per action? 'great' perk... what if I do not ever build... total loss... great....

10% shorter time when paving... nobody paves tiles 24/7/365... wait.. somebody thought somebody does... well... probably.. wrong conception.. "thanks for this gift" / another useless perk

7.5% repairing... last I checked you removed the 6500 repairing goal, well the reason for anybody to do something crazy like that.... so... who or why would ever do that much repairing to matter to lose a perk slot for that??????????????? repairing is just as useful action like tracking/disarming on pve... sure it drops the ql loss and that scales with the higher skill... but nobody repairs that often to make use of a perk like this.. and waste a slow for something more useful... or multi skillset bonus... like other faiths...

great.. like I remove paving every day.. passive 'bonus', ok, that's a plus actually.. if I was paving/removing paving often(which not many people do.. ever..)

we come down to fine/carp item imps and clay.. clay's barely there, it's mostly useless resource only used for amphora storage containers.. which can not even be repaired without a priest(how cute.. right..), clay part of that is not even a decent perk....

as for wooden type only... it's only 2nd best resource, not many tools have wooden type; additionally..

main part is... characters with well developed skills in smithing... should now MOVE TO MAGRANON as faith, there's NO OTHER OPTION

great "class-less" change........... well thought, thanks for the freedom of picking a faith with this

unless I want to be only a carpenter...(while following vynora) I HAVE TO MOVE TO MAGRANON.. to do smithing.. well.. don't I ?

"great forced play"

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

AND traders are cut off at the knees for the most part, which I consider one of the smartest moves in the history of Code Club.  I'd rather see them all executed and buried for good, but at 20%, nobody will fork out cash for them, unless the price is in the 10s range.  I suppose for those that do 500x500 deeds, it is a no brainier to get one, but only those that do very large deeds will invest.

This is good.  We don't need a bunch of CPU/RAM hogging NPCs cluttering the servers.

Suggestion:  Rather than make an extra up front purchase, to lower deed upkeep over time, why not just make deed upkeep on progressively larger deeds at a cheaper rate?  Volume discounting is a thing and has worked successfully for centuries.  What you are doing is teasing us into blowing our cash up front for a hope of recouping that investment over the next couple years.

1. Okay, so what will happen to the traders on deed after the patch, when the deed gets disbanded?? 2 major issues i see here is when the deed disbands missing the upkeep and when you disband the deed to re-deed same place. also on pvp servers the deed can disband getting a drain. So in all those cases we would be required to buy a new trader with every new deed as im assuming the trader would just got poof with the deed. can you make it so the traders can be placed and picked up like merchants then?

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

main part is... characters with well developed skills in smithing... should now MOVE TO MAGRANON as faith, there's NO OTHER OPTION

hello min maxer, you should consider stopping being a minmaxer

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

As someone who wishes there was a classic-server where we had scrap iron and 30 minutes to heat up a forge again, I have to say that hearing there are items that not only cannot fail upon crafting attempt but don't even go 1QL when they fail is making me almost glad WU support ended and we won't get this.

Why not just make these few items a bit easier in terms of base difficulty, which as I understand in WO will mean their skillgain goes down but hey-ho it's very basic items anyway. by the time a newbie is making bricks for a forge, they should be learning to deal with the natural process of failure rates anyway imo. They're going to make a house, a forge, a cart, and then try to make one complicated thing and think "jeez what is this failure stuff".

This kind of overly-casual rebalance isn't going to help bring back players, and I think it's just setting new players up for their first failure-spam to hurt harder because they'll hit it unexpectedly once they get past these basic materials.

Edited by paterso
  • Like 2

While i always hated how i kept failing with shafts, planks and alike at the start, it had a charm to it and made the start a bit more difficult, but not so much. It made me want to get higher quality tools so i'd fail less. 

Instead of increasing the creation % for certain items, you just flat out make them 100%... Now there is literally no incentive to go for higher quality tools, just dump a really high woa on a low quality tool and bam. The quality change is worthless, and skills barely affect creation timers.

90% of those items don't even need a flat out 100% creation rate, as they are hardly used en masse by newbies. I mean hunting arrow heads? Really? Archery is nothing but a joke in PvE, and only scarcely used in end game PvP,  making those heads 100% will solve nothing. 

Planks, shafts and stone bricks are the only ones that should have had their creation % increased, but not to a guaranteed 100%. 

I can see the desperate attempt at trying to make the game more "newbie" friendly. It's jut going to confuse them more when they see some items at 100%  but others at a very low %

Edited by atazs
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

My deed is 10s94c a month. So my benefit if I were to buy one would be about 2s20c per month. At 50s cost that would only take me 20 months to recoup. Nope. Not buying one for my big deed. My smaller deed at 3s50c mo already has one. Never gonna recoup that purchase (it's only a year old, and I've drained a whopping 4s from it)

So when Enki opens the transfer window you have your Trader moved to your larger deed and start saving 2s20c per month instead of the 70c per month that you're currently saving. I know some people only want to focus on the negatives, but it's not all bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyesgood said:

PLEASE add Mortar to the no-fail list.

And the concrete please! :)