Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Magranon priest plan tunnel ability

Hi! :)

L.E. Make Stone Strike also increase the reach of your mining action so that people could mine higher ceiling inside a mine without having to build a temp structure and mining from standing on it.

Was wondering if the Mag priest could get an ability to plan a mine tunnel similar to how you would plan a house on the surface but use his mining skill instead of carpentry to calculate how many tiles can be planned to tunnel?

That would mean an ability to see thru the solid rock or ore tiles in order to be able to plan the tunnel squares.

Could make it so that if a vein other than rock is in the path of the tunnel could also be marked as a planned tunnel tile and when being mined later on could not give any ore or have just 100 ores on it.

Could make it that in order to plan a tunnel the magranon priest would need high prospecting skill aswell so when they see the veins is not just because of high mining skill.

Should make it so the tunnel would be a minimun of tiles so that people won't just plan a 1 tile tunnel in order to quickly remove inconvenient non rock veins.

If  it would be too strong then just let the tunnel planning include non rock veins too but they would just keep their current characteristics and would just have to be dealt with  like we always did.

This would enable people to plan tunnels  choosing a path that goes around pesky veins or a path that has very few of them while providing a stronger reason to have a Magranon priest around.

There will still be a need to figure out how to plan tunnel tiles going on a slope up or down (maybe use the plan stairs code somewhow) and how to prevent people from just opening 1 tile then using the plan tunnel ability to survey the entire rest of the mountain for vein types they are looking for but i guess that could be fixed by just telling them there is a vein but no what type and quality of vein it is.

So to recap people having a Magranon priest with high mining and high prospecting could cast a spell that enables them to plan a tunnel then proceed to mark the tiles placing the squares like in planning a building then click finalize tunnel and then activate the pickaxe and have another option in Mining menu that is called: Build Tunnel so then they could just keybind that and just mine straight up or down acording to the tunnel plan for each tile.

Could make it even better and after you finish mining the tunnel tiles out could use a mallet or a hammer and having support beams  mats in inventory could have the ability to reinforce a tile part of the tunnel while using just 70% of the mats used to make a support beam.

If this would make Strongwall less usefull then could make it so that this ability could only be used on tiles with no wall borders so could practically be used to reinforce floor tiles faster but not  making the existing mechanics to reinforce mine walls absolete as you would still need to make a full support beam or cast Strongwall on them.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

I like the idea of some way to 'plan' tunnels or underground spaces.  Not sure it needs to be priests only, but my Mag priest would get his prospecting up if he had to. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beretel said:

I like the idea of some way to 'plan' tunnels or underground spaces.  Not sure it needs to be priests only, but my Mag priest would get his prospecting up if he had to. ;)

Yeah considering the ammount of dev hours this would probably take to implement it would make sense to be available to everybody since it could be a nice QoL improvement for all.

But then again, because it would be something that everyone will want, by giving it just to Mag would motivate more  people to make and value more a Mag priest.

Then one could stat seeing crazy things like Mass Stamina at rifts and such:)

They should also make Stone Strike also increase the reach of your mining action so that people could mine higher ceiling inside a mine without having to build a temp structure and mining from standing on it.

Because not everybody likes or wants to surface mine (maybe more will with this new spell) but everybody loves their cave to be nice and tall to have the epic feeling instead of the claustrophobic one :)

Edited by Cipacadrinho