Sign in to follow this  
Soleil

Less TROLLS more GOBLINS

Horribly explained gonna reformat later

This is something that has always been on my mind.

Trolls should be at least a bit more uncommon, and goblins  should be common! 

I feel like it should be a big deal when you see a troll. Especially for people that can't fight them.

Make goblin huts spawn more often!

Imagine having to fight back some goblins, to finally get to their hut in the woods and destroy it.

VS

Getting 1 or 2 shot by a troll and respawning with your friends trying to lure it away or have guards kill it for you etc etc

Which sounds like a better starting experience?

Just a lil idea, please share your opinion on this, I want to hear!

:^)

Edited by Soleil
  • Like 1

Maybe.

Or perhaps give a better mechanic for dealing with lairs (bashing takes forever). Maybe have step 1 spawn a group of the mob, then once those are killed. The next action on the lair spawns a champ or something and clears it out. That might help allow some friendly neighbors to come by and help clear out a problem lair. 

54 minutes ago, Soleil said:

Imagine having to fight back some goblins, to finally get to their hut in the woods and destroy it.

VS

Getting 1 or 2 shot by a troll and respawning with your friends trying to lure it away or have guards kill it for you etc etc

What about getting some fighting skills up? That you die from a troll is nobodies business but yourselves. As a matter of fact i would say there should be more trolls than now as having to kill crap mobs for no gains that chase you every time is annoying.

• Like 2

When I first started playing Wurm,  trolls were terrifying to me as I would have been able to die in about 2 decent blows. It may well be that you have a couple of troll mounds nearby and you have simply been unlucky. Other folks who may yearn for Trolls may be 'stuck' with lions and bears which give little experience to a decent fighter and for those people, that is also unlucky.

I still avoid Trolls but have used them as a sort of marker of how much my fighting skills have improved- maybe you could do that? There are many more experienced players than me who would love to see MORE Trolls including the green variety and that in effect is the difficult balancing act that the development team have to juggle with.

I have noticed an increase in the number of Goblins where I live- maybe there has been some sort of change in the likelihood of them spawning , I am not sure.

You could of course use your guard-tower where you could lead any troll to its demise- or you could do what I still do and run away preferably on a fast horse!

Basically, I suppose I am saying that I simply take what I am given in Wurm and try to sort it out in the most positive way so I am neutral on your suggestion.

• Like 1

why not just merge humanoid spawns together.. and let it be rng to spawn any of them?..

you'll have 'even' or self-healing numbers and some variation of the spawns.. that make it more interesting to kill the odd ones you do not want to see as often... making new ones spawn....

aye / nay?

I would like to see more of a warning for all players that a troll is near, maybe some sounds that change as they get nearer. This would be nice both for players trying to avoid them and those out seeking them. 

Edited by armyskin
Autocorrect fail
  • Like 1

As for troll kills.. you need ~60-70/+ fighting skill.. some weapon preferably.. ql70-80 at least unless you love to torture trolls with 1000 cuts...

Using guards to help you kill something strips ~90% of the fighting skill you could have else gotten if you didn't ask for help.. think about that next time you fight something which you could kill alone

At 60FS you should be able to kill a troll alone.. with a random weapon(have in mind.. you'll need a mount to safely retreat to sponge yourself with cotton probably... but could 1 v 1 a troll on your own with 1 or 2 fights with it.. with a break inbetween to heal yourself.. (HIGHER ql weapon/+enchants/ and higher ql armor or better type.. will greatly improve your survivability and the speed at which you can get more FS skill)

To make it easier for newer players why not create a safe zone of sorts outside of the starting towns. Make it like 200 tiles or so where certain hostile creatures can not spawn. This would create a good safety buffer for the players that are just starting out. You can then have a message that says when you are leaving / entering said buffer. Just like how you enter a deed. 

33 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

What about getting some fighting skills up? That you die from a troll is nobodies business but yourselves. As a matter of fact i would say there should be more trolls than now as having to kill crap mobs for no gains that chase you every time is annoying.

This isn't about me, I have 70fs trolls aren't a problem

Actually, If I HAD low fight skill more goblins would mean i'd actually be able to get my skill up!

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

As for troll kills.. you need ~60-70/+ fighting skill.. some weapon preferably.. ql70-80 at least unless you love to torture trolls with 1000 cuts...

Using guards to help you kill something strips ~90% of the fighting skill you could have else gotten if you didn't ask for help.. think about that next time you fight something which you could kill alone

At 60FS you should be able to kill a troll alone.. with a random weapon(have in mind.. you'll need a mount to safely retreat to sponge yourself with cotton probably... but could 1 v 1 a troll on your own with 1 or 2 fights with it.. with a break inbetween to heal yourself.. (HIGHER ql weapon/+enchants/ and higher ql armor or better type.. will greatly improve your survivability and the speed at which you can get more FS skill)

No, you dont. Blunt ppl think "oh i need 70fs and an end gear to kill a troll, they are annoying"... All you need is a mediocre longbow, train your archery on an archery target till its maxed at 40 archery and 30 longbow skill, make yourself some 30-40 ql arrows, that are easy to do and wuolia!.. pew pew all the troll from a safe distance. mega boost your fighting skill in no time, your body control and archery. little you know you can go head on head with a troll at ease. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

That's BS, i can kill a troll with just good rare LT weapon and decent gear with an alt, maybe 10-20 FS also same for the weapon skill. Sure higher stats and shinier armor helps, but isn't needed if you are fighting troll 1vs1 and know what you are doing.

I on the other hand would love to see more of greenish trolls or nogump's roaming around the areas. or something new and strong that only hunts players with 80+ fighting skill? when its close by you get a warning. "You sense a evil presence" for when its 50 tiles? and 25 tiles "You have been spotted by Warmonger??? or whatever and the hunt is on"

Sure goblin hut gang sounds nice for noobs that you could slay.. but .... a noob cant fight multiple enemies at the same time alone.... and why you want to destroy the hut? it spawns more goblins.. that means more fighting skill.

Go out of your comfy carebear buble and ask for friendly neighbourhood slayers to help to cleanse that devils nest. Toss a coin while at it.... or just relocate to safer pastures or hug a guard tower like i did when i first started.

@Themystrixnot bs.. read the last line's (TEXT), says what you're explaining 😏

@op nubs can hunt bears/wolves/spiders/and such... no need to nerf the game for them.... that's the whole point of having a good weapon/armor/enchants and guard towers/deed-guards or friends to help and bother for help until your skill and gear gets better..

worst thing a nub can meet in the wild is a hound or troll... or trying to kill some of the champ mission mobs...

goblins bring nothing to the game.. just more skulls and recipes.. they are all common now... devs should have considered adding 1-2 new ones every season or at least do it bi-yearly(actually more common) with the 2x journal goals to collect 500 recipes in your book.; we could settle on 1-2 seasonal recipes that vary throughout a wurm year.. to keep things a bit more interesting... with their drops butttt that's probably material for another suggestion(I'm not going to start)

• Like 1

The best piece of equipment for fighting trolls is a horse. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Finnn said:

@Themystrixnot bs.. read the last line's (TEXT), says what you're explaining 😏

90% of it, is bs, you don't need 60fs to be able to kill troll or 70 weapon skill in order to kill a troll.

Sure you will need 90fs and 90weapon skill etc if you try to kill the thing with 50ql newbie sword and crappy gear, but it all comes down to choices. You choose to need/want better skill rather than better gear. 70ql steel chain set + shield + 80ql weapon with good nimble and LT + monster demise will do the trick just fine even with lower skills and those doesn't cost that much nowadays to get, but does a newbie understand to get those? i highly doubt that.

Easiest thing to get is a horse and that is most valuable asset you can get like kelody just said.

but i'm open to more variations to bring life to the hunting part of the game, mini-games for example, but this isn't it.... recipes add nothing to the game.. you only need full house pizza and you are done, other recipes are waste of time and effort... the whole update was a joke.

Edited by Themystrix

ok try making a new character, make your own armor and weapon and try to kill a troll alone(no guards or tamed creatures to sponge damage for you)..

see how high you need to get on skills and gear to kill a troll(and do it consistently)..

see if your claim or mine is closer to the truth; consider enchants/high-er ql armor/weapon from your main/market/friend as a cheat card for this test

#notbs

--edit

I'm not writing random stuff.. it's from experience.. 

Edited by Finnn

18 hours ago, Finnn said:

ok try making a new character, make your own armor and weapon and try to kill a troll alone(no guards or tamed creatures to sponge damage for you)..

see how high you need to get on skills and gear to kill a troll(and do it consistently)..

see if your claim or mine is closer to the truth; consider enchants/high-er ql armor/weapon from your main/market/friend as a cheat card for this test

#notbs

--edit

I'm not writing random stuff.. it's from experience.. 

Then again, you choose that yourself. Im done ty, bye.