Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Anti-WoA spell

So, let's so the standard test: Imagine you are in a bar with a friend who does not know Wurm. You are trying to explain the appeal of the game.

Does your conversation come even close to mentioning that new spell that lets everything go slower? No? Why not?

The fact that stamina plays such a counter-intuitive role in skill gain is a thing that needs to be fixed, rather than expanded on. If such a convoluted meta-spell were ever implemented, it's a sure sign the developers have completely lost the plot.

We need DBZ style training weights that slow us down a percentage depending on the characters body strength.

an interesting idea but needs more fleshing out, inevitably this will end up as a meta practice, but i do see some good use cases for this, particularly for skills or actions that rely or hard to get or sensitive resources.

+0.5

I'm still in favor of a simple command like so:   /setmaxstamina 20

This is because magic doesn't feel right for something you could easily choose to do. 

But what if a spell made it so you could go much slower than normal? in some cases frozen wounds won't let you hit 30 sec timers. I can start a chop up action at 10% stamina with a 1ql non-speed-buff hatchet and action time is 15 sec. It's simply not possible for me to get to 30 seconds.

I could get behind this spell idea if it did two things:

1.  Extend the max action time to 60 seconds. There is a 30 second action time cap for skill tick size.

2. Applies simple scaling math to let us go significantly slower. If my longest action time is 15 seconds at 10% stamina, then I need 4 times slower for 60 seconds.  The scaling metric could be say   power / 25  = action time multiplier. 100 power / 25 is 4.  This would let me hit 60 second action times.

also... It would be nice to change the sweet spot improve mechanics so it doubles the gain. NOT doubles the action time.