Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Steam pvp server with no landmass

44 minutes ago, Flubb said:

Except people in the thread are all actively disagreeing with the post, it's not just the lack of "likes". The "collective that agrees with him" is in no way imaginary, however small it is.

But you ignore any dissent or even jsut reasonable objections and deflect and devolve any disagreement into personal attacks, many of which are pure projection. (Nobody speaks and probably even thinks about social media platform dynamics or "validation of a person", jesus christ man, those are your words, not anyone else's.)

Example of the first one:

Whereafter you post, without mention of said effect on the "normal servers":

I dislike dogpiling on a person for putting their ideas out, but Vomusu is right, you are deluding yourself. It's not a matter of what the ideas are, but the intellectually dishonest and conceited way you push them.

But go ahead and make up some narrative about why I say this with some ulterior motive other than honestly assessing your disingenuous rhetoric, ignoring most of my criticism that I try to make as constructive as possible, just to have it taken as a personal attack that must be deflected with further sophistry instead.

Unless i can print yours and Vomusu's posts then present them to a judge in real life that will then grant me legal parking on handicaped spots based on them then your opinion is and always will be useless to me.

You both go offtopic and interpret my posts the way you feel like then acuse me of doing the same since you cannot fathom people thinking diferently than you.

This is a sugestion thread for the devs.

58 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Unless i can print yours and Vomusu's posts then present them to a judge in real life that will then grant me legal parking on handicaped spots based on them then your opinion is and always will be useless to me.

You both go offtopic and interpret my posts the way you feel like then acuse me of doing the same since you cannot fathom people thinking diferently than you.

This is a sugestion thread for the devs.

Taking it as a personal attack (implication of being called retarded) 

✓Ignoring most of the post (Addressed nothing of it) 

Ascribing ulterior motive

False pretense like you haven't indulged into offtopic remarks yourself (This string in the convo spawned primarily from you mentioning that Vomusu is allegedly alone with his opinion, based on a petty misunderstanding of his use of "nobody" obviously meaning in a facetious way that there's not enough appeal for this to make it worthwhile.)

The prophecy is true.

4 hours ago, Flubb said:

Taking it as a personal attack (implication of being called retarded) 

✓Ignoring most of the post (Addressed nothing of it) 

Ascribing ulterior motive

False pretense like you haven't indulged into offtopic remarks yourself (This string in the convo spawned primarily from you mentioning that Vomusu is allegedly alone with his opinion, based on a petty misunderstanding of his use of "nobody" obviously meaning in a facetious way that there's not enough appeal for this to make it worthwhile.)

The prophecy is true.

So he implies that my suggestion is bad because i did not get any likes?

Then i am reaching when presuming that someone having an opinion that is not shared by the majority could  feel like they should not share it to fit in or a young mind would think there is something wrong with them for not thinking like the others?

Then both of you think you are in the right since you play Wurm and don't agree with my opinion so then the wurm comunity won't like it either? Do you have any ideea how many people i talked to in the game about forum suggestions and they just shrug when they hear about even loging in on the forums? I bet you do know.

But still think that if you dont like a suggestion then the majority of the players would not either? When not even 10% of the populations even log on forums nevermind post?

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit

It's funny how I am both going offtopic and somehow still "mad" or whatever about the suggestion itself. It's just funny and, in a way I perversely enjoy, frustrating how easy it is to point out these inconsistencies.

For example, just now you're flip flopping between "The community might like it!", but when parts of the community tell you they don't, you go to "Well it's a suggestion for devs only anyway, your individual opinion doesn't matter", revealing a glaring double standard where this could be turned right against you to say that yours doesn't matter then either. To prove a point what a bad take that is and obviously a petty, self-serving deflection against disagreement.

You're clearly trying to cherry pick favorable opinions. This is the mark of someone who cannot handle disagreement. That's where I see the projection when you accuse me of the same, but the fact of the matter is that your thinking is very transparent to me, and it's just fun to lay it bare. If you can't handle that - and you clearly cannot, going for mediocre low blows in an attempt to be nothing but hurtful -, you have no business on open platforms meant for discussion.

• Like 1

Why are you so fixated on that thing i said about likes? Like it or not but that is a good indicator if your idea is liked by the community or not. Good suggestions get lots of likes,  thats just how it is.  Anyway,  your thread has over 400 views yet nobody agrees with you. Im not saying your suggestion is bad because it didnt get any likes. I pretty much didnt even mention your suggestion other than one sentence,  the thing that i was quoting was your stance on rmt players and the fact that you pretty much said 'pvpers shouldnt get what they want because they already have chaos and epic'. Theres countless threads with people wanting a fresh pvp server with a new set of rules but you dismiss that because 'in your opinion'  this idea would be better. This in my opinion (and a lot of people that i talked with) is not the problem with pvp,  and none of my friends that i showed this thread to felt like its a good idea. If you're really interested in what the community thinks about pvp and its problems, just read the forums -  a lot was said and suggested about that. So if you relly want your suggestion to be taken seriously, let people say what they think and stop with the personal attacks just because somebody has a different opinion than you do. 

1 hour ago, Flubb said:

For example, just now you're flip flopping between "The community might like it!", but when parts of the community tell you they don't, you go to "Well it's a suggestion for devs only anyway, your individual opinion doesn't matter", revealing a glaring double standard where this could be turned right against you to say that yours doesn't matter then either. To prove a point what a bad take that is and obviously a petty, self-serving deflection against disagreement.

I said community might like it but since the comunity is not representative on the forum we cannot know while you claimed comunity does not like it because 2 people that read the thread don't.

You said yourself on many ocasions you dont even play the game anymore but have no problem login on forums, not coming out with any sugestions of your own on how the game could be improved to maybe make  you play again but instead offtopic on other people's suggestions.. calling them crazy while claiming you are the voice of the community then 2-3 posts later claiming the victim role. 

Meanwhile the topic of the thread has not been discussed in ages but what do you care you just need company/conversation.

50 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Why are you so fixated on that thing i said about likes? Like it or not but that is a good indicator if your idea is liked by the community or not. Good suggestions get lots of likes,  thats just how it is.  Anyway,  your thread has over 400 views yet nobody agrees with you. Im not saying your suggestion is bad because it didnt get any likes. I pretty much didnt even mention your suggestion other than one sentence,  the thing that i was quoting was your stance on rmt players and the fact that you pretty much said 'pvpers shouldnt get what they want because they already have chaos and epic'. Theres countless threads with people wanting a fresh pvp server with a new set of rules but you dismiss that because 'in your opinion'  this idea would be better. This in my opinion (and a lot of people that i talked with) is not the problem with pvp,  and none of my friends that i showed this thread to felt like its a good idea. If you're really interested in what the community thinks about pvp and its problems, just read the forums -  a lot was said and suggested about that. So if you relly want your suggestion to be taken seriously, let people say what they think and stop with the personal attacks just because somebody has a different opinion than you do. 

I am not fixated. Flubb said i was reaching and i had to explain myself.

About the pvp thing i feel like doing a 3rd iteration of the same thing when the previous 2 failed miserably is wrong.

Sure you can say: but that is why a new map on a new server without traveling from old ones will bring balance to pvp since there wont be any of the heavy grinded toons around..

Correct but for how long? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? then there will be heavy grinded toons that one shot newbs and the same issue as on Epic or Chaos will ensue.

So balancing pvp for the short term in an mmo is faulty design in my opinion.

Having a map where the whole comunity could be sucked in to create it while having to pvp to keep the fruits of their labor might expose a higher percentage of players to the pvp and create connections and comunity that will include a pvp aspect not just pve and 20-30 ppl in pvp.

Adding a  revanchism mechanic that will buff a lowe skilled toon after getting killer by a much stronger one could help keep a balanced/close fight pvp environment without punishing the hard grinders for they work.

What i mean is if a toon is killed by a much stronger one then said toon will get a buff in stats and damage versus that guy and after he gets killed 4-5 times by the same toon then the buff would be strong enough to enable the lower skill to actually have a real chance of killing that stronger toon.

The buff could also have a less dropped item or no skill loss if it has 4-5 stacks already when daying to same ganker.

This could also mean that people will not stress as much to keep grind grind in order to stay relevant in pvp and could take it easier and not be as stressed knowing that in the worse case scenario they will eventually get some revanchism and down the much grinded toon.

Obviously they should put some generous thresholds on getting the buff like if you have atleast 20 fs less or body str stam.. so the very high end fights could be pure stats vs stats but allowing the more casual players to participate and do some real damage on ocasion.

This is obviously is not anywhere near perfect solution but is better than releasing a server 100% balanced for 6 months then the grind gaps will show and most of the ppl will not care for pvp anyways so end up with a low pop that will stop playing.

Like it already hapened 2 times already :)

You said the pvp comunity would not like having to create their own land mass on a pvp server and would rather have one that has that already which made me point out that if they like that then they can pvp on Epic or Chaos since those maps already provide that.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

52 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Anyway,  your thread has over 400 views yet nobody agrees with you. Im not saying your suggestion is bad because it didnt get any likes

Okay you both seem to keep talking about likes view and such so let me try for the 10th time to clear this issue:

First rule of commenting, this isn't a voting system. +1 does nothing, we do not tally up votes of pluses or minuses to weigh out ideas, it means nothing to us and distracts from the discussion. 

What we do look for is meaningful contribution, if you want to say you like an idea, like the main post, if you have thoughts, feelings, concerns, voices telling you things about it feel free to post those. A paragraph about why someone feels something may not be good for the game beats a million +1's because none of those explain why someone feels it would be good for the game or their play. 

The comments section should be for discussion about something, pros and cons, if you feel something won't be good for your play say so! We see a few "+1 but only if I can turn it off" which means "I don't actually want to use this and thus I have no reason to support it" if you say "this isn't something I would use because x" means we get a better idea of why people might not want to use it. 

Your tone now suggests your first post wasn't an attempt at bad humor but rather is an idea that you want for some reason implemented.

I'm confused. 

• Cat 1

40 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

Your tone now suggests your first post wasn't an attempt at bad humor but rather is an idea that you want for some reason implemented.

I'm confused. 

Great.

After dealing with the self appointed spokepersons of the pvp comunity Wurm at large community and whatever other titles they hold but  chose not to disclose them to me for the time being now i get another prodigy that can sense tone in written text.

Looking forward for next one i hope his talent will be swallowing flaming swords or some other similar cool trait.

9 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

I said community might like it but since the comunity is not representative on the forum we cannot know while you claimed comunity does not like it because 2 people that read the thread don't.

54 minutes ago, Flubb said:

when parts of the community tell you they don't,

The point was that you have a warped sense of what "community representation" is and how honestly you engage with said community. 95% of Wurm PvP players may like the idea for all we know. It's like people who say they are pro democracy - until they meet someone who would vote differently, then we quickly need to defer to other instances and authorities to keep that in check.

And it's evidently not just 2 people not liking it. Just two who are suckers for punishment enough to entertain your ramblings for this long.

22 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

You said yourself on many ocasions you dont even play the game anymore but have no problem login on forums, not coming out with any sugestions of your own on how the game could be improved to maybe make  you play again but instead offtopic on other people's suggestions..

1 hour ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Then both of you think you are in the right since you play Wurm and don't agree with my opinion so then the wurm comunity won't like it either

So it's a fallacy for "us" (though you knew I don't actually play at the moment) to think us playing makes our opinions more valid (which would make no sense for us to think like that because you're playing aswell.)

But at the same time mine seems to be less valid for not playing.

Unless this is just another meaningless jab at me that means nothing in the end. Seems pretty hypocritical either way.

25 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

calling them crazy while claiming you are the voice of the community then 2-3 posts later claiming the victim role.

If saying someone is arguing emotionally and an intellectually dishonest fashion is calling someone crazy, you're correct. I disagree though. I don't think you're mentally ill. Merely of weak character.

Second part is wholly unsubstantiated. You're conflating my position with Vomusu's. And even so, they are merely offering some observations about the engagement this thread receives and deduces a general sentiment from it. What are you trying to achieve with this hyperbole? If you want to appeal so much to the unaccounted masses, shouldn't every insight count for something without treating it as an "all or nothing" based on a facetious and inaccurate formulation that was given way too much meaning?

Look at it this way, devs need to decide on their own discretion wether a suggestion is worthwhile, but at the same time the community sentiment should be considered. That's what I get from the things you said. (Others might like it + this suggestion is for the devs).

How do you aim to consolidate these two principles, where are devs supposed to consider community sentiment if not the forum (and whoever they are privately in contact with who also play the game.)? Unrepresentative as it is, I get what you mean, really, but it's kind of the best we have when it comes to public feedback? Everything beyond it is just hollow speculation.

I don't even know what you mean by "claiming the victim role". To what end even? Because I assess that you're trying to be hurtful (emphasis: trying), which is way more derailing, counterproductive and disqualifying to your precious "discussion" than any allegation you level at me? Coming from the self-perceived underdog who "predicts" being shamed for their "innovative ideas" before barely anyone even answers. Lel.

Flubb said i was reaching and i had to explain myself.

Oh? I recall you concluding that "you must be reaching then" quoting a post making a vague reference to the "ad populi" BS around 3 corners, which I did to make an entirely different point. I honestly didn't have the sentiment you deduced there in mind at any point, my contention was just tangentially related and I already laid it out above.

Not gonna lie i dont even read what Flubb types anymore am willing to bet not one word is about the  topic of the thread or Wurm is all about what he feels and what he thinks about random stuff. Should join a book club.

If anyone thinks this is disrespectfull then tell me what you think about him forcing me and others to read his nonsense in a thread that is specificaly about something else.

After dealing with the self appointed spokepersons of the pvp comunity Wurm at large community and whatever other titles they hold but  chose not to disclose them to me for the time being now i get another prodigy that can sense tone in written text.

dont get so upset bruh

you post your joke (or idea, doesnt matter) you get the discussion

" if you have thoughts, feelings, concerns, voices telling you things about it feel free to post those"

maxresdefault.jpg

"hmm actually"

36635722-businessman-plugging-ears-with-

• Cat 1

14 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

" if you have thoughts, feelings, concerns, voices telling you things about it feel free to post those"

maxresdefault.jpg

"hmm actually"

36635722-businessman-plugging-ears-with-

This message was sponsored by the Pay To Win Association of Wurm PvP :) 

2 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

This message was sponsored by the Pay To Win Association of Wurm PvP :) 

>nags pay 2 win

> suggests that its too time consuming to win against buying accounts

> suggests spending 3 years making dirt land in an ocean of despair

you serious bruh, cause you dont seem serious

4 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

>nags pay 2 win

> suggests that its too time consuming to win against buying accounts

> suggests spending 3 years making dirt land in an ocean of despair

you serious bruh, cause you dont seem serious

Can dish out the jokes but can't take  them :)

Just quick buy a forum moderator account before rmt is out :)

Just for the record this isn't happening. 

Didn't think I'd need to clarify that 

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Just for the record this isn't happening. 

Didn't think I'd need to clarify that 

pls do surface mining thing instead