Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Steam pvp server with no landmass

Hi!

What if they release a xanadu sized steam pve servers and then people can make PMK's there and wait for it:

Sail to a full water server with like 10-20 depth/slope and bring dirt from the pve server and form their own land mass on this PVP steam server then if they raid another kingdom's server and win they could gain a rod to make a mountain on their server.

This way people could pvp create the map 100% and have the safety of a pve server to hoard their rare clay.

Except that PVE maps would look like an ugly dig site, which i guess would be so unpopular that its not worth it in any way.

• Like 1

why not make it all super high mountain instead so people would come with pickaxes from pve and then surface mine for 5 years and then may be pvp

• Like 2

Look guys Wurm is not a true sandbox because people cannot create their own maps.

Creating a server like that will finally provide people with that ability: to create and shape own maps not just puny pve deeds and carebear highways and allow Wurm to be actual full sandbox.

It will also create a massive project to undertake for the PMK's being created.

And they could make it so that you always own the land your kingdom makes and the others would have to make a tower on it and last for like 24h before it switches ownership and stuff like that.

If they create a map ppl will just mine up the highest mountains then make deeds there and sit and spam on forums how the others are hiding inside deeds when they go around to pick a fight.

This way people will have own PMK in the steam pve area and when they are iching for a fight can go join the massive struggle to create and control land on the pvp server.

And once the server gets filled with land made 100% by players then can introduce new mechanics with taht server.

The only issue i see with it is that if you drop just dirt then you will have no rock layer unless you win some battles and win an item to create a mountain.

So could make it that when you create a mountain then it will automatically create a 2-3 above water slope of rock lair 100 tiles around it or make it so ppl could drop cement or an easier to make mix of rock shards and lye to create rock layer too before dropping dirt.

And as the home of the PMK's will be the steam pve server, in theory, there could be alot of these being created without the danger of losing their capital so if each of them starts making a small island and grow it and as they get close to one another they could fight over each other's island then the winner will want to connect the two while the loser will have to start another  you could have the continents form naturally while having navigable channels all over the place reminiscent of the once full waterworld.

People could hire others to bring dirt or to defent their islands... it could be glorious.

What other MMO out there lets people create own map with an actual shovel in their hand?

Why is Wurm affraid to inovate anymore? I am willing to bet back when Rolf and Notch were talking about making a tile based full teraforming MMO game many people told them that was the dumbest thing they  ever heard.

What hapened 15y later that even the Wurm players think out of the box ideeas that widen the borders of the sandbox are laughable?

Could also make it that Fo Cast Dirt would make a dirt tile from the water to the level of the tile you were standing on

Add a spell to Magranon called Cast Stone that would make a rock tile from the water to the level you were standing (or modify Strongwall to do that too) and then literally not even need the pvp item to create the mountains.

This effect should only be available on pvp servers tho to prevent ppl making themselves stone or dirt bridges thru water on pve servers.

If it would be too strong compared to the speed of teraforming from non priest toons then could use the Disintegrate code in reverse and add dirt or rock based on power of the cast then use the tile transmutation code to make the tile spawn when it reaches 100.

Ofcourse then you would have to give Libila a spell called: Uninstall Wurm because WL have too much ###### already and Mag should be BL and Lib should have 10% xp like Vynora :)

Edited by Cipacadrinho

41 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Look guys Wurm is not a true sandbox because people cannot create their own maps.

what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Stop stealing my April fools ideas 

Announce that Chaos will be a BR like Fortnite.

And Steam pvp server will be like Sea of Thieves.

:)

PVP is fun I play it on Gloria Victis, sure i suck at it, but my guild supplies me with what I need and my bow helps get kills now and then that can loot. WURM to me is almost DEAD. The DEVS wont listen anymore so why bother.

I want all my stuff to be taken away and attacked. I don't want the PvE server connected to the PvE server at all.
The map we had for Elevation recently was excellent, and I had a lot of fun with it until I bumped into the shortcomings of PvP once again.

18 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

It's also not a true sandbox because we don't have noclip, we have action timers on things we need to create instead of being able to just spawn them. If you're looking for a true sandbox, Minecraft creative mode and whathaveyou is more up your alley.

The idea itself sounds fun with having megaprojects in mind, but I'd wager the people who want to PvP won't care for the rather long windup of essentially not PvP'ing and just exploiting another server for the resources to get it started at all, if they could just go onto a server with an existing map and not jump such hoops. Or start up a different game that actually let's them play without such obstacles in the way.

Sounds more like a PvE server idea, but we can't even get a hunting server...😶

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flubb said:

The idea itself sounds fun with having megaprojects in mind, but I'd wager the people who want to PvP won't care for the rather long windup of essentially not PvP'ing and just exploiting another server for the resources to get it started at all, if they could just go onto a server with an existing map and not jump such hoops. Or start up a different game that actually let's them play without such obstacles in the way.

Oh you mean the people that bought the accounts they pvp on and have not grinded 10% of the skills of those toons don't want to work in order to get to the loot part? Who needs them? Let them go pay to win in another game :)

Ofcourse there are people that grinded their toons that pvp on but they are in the minority and since they are not affraid to grind they might enojoy it.

And if there are people that like to pvp with an already existing map then i have great news for them: theres Chaos and the Epic cluster.

Why make the same thing with steam pvp server?!

14 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Oh you mean the people that bought the accounts they pvp on and have not grinded 10% of the skills of those toons don't want to work in order to get to the loot part? Who needs them? Let them go pay to win in another game :)

Ofcourse there are people that grinded their toons that pvp on but they are in the minority and since they are not affraid to grind they might enojoy it.

Not sure what's the goal of throwing assumptions around. Most players that I know grinded their characters from scratch, and a lot of them are old players who play pretty much since wurm launched. Yeah, there's a few people that bought accounts, so what? They put in the same amount of work as everyone else. Just because you bought an account you're not allowed to have fun? Seriously dude wtf.

"Who needs them"? We need them. We need players to pvp - without player's pvp is dead, just like chaos right now. Not everyone has time to grind a character, especially in a game that forces you to grind for months to be strong enough to be able to fight. Its not like wurm is a game with 300k players, and it never will be.

18 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

And if there are people that like to pvp with an already existing map then i have great news for them: theres Chaos and the Epic cluster.

Why make the same thing with steam pvp server?!

Current pvp servers are full of high end accounts and mechanics that force you to grind for months and spend a lot of money to be able to compete. The new server will provide a level playing field for everyone, including new players that want to check it out for the first time. Besides, nobody is asking for 'the same thing' - there's a lot of threads asking about meditation/sotg rework, removing/changing tomes, changing deed mechanics and more. Also, starting with a fresh account is just fun. Nobody wants to "create their own server" with 50 digging characters, not to mention that this map would look like ######.

32 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

"Who needs them"? We need them. We need players to pvp - without player's pvp is dead, just like chaos right now. Not everyone has time to grind a character, especially in a game that forces you to grind for months to be strong enough to be able to fight. Its not like wurm is a game with 300k players, and it never will be.

Or because they paid to win and bought strong characters they deter people with weaker accounts from trying pvp because they know they would have no chance and if they leave the game the pvp scene could actually start to grow.

Current pvp servers are full of high end accounts and mechanics that force you to grind for months and spend a lot of money to be able to compete. The new server will provide a level playing field for everyone, including new players that want to check it out for the first time. Besides, nobody is asking for 'the same thing' - there's a lot of threads asking about meditation/sotg rework, removing/changing tomes, changing deed mechanics and more. 

Also, starting with a fresh account is just fun. Nobody wants to "create their own server" with 50 digging characters, not to mention that this map would look like ######.

Your 2nd comment is the best answer to your 1st comment :)

Also, starting with a fresh account is just fun. Nobody wants to "create their own server" with 50 digging characters, not to mention that this map would look like ######.

I do, so is not nobody, is 1 person. Also you do not speak for everybody, You saying Nobody wants to X just because in your honest opinion doing X is bad is just validating your opinion by having an imaginary collective agree with you.

Also if you were to go down this path do you think people want to grind skills and body mind and soul stats for years just to be able to pvp?

Are you actually saying that making people have to build and grind a landmass from 0 is a bad ideea because is grindy? Man this is Wurm!.. hello!?

I am willing to bet 90% of Wurm players would not grind any skill if they did not have to.

So rather than having a map made then build a dirt wall in 1 week then sit behind it and grinding digging on a clay tile why not grind those stats while creating the land and fighting  for it?

In my opinion that is more fun because instead of grinding 1 month to have 2-3h of a chance of a battle that ends up never hapening then flaming eachother on the forums you could end up being in a constant fight never safe how a pvp server should feel.

You would be creating your own world while developing your char for pvp while actually having to pvp.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

32 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Not everyone has time to grind a character, especially in a game that forces you to grind for months to be strong enough to be able to fight. Its not like wurm is a game with 300k players, and it never will be.

That is not true the game allows you to go pvp from the 1st second you spawn on a pvp server what forces you to grind for months is these current pvp players that used rmt to pay and win so my ideea of brinding the grind to people that would pay rather than grind means they would go to other games, and since rmt will be removed, have those overpowered account go inactive with them which means new less grinded players could join a pvp server and have a chance.

Look Wurm is grind. If you cannot take it anymore take a break.

There is nowhere in the terms and conditions where is said: If you grinded for 10-15 years or spent 500 euros on a full pvp character you can then own Chaos or any other pvp server.

A 3rd iteration of the same thing hoping for a completely different result seems redundant to me.

Also i only have to convince the devs not the players:) People keep forgetting that.

So. To recap:

Rather than making a new server and have people build pmk's then hide behind the walls of their main deeds grinding stats (like they did two times already) why not give them a safe home for their PMK capital (the steam pve server) then have them organize a huge project where they would grind the skills and gather the mats needed to go venture in the pvp server and start building a home there from nothing.

People from steam will start with 1 skill right? So they will need to dig and mine and woodcut anyway? Why not have all their efforts sinked into a mega project? Even the pve only players could be engaged in the preparations and constant supply from the pve steam server while the battle would rage on 24/7 on the pvp server.

You think it would be hard to organise said huge project and have so many people work (they need to develop own skills anyway) towards the one goal?

Taht is ok.. even a smaller alliance of 5-10 people could start making their own island..heck even one person could if they feel like it... their chances would be low but is not impossible.

Also one of the most common answers when a new player asks how they could make some in-game cash is: well get hired to dig or mine or make planks and bricks.

But once the steam pve server is up and you have 90% of the people wanting to sell their diging and mining  time and just maybe 10% buying then the prices will be terrible and those sellers will not be able to sustain themselves and alot of them quit.

But if you have big alliances of experienced players that  will be fighting to create and control the pvp server then they would employ a ton of the pve newbies since the war machine will always need more stuff.

Heck i bet some of  the newbies wont even ask or care why they are willing to buy all their dirt and nails and planks as long as they could get some silver and prem their toon so they can have a small deed and a cow is gonna be fine.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

13 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Also i only have to convince the devs not the players:) People keep forgetting that.

And what a wonderful job you are doing, warranting responses from staff like this with your fever dreams ideas.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:29 PM, Retrograde said:

Stop stealing my April fools ideas 

Retro's job has nothing to do with game design lol

Also i am not so insecure as to require all my ideas or "feverish dreams" be met with extatic aproval from the whole rest of the  world and fall into deep depresion when obviously that does not happen.

I am having fun. I love Wurm. I will speak my mind.

If devs read this they might get inspired or even have a short break from the extensive offer of yet another: "Hi suggestion thread can i have .....uhm...ducks" that people that have even their forum icons full grey bring to the table :)

46 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

they paid to win and bought strong characters they deter people with weaker accounts from trying pvp because they know they would have no chance and if they leave the game the pvp scene could actually start to grow.

Dude, game is almost 15 years old - doesnt matter if you bought an account or grinded it, its full of high end accounts anyway and not enough new players to balance things out.

I do, so is not nobody, is 1 person. Also you do not speak for everybody, You saying Nobody wants to X just because in your honest opinion doing X is bad is just validating your opinion by having an imaginary collective agree with you.

Cool, if you want - feel free to download WU and do it. I'm not just speaking for myself but sure keep throwing assumptions around. Just because you don't see 50 posts disagreeing with you doesnt mean that everybody agrees. Your "ideas" have umm 0 likes, so i guess that speaks for itself.

That is not true the game allows you to go pvp from the 1st second you spawn on a pvp server what forces you to grind for months is these current pvp players that used rmt to pay and win

Sure thing buddy

Idk why i even bothered to post here lol, i'm not even gonna try to wrap my head around all the other wild ideas, I said what I wanted to say in my previous post. Keep living in your imaginary world.

6 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Idk why i even bothered to post here lol, i'm not even gonna try to wrap my head around all the other wild ideas, I said what I wanted to say in my previous post. Keep living in your imaginary world.

Is not even that original of an ideea.

There are fancy restaurants where you go and pay alot of money and then they bring you the ingredients and you have to cook your own food.

This is pretty much what Wurm provides for gaming instead of having standard assets like 90% of games you have standard parts of assets you have to gather create or combine to make own asset.

So you put up with it for decades and now when i suggest that the map should be player made aswell you go full emo and claim nobody agrees with me because i did not get any likes?! :)

You say i am living in a imaginary world but  you are the one confusing Wurm's forums with social media platforms :) Get well soon!

Also if by any chance there are children reading this forums:  No you don't need to get pixel thumbs up to feel validated as a person, those were only made to force middle aged men and women get plastic surgery :)

Except people in the thread are all actively disagreeing with the post, it's not just the lack of "likes". The "collective that agrees with him" is in no way imaginary, however small it is.

But you ignore any dissent or even jsut reasonable objections and deflect and devolve any disagreement into personal attacks, many of which are pure projection. (Nobody speaks and probably even thinks about social media platform dynamics or "validation of a person", jesus christ man, those are your words, not anyone else's.)

Example of the first one:

On 2/12/2020 at 12:18 PM, Nordlys said:

Except that PVE maps would look like an ugly dig site, which i guess would be so unpopular that its not worth it in any way.

Whereafter you post, without mention of said effect on the "normal servers":

On 2/12/2020 at 12:49 PM, Cipacadrinho said:

The only issue i see with it is that if you drop just dirt then you will have no rock layer unless you win some battles and win an item to create a mountain.

I dislike dogpiling on a person for putting their ideas out, but Vomusu is right, you are deluding yourself. It's not a matter of what the ideas are, but the intellectually dishonest and conceited way you push them.

But go ahead and make up some narrative about why I say this with some ulterior motive other than honestly assessing your disingenuous rhetoric, ignoring most of my criticism that I try to make as constructive as possible, just to have it taken as a personal attack that must be deflected with further sophistry instead.