Sign in to follow this  
Encrtia

Unable To Update/Install

Could I please get some help with playing the game from below?

Connection Error

Capture.PNG?dl=1

Can't log in, with the error message at the bottom being "Update failed! (Error: Error opening connection to patch server.)" If I tick "I agree to the EULA", the "Retry Update" button greys out.

Filler Information

Recently installed 64-Bit Windows 10 (fresh PC)

Locale England

News Screen (as above) is blank

Veteran Player

Attempts to Resolve/Debug

Spamming "Retry Update"

Ran as admin

Re-installed Java (64-bit)

Disable Windows Firewalls

Edited Hosts File with dated (2017 forum post) DNS IP, then removed

Used VPN to visit Germany/UK

Verified www.wurmonline.com is working

Waited 16 hours (will wait the full 48 hours recommended in one post eventually...)

Anything else I might be obviously missing as I continue to tinker?

Edited by Encrtia

Is there any official way to request technical support?

Eitherway, updated the above post to be more informative as this issue doesn't appear to be quickfix from the lack of response & past posts.

Edited by Encrtia

Looks like something on your end is blocking all connection attempts made by the launcher if even the "simple" html news page fails to load.

No other software running which might do this other than Windows Firewall, AVG, Avast, Comodo, etc?

Do you have another machine you could test with?

• Like 1

Same happens intermittently here for a few days on our w10 machine, it works after trying 2-3 times. No issues found yet on the other, Linux machine which is on the same subnet.

6 hours ago, Saroman said:

Looks like something on your end is blocking all connection attempts made by the launcher if even the "simple" html news page fails to load.

No other software running which might do this other than Windows Firewall, AVG, Avast, Comodo, etc?

Although I have no anti virus software installed yet, I'll have to see if there is anything blocking it as it makes sense. Should I find something (not too sure how beyond killing programs), I'll update here.

I have a laptop, but am sure that'll work. Will test in a bit.

Do you think port forwarding might help at all?

4 hours ago, Jaz said:

Same happens intermittently here for a few days on our w10 machine, it works after trying 2-3 times. No issues found yet on the other, Linux machine which is on the same subnet.

Unfortunately, I spammed it relentlessly yesterday to no effect.

Edited by Encrtia

7 hours ago, Saroman said:

I regret/rejoice to inform, that disabling Windows 10 Firewall somehow didn't disable the Windows 10 firewall. As I didn't have anything else capable of blocking Wurm Online, I manually added it to the Exceptions List (despite never being requested to add/block), &.. it worked..

My bad.

• Like 3

Can you provide the URL that you added to your exceptions list?  I want to try this for my friend's machine having the same problem.

No - I merely went into Firewall & network protection -> Allow an app through the firewall  -> Wurm Online ( I think WurmLauncher64.exe?)