Sign in to follow this  
Thalius

No rare rolls when imping successfully with last piece of rare shards

I am imping a stone altar at my place on Xanadu using some rare shards I have been collecting.  Upon successfully using the last bit of shard though, I am not getting a rare roll at all.

Usually we do get a rare roll as the last bit is used, whether the rarity transfers or not. I am not seeing that tonight.

I have noticed this as well. Its been like this for awhile from what I can remember. atleast 3-4 months ish

Been a while since I did this with rare shards.  Is the rarity transfer chance still normal? We just are not seeing the rare roll "moment of inspiration" notification each time now?

Several years ago I imped my guard tower rare with a rare shard, and it did not roll. TBH I don't think I've EVER seen a roll when imping with rare materials but I have successfully rared things with rare material imping.

Edited by DemonaNightshade

Same here, I always imped my furnaces with the last piece since about 2 years, there is no rare roll. Not sure whether the alleged last piece effect exists at all for stone shards. Having used in excess of hundred (if not hundreds) rare rock/stone shards I begin to doubt :) . (I am aware about the laws of probability, strangely the "RNG" always is at least heavily biased towards failure, so that does not mean anything)

Same.  Rare and supreme shards and rare chisel on colossus and other items and nothing.  had 8 rare and 1 supreme. used 4 rare and part of supreme for zippo.

I have not imped any items and with rare supplies and had the roll since a lantern about 12 months ago.  

Haven't found a rare arch item since a few weeks of it starting either.

It seems strange.