Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Map dumps 2020!

Greetings Wurmians! 

M9ZriEr.jpg

The 2020 map dumps are now available! These now include the Jackal map along with influence, as well as the Elevation map dumps!

You can check them out at https://bit.ly/MapDumps20

How far have your projects come? 

• Like 18

When were these done?  Cele looks maybe 4-6 months outdated, doesn't show roadways on my island that i placed months ago.  In the last month or two someone has also placed a wand island waaaay too close on our north shore and it doesn't show either. 

42 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

When were these done?  Cele looks maybe 4-6 months outdated, doesn't show roadways on my island that i placed months ago.  In the last month or two someone has also placed a wand island waaaay too close on our north shore and it doesn't show either. 

They were dumped mid-January. There's a time frame where we try to go through each map dump and look for shenanigans to edit out before releasing.

Which map image looks outdated? Three have their creation timestamp in the file name YMD-HMS, with the routes being the outlier because it's generated server-side by the server itself (since route information isn't part of the map data).

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

I see changes on the map, that are done on east Cele after the Shrimpalong, but I agree with you that the wand of sea Island doesn't show at all.

When was that Island created? 

Edited by Oluffus

Deli seems totally ok. New Wand of Sea island is shown correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oluffus said:

I see changes on the map, that are done on east Cele after the Shrimpalong, but I agree with you that the wand of sea Island doesn't show at all.

When was that Island created?

January 27th. Would love a more recent dump of Celebration to have it on the map.

3 minutes ago, Figs said:

January 27th. Would love a more recent dump of Celebration to have it on the map.

Oh, that explains - think the map was from January 11th

pristine is a defiantly at least a month old, i can easily tell from the state of my deed area.

Thanks for doing this, but (as previously requested) a WU style self updating map for freedom servers would be nice once we're on AWS :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solmark said:

Thanks for doing this, but (as previously requested) a WU style self updating map for freedom servers would be nice once we're on AWS :)

Problem with that is pixel messages/art.

16 hours ago, VirusMD said:

pristine is a defiantly at least a month old, i can easily tell from the state of my deed area.

Dumps were created Jan 11 as mentioned above.

14 hours ago, solmark said:

This is unlikely due to our process of reviewing the maps for various player shenanigans.

• Like 1

Maybe i should clear my forest a bit so that the big heart will show up next year on the map dump maybe add someone's name under it

9 hours ago, Kohle said:

Where's Golden Valley @Retrograde😁 I mean, if you can dump Chaos et al. ...

Even the maps that were created like ~5 years ago are largely accurate, in some cases pixel perfect. With so few players on GV nowadays and 0 "Active" players depending on how you define active, very little changes.

Looks like I can do the geography updates the easy way instead of walking the tiles. 😌  Thanks guys 😊

• Like 1