Sign in to follow this  
Grifo

Plantable Cocoa

the rum argument i dont care much about because you can spam sugar/fennel seeds to make more rum, you dont need more coconuts

Honestly, at this point, forage/botanise have already been trivialised to the point of a stub skill (woad was the real kick in the teeth, cocoa is just acting as a skill barrier which isn't really fun for people).

+1 from me (and I say this as someone with hundreds of the damn things)

14 hours ago, RainRain said:

the rum argument i dont care much about because you can spam sugar/fennel seeds to make more rum, you dont need more coconuts

Don't know how to do that without additional coconuts, seems that evaded to me. Even if not, Grifo should not be that lazy :) , either foraging a bit, or visit me in Xan for a satchel of cocoa beans or two 😎As said, I would favour more DFM recipes instead of nerfing foraging. As to

woad was the real kick in the teeth, cocoa is just acting as a skill barrier which isn't really fun for people

that seems to be a quite egocentric view of someone not caring for foraging. Botanizing has nettles, nutmeg, and sassafras left, foraging nothing unique to the skill. And opening woad to gardening was a balanced decision as gardening can use a boost, and dyers need loads of dye materials of as high ql as possible. And there seem not so much more highly skilled gardeners than botanizers. So an additional source was a balanced decision (in my particular case, gardening with skill 75 is still lagging behind botanizing with 90 though).

Removing the only unique feature from foraging is a different thing. As said, it does not matter so much for rum needing 1 bean of any ql per 2l iirc. It may be different for DFM where bean ql and high quantities (one thereof, or both) may matter. The bottleneck there seems to be the lack of alternatives which should be addressed instead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ekcin said:

And opening woad to gardening was a balanced decision

FALSE

Not going to go into more detail, because doing so would just lead to derailment.  Either way; you're utterly wrong ^_^

11 hours ago, Ekcin said:

As said, I would favour more DFM recipes instead of nerfing foraging.

Indeed.

You can't grow Sassafras in pottery planters.

You should be able to do same for cocoa it will not give you the large amounts that farming would and uses Gardening skill so people will have to grind that skill as well for cooking. 

EDITED: I was wrong see next post.

Edited by Bachus
incorrect information

12 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

FALSE

Not going to go into more detail, because doing so would just lead to derailment.  Either way; you're utterly wrong ^_^

Ok not going into further detail maybe read Paul Benacerraf, “Mathematical Truth” (The Journal of Philosophy 70, 1973) before exposing once more your ignorance of epistemology and yelling false in capitals.

And thanks Bachus for the hint, did not know about Sassafras. Still not in favor of plantable cocoa.

Edit: tried to plant Sassafras to a pottery planter, does not work at least here. As to wiki, is obtained by botanizing.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bachus said:

You can grow Sassafras in pottery planters.

You should be able to do same for cocoa it will not give you the large amounts that farming would and uses Gardening skill so people will have to grind that skill as well for cooking. 

both false

if DFM is given an alt recipe that doesnt need cocoa beans then i dont care nearly as much, but i still think it's dumb that cocoa is unique to a lot of recipes and can only be obtained behind foraging, whereas the botanizing only plants arent really unique for anything and just help with affinity meals a tad

again, making a skill valuable by locking resources behind it for arbitrary reasons will just annoy people on both sides over time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RainRain said:

whereas the botanizing only plants arent really unique for anything and just help with affinity meals a tad

I quite agree!

I was Wrong about the Sassafras and I am sorry.  

I thought I had it in the planter rack in my house but I did not and could not plant it either.

So let me add that to the list as well for what should be plantable although it is actually a tree root IRL not an herb or spice you can grow on your back porch so that one does make a little sense not to be plantable. 

Also .........WHERE'S MY COFFEE! 

I would love for them to add Coffee bushes plus Cocoa, and Sassafras trees to add to my orchard. :)

everyone's talking about cocoa and sassafras...but you forgot a small details about neetles... IT GROWS EVERYWHERE!!!!! seriously if you have a garden irl you likely have or had neetles in a corner at some point and it returns a lot. its hard to get fully rid of it... so why cant we farm the damned thing??? it might even grow on its own (a field left to rot would spread to nearby dirt tiles) if not cleared in time! that old garden you had and left abbandonned for months is not a neetle paradise. good luck walking thru that, why not also make wild neetle give poison dmg like thorns deal dmg? just less of it. negate by wearing boots/pants/shirt(depend of height) over ql 10. wear gloves when harvesting!

that's all for me, thank you *bows and exit*

• Like 1