Sign in to follow this  
MinorArchitect

Wurm Steam Page

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As an option it's available, but since we have a solid third party forum we'll likely continue using here 

gib steam page pls 😎

Please give directions how to access Wurmonline steam page. I have searched for it but it's not there. Help!!

31 minutes ago, Deth said:

Please give directions how to access Wurmonline steam page. I have searched for it but it's not there. Help!!

There is non atm.

But look at the Wurm Unlimited steam page it will not be much different expect some other pictures and maybe a new trailer. Wurm = Wurm....

Get that steampage up please, I want to wishlist the game :)

As i have said, the devs do not believe in such small things as advertising and creating hype.

They'll just randomly put the steam page out there one day, probably before release. 

The lack of news and information about Steam WO lately, and even it's lack of Steam page tells me that they are far from finished and i think it might very well get delayed.

Edited by atazs

I'm not sure what news and information you're expecting. Launch window is still by mid 2020, and we're working on the store page

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I'm not sure what news and information you're expecting. Launch window is still by mid 2020, and we're working on the store page

I don't expect there to be any new information but having a store page up means people can start wishlisting it and linking other people to it, and perhaps Steam will bring it to the attention of a few people as well. By the time the game actually goes up there, all the people that have it wishlisted will get notified so they can buy it. So having it up well before the launch is a good thing. Some games have theirs up years before an actual release and if the launch window is mid this year it's getting a bit close.

I have several games wishlisted like that, it's a useful way to keep tabs on interesting looking titles that I'd otherwise forget about. Of course I don't need to be reminded this way as I play actively already, but it'd be a shame to lose other people just because there wasn't the store page for them to engage with yet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Some games have theirs up years before an actual release and if the launch window is mid this year it's getting a bit close.

also Steam sends mail after game release

6 minutes ago, Toolhead said:

Steam page when

same date as tapestry

21 minutes ago, Votip said:

same date as tapestry

bridges will be in until christmas

• Like 2

I wonder how many people would use the steam page to help promote positive awareness vs how many would just use it as another place that they can lash out about recent changes?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arimus said:

I wonder how many people would use the steam page to help promote positive awareness vs how many would just use it as another place that they can lash out about recent changes?

I'd definitely go post videos of the jiggly beehives and my horse that gets stuck in an infinite loop of head shaking and make endless fun of them.

Maybe we dont want to make to much hype in advance? perhaps the "Wolcen"-debacle scared of the dev's ;)

Steam-Wurm wont survive 10k people logging in on 2 servers at once!

But none the less, might be usefull to put up the page at least 2 months before release to get at least some wishlisting done and steam-algorithms  poked.

Edited by Lycanthropic

12 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

Maybe we dont want to make to much hype in advance? perhaps the "Wolcen"-debacle scared of the dev's ;)

Steam-Wurm wont survive 10k people logging in on 2 servers at once!

But none the less, might be usefull to put up the page at least 2 months before release to get at least some wishlisting done and steam-algorithms  poked.

No matter how big the hype is there never will be 10k people during the release.

Become a [...] blacksmith [...] priest [...] or become them all.

How to be a smith priest pls?

Me, seeing someone standing in a large cart, old trees, old merchant model, old unfinished ship model (?), old pig model (?)

Spoiler

loRawuN.jpg

Look, I'm not saying it to ###### on the effort of anything, but if you guys on team are going all out with this like you're showing with changes in the game, let's at least get a fresh trailer for the game. Shoot some new footage, show off the super good tree rendering, water, better models. Work with what you got now. Give this the best first shot you can possibly give it, because this trailer is autoplay and viewed by so many people who open the games store page.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

giant dong building

thats all i have to say on the matter

I'm wondering who's gonna make the claim, that they've seen bigger?

:D

A new trailer is in the works, yes 

I agree with the one looking too outdated though, after checking I can delete it I have. Should be good until the new one is ready

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I've wishlisted and subscribed it, to feed their algorithm.

7 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

giant dong building

thats all i have to say on the matter

Giant dong buildings have long been a staple of architecture. There are probably rules about a minimum quota of giant dong buildings. It's good to see that Wurm keeps the trend alive.

Edited by Lisimba

unsure if images show much of the new rendering besides distant rendering, (tip: there's no desert area screen or anything showing that the game have water and boat variety, some of the cave crazy deed screenshots could be shown - all that could instantly hook new players just by seeing that)

guessing sandbox, etc tags like sandbox could be placed to the profile by players later on 

About language and subtitles in english, can't think of npc or event showing text and also narrating it or providing option for such preference, but we'll keep that as our little secret. 🙃

1 question.. I'm sure there are much better screenshots of the game, but that aside.. 

somewhere there was a talk about WO video.. presenting the game.. have anybody officially or un-.. worked on anything in that direction?

--edit  

On 3/3/2020 at 1:56 AM, Retrograde said:

As an option it's available, but since we have a solid third party forum we'll likely continue using here 

This wont happen btw.. "steam kids are steam fanatics".. expect them to ignore that the forum exists or to start using reddit if the game community grows.

I can think of examples of indie games where things have only stayed on game/company's forum only.. but escaping these boundaries will mean the game succeeded growing up and out of the niche sector.

Edited by Finnn