Sign in to follow this  
MinorArchitect

Bow animation a bit messy

The bow animation is a bit out of whack.

Let's say that I am firing 3 shots in a row for training at a target. I press [2] 3 times to queue them up. The first timer starts and the first odd thing is that the bowstring sound plays but there is no animation.

Then once the timer finishes, the arrow flies to the target. But then the aim animation plays, and the bowstring sound for the next shot plays, and this repeats again.
Once the final (third) arrow flies the bow animation plays but instead of a bow I am holding my large maul.

I am assuming that it should go: 1) Bowstring sound and bow animation until timer finishes

2) Arrow flies and maybe arrow sound should play as well?

3) Repeat until finished.

Nothing game-breaking, although it might be helpful to know when someone is lining you up in PvP. Just a bit dodgy and I just thought I would point it out.

Indeed, it would be worth improving it. It is possible that this is due to the slower operation of the game client.

It's unfortunately not only with bows/archery but a whole range of actions are either bugged out with animation/sound or simply have missing objects.

I've covered most of them in my suggestion (see below) but i'm afraid it won't get picked up any soon.

It may be something small in some oldskool players but i've personally had an experience with a new player who told me one of his reasons was the "unifnished" look and feel of the game and the fact that the game exists for so long , yet felt unfinished to him and I can't blame him.

Spoiler

Edited by Berms

On 2/18/2020 at 12:13 PM, Wersin said:

Indeed, it would be worth improving it. It is possible that this is due to the slower operation of the game client.

it's not, its only poor timing of the code and/or the lack of it.

I know what you mean, and the same happens with woodcutting sometimes when the timer lag and animation bugs out for that specific action but what MinorArchitect is talking about is something thats there consistently so it's def. not the client.

Edited by Berms