Sign in to follow this  
Wargasm

RMT Clarification Question

I open this thread not to segregate the RMT discussion from the 18 pages of "am I going to get banned" in Retro's "no more RMT" thread in City Hall... but to get clarification on a post Retro made.

This thread is not the place to discuss your opinion of the RMT changes.

Now... on page 14 (I think) of the RMT change thread, Locath Made the following post:

On 2/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, Locath said:

With me being able to buy couple 100s of thousands of bricks using paypal made the bricks disappear from the system. Buying at least a gold coin each month for the upkeep alone, was re-using the same silver which was already bought by someone from the website and taking it out of the economy via deed upkeep. 

With me having to buy the money from the web shop, effectively creating them out of thin air, to buy the same bricks and not offloading it from existing money poll, because i'd have to buy the gold for upkeep as well, creates a massive inflation. This has happened to many other games, there is supply, there is demand AND there is abundance of currency. This makes the prices go up for everything, just because people who have the money, have no other way to buy stuff or offload it and it makes the new player have to fight the market prices inflated by money which will be pumped at a much higher rate than it was until now. 

With RMT allowed, the flow seemed pretty constant, people bought money, deeds were sucking it out at more or less even rate, a big reason for that was because a lot of the transactions didn't involve ingame money (e.g. bulk materials in large quantities). Now to buy the same materials, much more money has to be "spawned" in to the system. That money will be burning people's pockets, they will start offering higher prices for everything, because there is only so much they can buy from the trader with it. Offering higher prices makes the new player have to buy more money again to buy that thing so even more money is introduced in to the system.

I have only ever sold one item in my 9 years of playing Wurm (a rare axe), i traded a lot of sleep powders for clay and that's about it. I have spent thousands on materials and deed upkeep, my main deed alone was about 90s a month so that alone was a nice sink to take the money out of the system. 

In the no RMT world i would have to buy 1g each month for the upkeep PLUS few gold for the materials. the deed upkeep money goes out of the system as it used to, nothing changes here.

the remainder is spent on bricks/mortar/bulk materials in general. Seller now has a bunch of money they want to get rid of and this situation repeats every month. I'm unable to fund my deeds with in game activities because simply none of them are really sellable. I terraform and build stuff so i keep magically spawning more money in to this economy which will start getting out of control very soon.

After which, Retro replied (and quoted) the above with the following:

The part being missed in this example is that through deed and premium upkeep the money was being filtered back into the system. Coin you bought may have been bought years ago and continued to cycle through dozens of sales. 

With this system no coin enters the game unless it is bought, once it is used in premium or upkeep it leaves the system. 

It won't cause inflation because it will likely be leaving at a higher rate than it enters because it won't be re-entering the system. 

If the seller winds up with money that can use that silver for upkeep, premium, or other trades. 

Okay... so @Retrograde are changes being made to "recycled" currency?  Will kingdom funds continue to be re-distributed through foraging, killing/burying animals, etc?  Or will the only option to obtain silver (other than trading players be from the online shop?

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 6

There will still be ways to earn silver using game mechanics without buying it from the shop - at the very least through foraging and selling to the token, that's not being removed.

• Like 2

Thanks for the response, Samool.

Are there... changes... to that current system being made?  The way Retro's post was worded leads me to believe that's the case.

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Samool said:

There will still be ways to earn silver using game mechanics without buying it from the shop - at the very least through foraging and selling to the token, that's not being removed.

So for the sake of clarity

Killing and burying wont be affected to right?

• Like 1

No it wont be affected. 

the amount of silver coming in through that system is very little compared to the golds traders brought in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

No it wont be affected. 

the amount of silver coming in through that system is very little compared to the golds traders brought in.

thank you and with traders gone it means more chances for us to get money from fighting ❤️

• Like 1

It wont increase chances, or the payout. it has a small separate pool compared to the kingdom coffers

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It wont increase chances, or the payout. it has a small separate pool compared to the kingdom coffers

from what i knew, it was the opposite... traders having a separate but shrinking pool of dedicated money with the rest going into the kingdom coffers... and being able to be foraged.

If traders are no longuer pulling from that dedicated pool, it should be normal that all the coins goes back into foraging / botanising / burying / slaying / selling.

Unless it is, of course, another way to force players to buy silvers...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Are there... changes... to that current system being made?  The way Retro's post was worded leads me to believe that's the case

There may be changes made yes, but they aren't going away 

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

There may be changes made yes, but they aren't going away 

Please do share them when the time comes pretty please ❤️

20 hours ago, wipeout said:

Please do share them when the time comes pretty please ❤️

Funny that we have to beg for information. Ps. Fix sailing. Ty. 

• Like 1

I have some questions about the new system. I have 4 char in the game, I usually go online with two at the same time can I be banned for that? Another issue will trade and navigation between steam servers be free?

16 minutes ago, thiagomg said:

I have 4 char in the game, I usually go online with two at the same time can I be banned for that?

You can have as many alts online as you want.

17 minutes ago, thiagomg said:

Another issue will trade and navigation between steam servers be free?

As of right now they plan to have the current servers and the steam servers to be separate so no navigation/trade.

I think it'll squeeze deed owners in the end.  The silver is just a medium of exchange for trading items to anyone who does not own a deed.  You can call items "market price silver" in a trade.

I'd like to think that recurring transaction online games with support and updates could end up lasting a long amount of time, and for the management to say oh we have to do things this way because the other way we were doing things was not working, it is concerning to say the least.

Edited by Johnston3

Original question was asked and answered, and several replies have nothing to do with the topic.

Mods, this thread can be closed if you like.