Sign in to follow this  
Segomo

Guard Models in Creative Server ?

I placed this question in the wrong forum earlier - sorry about that.

I am attempting to create an event and trying to use Mol Rehan Tower guards - when I use my wand and create them they appear as freedom isles guards. So I got (what I believe to be) the proper model name (model.creature.humaniod.human.guard.tower.male.molr).

I entered this into the properties file of a mode where I can and have successfully change models. When I patch and start the server again the model is in yellow, looks like a treasure guard? but no joy on the Mol Rehan look. Is there a way to get this model into a creative server?

would need a mod to make a new creature with that specific model.

It seems the "Model" is present in some way already, as it is listed as a create option when using yr ebony wand. Could this possibly be solved by coping the model from the adventure server db into the creative server db? Or is it more involved than that?

yes the model exists in the game as it is used on pvp servers and the correct tower will spawn those guards but to use the model for an event such as kill this stuff, you will likely need a mod to just add a new creature that uses that existing model. Your idea of just adjusting some setting somewhere to make like a brown bear look like a guard is 'possible' but not that simple,  using serverpacks you can have the server tell the client to display it how you want but currently the clients would all need to have the client mod for serverpacks. So as a server admin the 'better' approach is to have a serverside mod that just makes a new creature which does what you want.

• Like 1

Tower guards, when created by a GM account, have the same kingdom as the GM, so to GM create a Mol Rehan guard tower you would first have to convert the GM to Mol Rehan, then create and drop the tower, a Mol Rehan tower will produce Mol Rehan tower guards.

I'm not sure if this will work on a Freedom server however, I've only done this sort of thing on multi-kingdom pvp servers, so success/failure will mostly be down to the server settings.

6 hours ago, Zenity said:

Tower guards, when created by a GM account, have the same kingdom as the GM, so to GM create a Mol Rehan guard tower you would first have to convert the GM to Mol Rehan, then create and drop the tower, a Mol Rehan tower will produce Mol Rehan tower guards.

I'm not sure if this will work on a Freedom server however, I've only done this sort of thing on multi-kingdom pvp servers, so success/failure will mostly be down to the server settings.

If the tower guards are Mol-Rehan, will they attack Freedom players?  

On a pvp server they will. On a pve home freedom server, the MR towers will dissapear on next server update/restart.