Sign in to follow this  
Jonydowy

A fixed rift area.

Can we already get a fixed rift spawn area please!

Everywhere there have been rifts for the past years..there is no forest anymore..its all replaced with roses,lavender and all kinds of bushes..it is very ugly and also can't see anything further than 2 tiles(on a horse)

Let us have clean and beautiful forests again and natural looking steppes.

• Like 4

+1  and no terraform changes, i.e. no bumps and dips and reverting the tile back to its original texture, i.e. sand back to sand, etc.

• Like 2

I searched for this very item and was a bit disappointed to see it didn't gain much traction but will use this thread instead of a new one as this is a real annoyance. The area around my deed on release got converted to large swathes of bushes over the course of several rifts when it used to be a nice pine/birch woodland. I spent a while clearing the area and replanting, it took ages and I don't know if I have the time to keep on top of it as new rifts just punch new large wholes in the trees that get taken over by the bushes that remained.

Something to help the recolonisation of trees would be welcome for sure rather than changing the landscape.

EDIT: not sure fixed site is the answer but some way of going back to previous landscape would be nice rather than bush monoculture

Edited by Bodge
addressing initial suggestion
  • Like 4

Yes, please, this is especially important on the smaller servers which have been torn up so much from the terrain, abandoned fences, etc. 

while we on rift stuff can we move the rift area for xanadu to around the outside edges of the map so people will come to it ,the center is to much of a bother to get to as the maps are so big .as seen in last rift 1 person then 3 more turned up we closed think was 9 hrs plus ,anyone can boat around edges of map 

Last Xanadu rift suffered from Pristine impalong, and early morning CET start (bed time for Americas), all that on workdays. And mind that most coastal locations on Xanadu would be terrible for rifs, mostly rocky cliffs often without mooring opportunity, and the less terrible ones mostly occupied by deeds so no chance for a rift.

I remember when steppe tiles used to be constantly packed by grazing animals. When I ran out of solo-play ideas, I spent my last few weeks in Wurm trying to repair the local steppe. This seems to be self-maintaining now.

Yes, it is possible for players to go around restoring the natural beauty of the landscape. But it's a very unrewarding activity to keep doing over, and over, and over.

Please make areas where Rifts spawn naturally rollback/heal to the previous landscape.

My concern is it could be possible to deed or fence around a fixed location, allowing for certain individuals or groups to try and control access to said materials. Even if it was an island they could raise dirt up around it.

As A Different Perspective 

What if there was another very small map zone to travel to that only contained rift spawns at certain intervals.

But could not be permanently inhabited or built upon, with a pre designed safe area the mobs would not enter, maybe separated by a bridge.

5 hours ago, Huserx said:

My concern is it could be possible to deed or fence around a fixed location, allowing for certain individuals or groups to try and control access to said materials. Even if it was an island they could raise dirt up around it.

Gm's would not allow it since rifts are public content, not private. Anyone trying to "privatize it" would probably end up with a strict warning, or a temp ban.

i think better regen is the answer rather than fixed area tbh

There would need to be a easy to use teleport-like access to the location. The teleport needs to support wagons and such. If rift location is fixed the area near this location will be highly coveted. It will create an unfair situation. But if we can easily teleport to the rift from our deeds we all win.

I like the idea of a tiny no-deed server where rifts are held. We can access this server with either a portal from our deeds or use a boat and plot coarse.

Lorewise how about we do this

1. Use a rift lodestone to teleport to Jackal.

2. You're teleported at a camp just outside of a forming rift.

3. The goal is to prevent the rift from spilling on to our world, aka preempting an invasion.

4. If said rift isn't closed in say, 10 days, it will create a larger rift on freedom with more mobs than usual in a random spot.

5. Once the rift on Jackal is closed, you can TP back home. 

• Like 1

Yes, or. 

Between one and eight rift sites per server, depending on size. Let rifts use them in rotation