Sign in to follow this  
Morhedron

WU Tile Location Specification

What is the relationship between the integer x/y/dirt height and the floating point pox, poy, poz values?  Is there a way to convert between the two systems?

The x/y is the tile numbers, the posx and poxy are basically x or y times 4. Each tiles is worth 4 and depending on where you are on the tile it moves up and down its just a more accurate location on a tile basically.

Thanks.  That's a pointer in the right direction I think.  I'm trying to move a settlement token.

1 hour ago, Morhedron said:

Thanks.  That's a pointer in the right direction I think.  I'm trying to move a settlement token.

Just add or subtract 4 per tile you want to move it in each direction and it will be perfectly centered on the new tile.

But moving tokens is not intended in Wurm, so absolutly not recommended.

Edited by Sklo:D

I hear you.  I'm trying to make an Adventure map and need to move the starter settlements to new locations.  Everything else moves quite well.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, Morhedron said:

I hear you.  I'm trying to make an Adventure map and need to move the starter settlements to new locations.  Everything else moves quite well.

Assuming you are doing it by editing the DB... Note that when moving items (including tokens)  you need to update their ZONEID to reflect the new position, otherwise weird bugs will happen

You can calculate it like that - Y/64 + (X/64 * (SIZE/64)) - where X, Y are position SIZE is the size of your map (in tiles) and all divisions you drop the fractional part

For underground items you need to add (SIZE/64)^2 to the result

when it comes to deed tokens, honestly just disband it as GM and remake it on the spot you want, editing the DB for tokens can cause many issues.

Thanks for all the input.  It's good to know the formula.  I've worked it out to be able to simply calculate the offset (where it is to where it's going) and adjust the x, y, z and zone accordingly.

There were a few hiccups with the bartenders and traders but simply summoning them brought them down to earth.  Umm...  down to wurm.

• Like 1