Sign in to follow this  
Shyruban

No mob or extremely low mob count on Xanadu

I'm curious, what is going on on Xanadu? There's almost no aggressive mobs anywhere in south, only unicorns, cows, sheep, horses and the likes.

I've built an inn on a highway 2 years ago, near  a small desert that always had scorpions and crocs in it at R 16, so not long ago I figured I'd turn my inn into some sort of hunting lodge

then 5 or 6 friends made the existing desert a whole lot larger, turning the whole forest here into one of the largest desert on Xan, since today was spring and I noticed before that

there always seem to be more mobs spawning in spring time ( not confirmed it's just my impression but there's a lava spider lair here and there's always lots of lava spider in the spring)

So I'm back here in the desert, there was 1 single scorpion in the whole place. What's going on?

I've attached an approximate outline of the extra desert that was created here, BTW thank you again to those who helped create this crazy thing :) Baloo, Nacciwa, Popy, Vorash, Cipaku, Oateifoo

and one of Naciwa's lady friend who's name escape me at the moment. It took over a weeks of tree cutting and converting grass into sand.

Anyways, is this lack of mob a temporary thing or is this permanent?

Needless to say that I wouldn't have wasted the time of all those involved into making this if I'd known it would remain completely empty apart from 4 unicorns and a few hyenas.

353Cogf.jpg

Ba4PRgi.jpg

KHpInC9.jpg

Edited by Shyruban
correction
  • Like 1

I have not noticed decrease in agressive mobs per se, but there are increasing numbers of sheep and unicorns, at least in the south areas.

Honestly, there was a day I killed 70 sheep in a small tundra area. Last rift I was at, there was a swarm of unicorns (and their corpses).

Counted "ram is dead" in February event logs. 107 matches.

Should really be looked into..

Wasn't the increased unicorn birth rate temporary for the personal goal rally? I understood they were to become more rare again after it had ended. But right now, they are more common than horses or cows.

Edited by Shmeric

4 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

I have not noticed decrease in agressive mobs per se, but there are increasing numbers of sheep and unicorns, at least in the south areas.

Honestly, there was a day I killed 70 sheep in a small tundra area. Last rift I was at, there was a swarm of unicorns (and their corpses).

Counted "ram is dead" in February event logs. 107 matches.

Should really be looked into..

Wasn't the increased unicorn birth rate temporary for the personal goal rally? I understood they were to become more rare again after it had ended. But right now, they are more common than horses or cows.

Yeah, I liked it when I almost never saw any unicorns in the forest when I roamed about, so whenever you saw one it was always a tiny bit of a surprise.  I've built a 1600 tiles long highway from my place to Lormere 2 years + ago, normally you can't ride 10 tiles on it without seeing a mob either on the road or in the woods near the road, now it's empty and has been for weeks.

Subie made a similar post about Deliverance, so you're not alone.

I have noticed a lot less mobs recently in South Deliverance - and for me it's great (I loathe mobs - please take them away!), but I do understand it must be annoying for many.

A couple of years ago my village moved to northern Xana (from central Xana) partly because we were tired of the low mob count and didnt think it would ever get fixed.

We have not regretted the decision.

Its well know south Xanadu has a low mob count. I have lived in both north and south and the difference is staggering. I have been beseeched by 4 and 5 trolls at a time and the mob trains I've had following me on my earlier days was insane. Now I just hunt the area to near extinction near my deed and in 2 days is back to what it was.

Come to NEXA, we got mobs 😎

• Like 1

I've been living on the same spot for 3.5 years, up to just few months ago, i could go on a trip around here, visit a few desert and I'd be hunting almost all day, now I can't even find enough to keep me busy more than 5 minutes.

I now have this desert here which all together is over 1\4 of a grid, was 1 mob in it, as opposed to before when it was much smaller, when i got there i'd have at least 20 to 30 mobs, mostly crocs and scorpions and a bunch of lava spiders on the outskirts.

And I would get attacked on the highway on way there many times by wolves, spiders, trolls etc, now, nothing.

Locally here, in the north, it is not the deserts but the steppe that seem to have the highest number of mobs. And some of the forests seem to be far worse, but then not many venture into them...

There was some work by the devs some years ago to look at the spawning/distribution of mobs - and while I remember there having been some changes, the effects on the distribution of mobs seems to have been short lived. While I remember seeing a decrease in mobs numbers here in the north at the time (mid 2015?), the mobs numbers here seem to have remained almost constant over the last 5 year irrespective of the level of hunting being done.

As a side note, there still seem to be as many mobs running around on the cliffs as before the changes that were meant to stop them doing that.

When seals was introduced, there was some hint to spawning mechanics.  "You need water, stone and 3 yellow spots to the right of the red present for a seal to spawn" or something like that. I've seen other hints up thru the years. So yes, a desert makes it easy to find the animals, but living in the middle of an olive/birsh forest, I can tell you there is a lot more happening :) Just a few months ago I found 3 champion trolls in the same local. So you want better variety of mobs, make more variety in biomes.

There are a ton of horses and unicorns on my deed, the majority of them stuck on a bridge. I can't even butcher them if I kill them while they are on a bridge, because then the game thinks that I'm not on the same bridge as the corpse. Probably the same reason why they all seem to be stuck on the bridges. Plenty more stuck on the coastline as well, to the point where some even end up drowning.

At the same time I haven't noticed a drop in hostile creatures, just an overall increase in creatures in my area.

Is it any specific area of north Xanadu that has mobs? Im currently in Central and there no mobs at all save the very occasional troll. I hate it! I want to relocate somewhere where there are mobs for me to hunt and train combat skills.

2 hours ago, Poveglia said:

Is it any specific area of north Xanadu that has mobs? Im currently in Central and there no mobs at all save the very occasional troll. I hate it! I want to relocate somewhere where there are mobs for me to hunt and train combat skills.

Anything north of Vrock Landing, esp. deserts and steppes will have good mob populations.