Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

Pandemonium Design Change COMING

It's a good thing we can build bridges to get over these rivers

• Like 1

I must admit I liked the old design more - but ping is realy a colour that was present and popular in medieval times - and it was a unisex colour.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:09 PM, BDCKoolaid said:

Should probably start putting a fine print on PMK Merchant Pages going forward. For example:

WTS Pandemonium PMK Items!***

***All items herein are subject to change design either partially or completely for any reason we see fit and you are therefore paying for a dynamic item that may or may not look like a piece of hot garbage by the time our kingdom disbands.

This is understood from a living kingdom. That is why pmk items from dead kingdoms are pricier than active ones. I suppose if you need a disclaimer to tell you the obvious, then you should also ask for a disclaimer that tells you that water is wet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

This is understood from a living kingdom. That is why pmk items from dead kingdoms are pricier than active ones. I suppose if you need a disclaimer to tell you the obvious, then you should also ask for a disclaimer that tells you that water is wet.

Dead kingdom PMK items being pricier is a direct result of the fact that those items are now limited. You cannot make more, and therefore, the ones still in existence are more expensive.

Claiming that those items are more expensive not because they are now in limited supply, but because, "they can't change design anymore" is just silly. Almost as silly as needing someone to explain that

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

water is wet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BDCKoolaid said:

Dead kingdom PMK items being pricier is a direct result of the fact that those items are now limited. You cannot make more, and therefore, the ones still in existence are more expensive.

Claiming that those items are more expensive not because they are now in limited supply, but because, "they can't change design anymore" is just silly. Almost as silly as needing someone to explain that

Yet it remains a fact that despite of your opinion on what affects prices, it is known and has been known since its inception, that the kingdom graphics can change. No one gave any warranty that a kingdom will keep its graphic for eternity. Panda has had what, maybe 3 different graphic in all of the years its existed (its the oldest living kingdom by far at the moment) and its the first time they have a very considerable change. Alluding that they should state the obvious is pretty narrow minded.

Here's an idea... don't buy pmk graphic items from living kingdoms. Everyone knows they are subject to change, its not a well guarded secret. Want a free banner? Join a pmk and go get one. Eva has always been kind enough to leave them on deed as she defends, so its not even like its a prized state secret. 

This argument comes up every time a kingdom decides to change their graphics. Buyers need to start realizing that THEIR wishes will ALWAYS pale when compared to the wishes of the members that are forced to actually wear the colors of a kingdom. 

12 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

it is known and has been known since its inception

To be fair the post for adding a PMK graphic never said anything about being allowed to change them nor did anyone actually change theirs for quite some time, originally kingdom designs would even get overridden by new kingdoms too when the kingdom was no longer around, it happened to a few epic kingdoms but it wasn't changed until freedom got upset.

At the end of the day the choice belongs to the people who actually paid to found the kingdom and continue to pay for its survival, not a few silver for a decoration.

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

I wish the defenders of color changes who keep chanting the "to hell with buyers" line were consistent when they didn't like a change made by the devs.

At the end of the day, the choice belongs to the people who risked money to start the game and keep it alive, not a few bucks for a subscription, eh? 😷

1 minute ago, Mordraug said:

I wish the defenders of color changes who keep chanting the "to hell with buyers" line were consistent when they didn't like a change made by the devs.

At the end of the day, the choice belongs to the people who risked money to start the game and keep it alive, not a few bucks for a subscription, eh? 😷

Gotta love your angst against pvpers. Every chance you got to fling garbage at the target of your hate, eh?

I just noticed a certain inconsistency and pointed it out.

Sorry buddy wrong person, wrong argument. I couldnt care less if people buy their stuff or not, the idea of requiring the sales is yet another freedom concept and was never a factor in the PMK I was in on Epic nor is it part of game design whereas game subscriptions are pretty important to the devs and keeping customers happy (The first class ones at least).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mordraug said:

I just noticed a certain inconsistency and pointed it out.

Please point out my inconsistency. All I see is you raging about off-topic stuff.

Oh it's pretty on-topic.

This isn't the first one of these threads, and history repeats itself.

If those items truly weren't for "freedumbers" (another inconsistency, dishing it out but not being able to take it), y'all would do the ethical thing and say "not for sale, it's our stuff for our pride whatever thing" or at very least make it very clear, specially if it isn't an old timer buying it, that "You may log in one day to ownership of something other than what you paid for".

And one last inconsistency.... "It's not for the money!  We don't need the silver!" ....... reeeheeeheeeaally..... then why the sales? 

"Give me the money for it but you don't own it".  

On 4/27/2020 at 12:00 PM, Mordraug said:

"How dare you dislike us?" ... stupid question.

Cheerio. 

6 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Oh it's pretty on-topic.

This isn't the first one of these threads, and history repeats itself.

If those items truly weren't for "freedumbers" (another inconsistency, dishing it out but not being able to take it), y'all would do the ethical thing and say "not for sale, it's our stuff for our pride whatever thing" or at very least make it very clear, specially if it isn't an old timer buying it, that "You may log in one day to ownership of something other than what you paid for".

And one last inconsistency.... "It's not for the money!  We don't need the silver!" ....... reeeheeeheeeaally..... then why the sales? 

"Give me the money for it but you don't own it".  

"How dare you dislike us?" ... stupid question.

Cheerio. 

I know it's tough in times like these with this pandemic and lockdowns and all the isolation, but I sincerely hope you get help with anger management instead of releasing it on these forums where people are trying to just have normal friendly conversations.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Mordraug said:

y'all would do the ethical thing and say "not for sale, it's our stuff for our pride whatever thing"

last kingdom that did that, someone who joined the kingdom was selling them black market style to feed their own pockets, so that doesn't do anything lol

why is every single post of yours about pvpers just weird gotchas and fallacies

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

last kingdom that did that, someone who joined the kingdom was selling them black market style to feed their own pockets, so that doesn't do anything lol

why is every single post of yours about pvpers just weird gotchas and fallacies

A fair point re: black market.

As for your second line.... check out the rest of the replies i'm getting, all ad hominem, zero any form of points.  It's kind of adorable but also makes it impossible to have any form of respect for 'em.

Can we please keep the thread on the topic it was intended for and talk about the design rather than why PMK kingdoms are selling their things in the first place? It would be good to make your own thread if you wish to discuss that matter further.

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 1

@EvaDalyPersonally, I wasn't too thrilled at first since I designed the things around the design to match them in color and style, but as I've gotten used to them and adjusted the surroundings they've really grown on me. Quite daring and unique, I'd say, and definitely more memorable than before!

I never liked her second design. The first one was great and this one is a but meh, but better than the one she had before. All in all as long as her guys like it, so will I!

To me this design is hideous. 

First one was the best, it was all downhill from that.

Tall banners(black with arrow pattern) were one of the best tall banners in Wurm, elegant and simple, compared to that this tall banner is a joke.. First regular banners that small amount of people remember black with single spiked skull draw drawn with thin white lines were awesome.

Wagon was never good to be honest, was always meh, but still first one with red wings on side was far more interesting.

For this radical changes in ideal world new kingdoms should be founded and old design left alone. To bad that developers allow this drastical changes in design after so much time...