Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Disintegrate math - old vs new

Would someone be so kind as to list how disintegrate math worked, using the old spell vs the new spell?  Maybe show how many casts on average it would take to remove a 10k shard vein with channel 70, 80, 90 priests?  I feel like the RNG is either being really bad to me with the new spell, or it is actually slower to remove veins now.

So for old disintegrate, it worked by rolling two times. the first check was a 70 diff spellcast, the second was a random number from 1 to (100-power), and if the number was 1 or under, it'd go through. For example, a 1 power cast would have a 1/100 chance of going through, a 10 power had a 1/90 chance, 20 power 1/80 and so forth. once you got to 90 power cast, which was 1/10 chance, it starts ramping up pretty hard due to the mechanic, 95 power is 1/5, 96 1/4, 97 1/3, 98 1/2 and 99+ are guaranteed.

Due to this mechanic, instead of scaling quite linearly like most spell casts do, its chance to succeed went up greatly at higher channeling levels, and the journal bonus was also a massive help. i'm not good enough at math formulas to give you an exact percent unfortunately but it's slower for veins over around 3000 ore or so as told by my nerd friend to me.

new disintegrate averages for ore destroyed per cast

70 channeling - 39 ore per cast

80 channeling - 66 ore per cast

90 channeling - 93 ore per cast

99 channeling - 117 ore per cast

99 + journal -  132 ore per cast

• Like 4

Thanks a lot for those data. Question: What about reinforced tiles off deed under the new mechanic? Has that been tested?

• Like 2