Sign in to follow this  
Reskal

Bottles for beverages, glasses for drinks, bottle racks

Made a lot of different barrels of drinks like vodka, whisky, moonshine, gin, brandy and all that, white, red and rice whine.

Then a thought wouldn't it be nice to be able to make [bottles] with a [glassblowing kit]. Materials for glass could be charcoal and sand, maybe a little bit of metal for different colours. Or colours of the bottles could be defined by temperature they are made also, in a [glassblowing oven] ?

Glassblowing could be a skill or subskill( pottery ?) and to be able to make own bottles and fill them with beverages with your Name on them (Reskal's Moonshine)could need a certain skill level in beverages. Labels would be used in the process of making bottles also. Placed on tables the filled bottles (if clear glass) could show the liquids colour too, same for glasses.

In a [bottle rack] you could store filled and labeled bottles to let them age further.

Just as an idea, there are for sure more things in this to have.

• Like 19

+1  Asked for many times - glass making would be a wonderful skill to add to Wurm - so much potential there.

• Like 4

+1 I would love to be able to do this! Glassblowing would be an awesome addition to the game.

• Like 1

Glassblowing has been asked for so many times, perhaps one of these months devs will make us a big surprise ;)

• Like 1

+1 this has been frequently requested.

Dont think I have seen any dev response.

Cool, didn't know that there is that much interest in it. Would love to be able to serve drinks to guests, or sell bottles of good old stuff on a trader, in selfmade, selflabeled bottles - [of different size and form] :)

Edited by Reskal

was just about to make my own topic on glass blowing as a skill to the game. good thing i did a search. would give another use for sand too.

• Like 1

+1 for glass, either blowing into vessels or flat for windows (stained maybe?)

Wouldn't be out of place - it's been around for a very long time.  Not super flat and clear panes, but blown/spun.  

Some thoughts on mechanics:

• A pile of sand into a smelter --> a glass ingot (or call it a lump for consistency)
  • Allow forges and campfires to heat an ingot.
  • Use a new tool - a glassblower's pipe (whatever the proper name is) to create blown glass objects.
  • Use a hammer on an ingot to create glass shards.
  • Make molds either by using a chisel on a brick or using pottery methods - shards in a mold in a furnace to produce molded items.
  • Use a grindstone or mortar/pestle to turn shards into powdered glass - which can be used on clay items to create glazed pottery items - prettier and more durable than unglazed
  • Add dyes to glass powder for coloured glazes
  • Glass powder into a smelter to also produce an ingot/lump - so coloured glass can also be created

EDIT:

• Allow glass objects to smashed with a hammer to create shards - recycling!
  • I got interested and read up a bit - wooden molds were used, too.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 4

I remember a lot of threads asking about glassblowing as a skill. Can easily replace one of the useless skills we already got like "stealing, trebuchets, weaponless fighting (who even uses that?)". 

Could actually make a kitchen look like a kitchen or an inn look more realistic. 

• Like 2

This should be merged with all the glassmaking suggestions imho. 

• Like 3