Sign in to follow this  
LionIX

Change Rift Destruction Effects

Please stop rifts from creating small patches of dirt in deserts. The keep spawning in the same areas, making the deserts look worse and worse. The holes/piles created are also somewhat annoying, but would be more acceptable if the dirt spots stopped.

I get the idea that you want them to be “bad,” but try to do it in a way that doesn’t trash up the scenery long-term. Maybe keep the tree destruction, but remove terrain manipulation. Then add some objects that behave like tree stumps (decay in a day or 2). Maybe jagged rocks, chunks of wood, or possibly something with a fire effect (like a burning log or small lava thing). You'd still get the destruction feel, but without long-term damage to the environment (leave that to players, not mechanics :P )

• Like 5

+100% I am constantly repairing rift damage to the terrain, be it on desert, steppe, grassland or tundra. 

So like LionlX's suggestions to remove the terrain manipulation and change of the original tile composition.

Once a rift is over, the tiles should revert back to what they were originally.

• Like 1

Another rift next to my deed by the desert...another mess to cleanup...

Bump. Please at least remove the dirt peaks and holes. It was never cool or fun and ridiculous that it’s still a mechanic (to actively grief the landscape). 

Look at he community map of Pristine for example - a lot of ugly dirt speckles on the deserts :(

• Like 2

What about including the option of a ritual at the end of a rift, requiring some extra rift creature hearts, which would fix the terrain in some sense or other?

Perhaps this might require a priest devoted to a deity representing the terrain type you want to restore. If a Fo priest does it, you get rampant plant and grass growth. A Magranon priest might conjure a sandstorm which covers the rift area in sand, and perhaps a couple lava patches if any of the rift area terrain is rock.

• Like 2

Possibly, though for the dev time put in, just removing that aspect completely would be easier I’d think. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LionIX said:

Possibly, though for the dev time put in, just removing that aspect completely would be easier I’d think. 

True, but I personally enjoy the idea of this sort of in-world interaction. It also struck me as something which would play into the cooperative theme of rifts in general, calling upon a smidge of divine mercy for the land after the trial is over.

Edited by Avaxas
  • Like 1