Sign in to follow this  
Tor

2 characters under 1 account premium subscription and name change

Pretty much, that's my next christmas wish.

Edited by Tor

Yes please

can work in a way that you cant have those chars online simultaneously, for example, so if you want to run alts in parallel to each other you still have to pay up for each of those

Edited by nekoexmachina

They just lowered the price of prem and now you want a 2 for 1 deal? that would be bad for everyone

hm

16 eur per 2 month

or 8 eur per 1 month

hmmmmmmmmmm

WjRDn37.gif

I'll get back to it once I'll figure out how exactly is 8 eur per month cheaper over 16 eur per 2 months.

(as per bulk time purchase, yea its a pretty standard thing that if you subscribe for more time, you get a bit of a discount.)

I think it'd be nice to see some more payment options for accounts under the same email. But I imagine how likely that could be is dead and buried with the cash shop.

Imagine paying the standard 16 euro for two months of your main, and getting a discount on two months for an alt under the same email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

Yes please

can work in a way that you cant have those chars online simultaneously, for example, so if you want to run alts in parallel to each other you still have to pay up for each of those

I suggested this more toward the steam release, since not really sure you can be able to run two chars in same time anyways. And the name change more towards the older players that stuck to this game past the RMT end, i bet there is alot players like me that would love to pick a name of their character. Of course there will be naysayers but majorty probably quit by now. In a time of very significant changes in the game i dont really see reason why not. Why would anyone by affected by own character name change is beyond me

8 hours ago, wipeout said:

They just lowered the price of prem and now you want a 2 for 1 deal? that would be bad for everyone

Well, if you can only log one character in at a time, then what is the difference? You can't play them in tandem, and it will take twice as long to skill both characters up.  I actually like this idea a lot.

That would mean though that just about every premium player can have both a main character and an alt priest, if they wanted, without having to pay an extra premium account... so there is that to consider from a business perspective.

I will say this though- as a player that has been buying premium time and silver from the store since I started my journey in Wurm, I have long wanted a priest alt and am trying to find a way to make one work within my budget. The OP idea would indeed be a big deal for me if it were ever to make it into the game, but there is the business of supporting Wurm that has to be considered.

Maybe a compromise would be that you could purchase an add-on to your account that allows you to have a second premium character?  Make the add-on be half the normal premium price, meaning that to premium your account you would pay 1.5x the current monthly premium rate, with no additional marks given.  And again, you could only be logged in with one character at a time.

I know players that have a priest alt, and once the character is trained up they only pay to premium the account when they have work for it to do.  If I do manage to get a priest alt, I would do the same with mine once he is skilled up under the current system.  I can say however, that if such a system were in place allowing two characters under one account such as I've put forth, I'd gladly pay the added rate monthly to keep both characters premium all the time.

Edited by Thalius

18 hours ago, Thalius said:

Well, if you can only log one character in at a time, then what is the difference? You can't play them in tandem, and it will take twice as long to skill both characters up.  I actually like this idea a lot.

That would mean though that just about every premium player can have both a main character and an alt priest, if they wanted, without having to pay an extra premium account... so there is that to consider from a business perspective.

I will say this though- as a player that has been buying premium time and silver from the store since I started my journey in Wurm, I have long wanted a priest alt and am trying to find a way to make one work within my budget. The OP idea would indeed be a big deal for me if it were ever to make it into the game, but there is the business of supporting Wurm that has to be considered.

Maybe a compromise would be that you could purchase an add-on to your account that allows you to have a second premium character?  Make the add-on be half the normal premium price, meaning that to premium your account you would pay 1.5x the current monthly premium rate, with no additional marks given.  And again, you could only be logged in with one character at a time.

I know players that have a priest alt, and once the character is trained up they only pay to premium the account when they have work for it to do.  If I do manage to get a priest alt, I would do the same with mine once he is skilled up under the current system.  I can say however, that if such a system were in place allowing two characters under one account such as I've put forth, I'd gladly pay the added rate monthly to keep both characters premium all the time.

So what you are saying is that wurm as a company should cut their prem income by half because "you can not log into the other one" like they already made year prem cheaper by a lot and now you want it halved? why stop there why not go f2p and add in a proper cash shop where we have to pay to unlock skills above 20 >.>

I pay for 3 accounts at year prem every year and 4-5 that i pay for when i need them and i am happy with the old price and im even happier with the new price  i really dont see a good valid reason to slash prices to half  it would ruin too much

1 hour ago, wipeout said:

So what you are saying is that wurm as a company should cut their prem income by half because "you can not log into the other one" like they already made year prem cheaper by a lot and now you want it halved? why stop there why not go f2p and add in a proper cash shop where we have to pay to unlock skills above 20 >.>

Not saying that at all, really. And I am perfectly comfortable with old premium price and even happier with the new.  I cannot afford multiple accounts though, as I know for certain many others cannot either.  However, as nice as having two characters under one premium account would be, I think it would be a bad move from a business perspective to go that route, even though I like the idea (who running multiple accounts would not, from a player perspective?). 

I was simply building on the sentiment set forth in the OP and proposing that perhaps there might be something to the idea of a compromise such as offering an add-on to a player account as I suggested.  Rather than having an alt ( a priest in my example since what I am saying seems to happen most often with priests), that I only premium a few times a year when I need it (which is the way I would play it under the current system as other players often do), if there were an-add on option that allowed me to do as I laid out, I'd happily do so.  I do not know the details of the numbers as the devs would as to how often priests are used in this manner.  From my perspective and experience, I'd happily pay half price each month to keep an alt "premiumed" as I set forth which would amount to 6months additional premium payments verses the two or three or four (or less if I only premiumed the character when needed for 15 days at a time with silver I scraped up in game), that I may premium an alt otherwise. 

The option for the add-on to your account should be a permanent one, meaning the two characters would be permanently linked to the one account at the 1.5x monthly premium rate, and you could only log one character in at a time.

This whole thing is a suggestion, keep in mind, and I think I've been clear that whether it has any credibility from a business perspective is for others to decide.  I just can't help but think how many other players would do the same and pay a little more each month if they had the add-on option that the OP inspired me to offer for consideration.

Edited by Thalius

I should also add that I feel it would be unfair from a business perspective to allow currently existing characters to be merged under such a system. If a player wanted a duel character account, it should perhaps be a new character added onto an existing account, not a merger of already existing, separate characters.

Edited by Thalius

16 hours ago, wipeout said:

I pay for 3 accounts at year prem every year and 4-5 that i pay for when i need them and i am happy with the old price and im even happier with the new price  i really dont see a good valid reason to slash prices to half  it would ruin too much

Zero sense, especially the first. Of course It won't be fair to pay for a service that you can't use. They pretty much cut their income by chasing people away with poor staff behavior and wrong development decision's. Are you then by your logic suggest that they should double the premium price so they can earn some more money? Or maybe with offering more attractive service increase the player count? Idk I just hope 'somone'looking outside of that boxed mindest I see for years around here.

I am glad that you do happy, but this isn't about you not me. Most likely average Joe that just trying the game won't be impressed by cheaper option on year subscription even after months of playing

1 minute ago, Tor said:

Zero sense, especially the first. Of course It won't be fair to pay for a service that you can't use. They pretty much cut their income by chasing people away with poor staff behavior and wrong development decision's. Are you then by your logic suggest that they should double the premium price so they can earn some more money? Or maybe with offering more attractive service increase the player count? Idk I just hope 'somone'looking outside of that boxed mindest I see for years around here.

I am glad that you do happy, but this isn't about you not me. Most likely average Joe that just trying the game won't be impressed by cheaper option on year subscription even after months of playing

No i am not saying they should double it it would have the same effect as people would quit paying in outrage >.>

Yes they are chasing away people with their other behaviors but halving their income wont help either the price drop they did is already generous there is no point in trying to push for cutting prem price into half at all it would be silly as hell