Sign in to follow this  
WesncIsMe

The Fox's Den [PVE] Revival | 3x Action, 10x Action

Fuschia

Fuschia has been underpopulated since it was launched and it's format didn't really work for Wurm Unlimited's current PVP landscape, so at this point and after long consideration, I will be making some major changes to the server as a whole, hopefully making it easier to get into PVP for new players and veterans alike.

The Future of Fuschia
Fuschia format is to change drastically, creating more of a pick up and play style without to much worry about losing gear from other servers and some major key changes are going to going to go in effect upon it's relaunch.

Skills and items will be entirely separate from PVE clusters, meaning you will have a different skillset on Paradise and Fuschia which leads us to some changes that will be only effective on Fuschia;

•  Skills will start at 50
  •  Starter tools will set at 60-70ql.
  •  Skill ramping will differ from Paradise/Viridian drastically to accommodate a faster playstyle.
  •  Deed upkeep will cost less however still remain to encourage deed raiding and partaking in certain events that grant money.
  •  Animal bounties will be quadrupled for a certain amount of time after server launch.
  •  Deed tax will be disabled due and will only be active on PVE servers.
  •  Monthly silver will still exist on PVP servers, however it's amount will be slightly less.
  •  Action timers will be tripled.
  •  Full player looting and raiding will remain the same on Fuschia.

Players will also be able to create portals on Paradise and Viridian to transfer to Fuschia on their own deeds and will work as such;

•  Players can create portals on their deeds to teleport to Fuschia and vice-versa.
  •  Each time a player uses a portal, they will teleport back to their last used portal unless it has been destroyed or decayed away. If there is no portal, the player will be teleported to their respective starter deed until one is created on that server.
  •  Skillsets and items are separate from PVE servers and Fuschia meaning also deeds, permissions and non-drop items will not transfer.
  •  Skills that were gained on their respective server will remain on that server until transferred back to it.
  •  Players will be able to sail to Fuschia, however items and skill sets will still be seperate.

Just as a side note, due to how Wurm's intraserver code works, I cannot make this a separate login server will still maintaining the server within the server cluster. We want to create a new experience within the cluster without taking away playerbase as a whole.

Some other noteworthy changes are as follows;

•  Randomly generated villages will pop up on the map from time to time to create some goals to raid, loot to obtain, and some revenue to gain for your deeds.  
  •  Uniques will be buffed drastically and become more of a challenge to take down.
  •  Map is subject to change and will most likely be increased to 2048x2048
  •  Player Made Kingdoms are a possibility at this point but will need some changes to their creation requirements due to lower server population.

All of these things mentioned are subject to change as launch grows closer, and suggestions aswell as constructive criticism are welcomed. I wish to create a better play experience out of Fuschia that is more appealing to a pick up and go playstyle without some of the risk involved of loosing everything you worked for on PVE servers, creating more of it's own play experience.

Let me know what you all think and I'll keep you updated on changes and progress as it happens.

Edited by WesncIsMe

Server Updates

• Monthly silver was handed out for this month and increased to 10 silver
  • All towers on every server were repaired except for Fuschia
  • All bridges on every server were repaired except for Fuschia
  • Pet Card Bundles were added; an version of the pet card that can be used multiple times however will not be put on any traders just yet as it's part of another upcoming feature.
  • Merchants can now be traded with via mailbox (And enchanted mailbox is required to be placed on their tile for this feature to work)
  • A new type of Custom Trader was added that would allow us to create different types of currency for items instead of silver. Find one at Paradise Rediscovered to see what is offered!
  • Crafters will now work properly again

Crate Trader added!

A crate trader was added at all starter cities to help players get started, however it's stock is limited and will only restock every week!

Server Updates

• Crafters will now properly work inside of mines using their own forges
  • Crafters no longer will charge you to mail items
  • Newly created crafters will have their starting skill set to 30
  • Crafter contracts now cost 25s
  • Crafter will remove donation items (for grinding their own skill) at 95ql
  • Mapdumps will now update again at a 12 hour interval
Edited by WesncIsMe

Teleport Hub

Some small changes have been made to the destinations of the teleport hub.

• Teleporting to the Event Deed is now possible for our future events deed and custom banner & wagon musem!
  • Each teleport in every start city will now teleport to the center of the Teleport hub in Paradise instead of the token of Paradise.

Other Additions

• Towers have been placed on every road to each starter city to help newer players move around and deal with mobs easier!
Edited by WesncIsMe

Server Updates

• Pet Card Bundles have been added to a special voucher merchant at each starter town.
  • A voucher merchant at each starter town has been added selling strange special items.
  • Stat ramping has changed and follows a different ramping curve now. More Details below.

Vouchers
A new voucher system has been added and works as a new currency that players can obtain from making donations, doing certain server events, slaying dragons and gaining certain achievements!
While this system is still a work in process and will have many new features added to it over time, I've included some interesting items that you can buy and use now once you get vouchers!

Buff Cards
Certain specialized items and buffs could be purchased from a 'Voucher merchant'  for vouchers at each spawn town, some of which are:
Rarity Chance Up, Bounty Increase Up, Cast Chance Up, and many more!

These buffs will only last for a certain amount of time but will offer a marked increase in an aspect for a certain amount of time.

Some items were also added such as: Source Compounds, Nametags, Tower Converter Cards and much more!

Ofcourse, there are many more to be added in the future!

Stat ramping
Skill multipliers for body, mind and soul stats have changed. Previously they scaled with the overall skill ramping modifier that was based on skill, that has now changed.

• Body Strength, Control, and Mind Speed Skill Modifier is now 2.0x at 40 skill and scales downward the higher it becomes.
  • Body Stamina Skill Modifier is now 2.6x at 40 skill and scales downward the higher it becomes.
  • Mind Logic and Mind Speed is now 3.0x at 40 skill and scales downward the higher it becomes.

Skill modifiers for all other skills still work the same and follow their previous scale

• 0 to 60 = 5.0x Skill Modifier
  • 65 to 70 = 3.5x Skill Modifier
  • 70 to 80 = 2.0x Skill Modifier
  • 80 to 90 = 1.5x Skill Modifier
  • 90 to 98 = 1.2x skill Modifier
  • Over 98+ = 1.15x Skill Modifier

The server is back up!

I apologize for the extended downtime, after some time finding a new host and life events, the server has returned! Updates will return to normal along with plans to resume Fuschia rework!

The server IP has changed and has been updated in the main post.

Server Update

• A Tool Purchaser can be found at each spawn that will buy your tools based a price and their material!
  • You can now level rock tiles just like dirt tiles.
  • Concrete now only needs 1 tile to be exposed instead of 4
  • Milkable animals will now be able to be milked every 2 hours
  • Players can now lead 4 animals instead of 2
  • Players under 20 fightskill can now repair towers.
  • There is now a portal back from the Whitelight to Viridian City
  • Monthly Silver has been handed out for the month of December.
  • A Steam auth issue was fixed and should rarely happen now

Server News

12-21-20 to 12-25-20

Livemaps operational! All live maps are working again!

Paradise: http://kkamui.xyz/wu-map/

Viridian: http://kkamui.xyz/wu-map/viridian

Fuschia: http://kkamui.xyz/wu-map/fuschia

All maps are updated every day for now to help with server performance.

Degraded Network Performance

The server has been experiencing degraded network performance and might be for a while.

My ISP lists me as in a outage area and nothing can be done to really at the this time as it is in their hands. Occasional latency and loss of internet entirely has been par for the course at this point and all I can do is restart my modem as it happens (which usually helps to a degree or outright fixes it for a certain amount of time)

I will keep you updated as much as possible.

Fuschia Server Planned Changes have been cancelled

Major reconsideration for Fuschia over the past months have made me reevaluate my stance on it and at this point I will be canceling the Fuschia plan for now, reasons why below

• PVP Servers are dependent upon medium to high player counts of dedicated players. At this time we do not have such a high playerbase to support a PVP server.
  • Massive rewrites of how portal code would be required and while this would normally be fine, I do not currently have the time to complete this in a timely manner by myself. This could change if I had help from another developer.
  • PVE Mods and changes are my main focus as that is where the main player base is currently, shifting focus entirely to a PVP server that might or might not take off could be detrimental.
  • The playerbase is very small at the moment, splitting it up further would be detrimental.

All these reasons have led me to shelf the Fuschia PVP server plan for now until we have more players or interest becomes overwhelmingly positive to the idea.

It is also yet to be determined if Fuschia as a server itself will stick around, current ideas are to change it to a hunting PVE server with an extremely high mob count or just another PVE Map to the cluster.

Thank you for understanding and I will keep everyone updated on this in the future if interest picks up again.

New suggestion forum has been added and can be found here

Merry Christmas everyone!

Server Retirement

All Wurm Unlimited servers will be taken down due to lack of interest from players and myself until further notice. If there is demand or interest in the server again, it will be put back up.

Maps and player data are not being deleted but backed up and put on a storage drive until further notice and player interest has picked up, which I think is unlikely due to the low player count for months but I can hope.

Update News

• Cerulean has launched and is now the main server! It's an entirely new map and is the main map now!
  • Players can now harvest while mounted
  • Paradise will remain up but no longer travelable so players can transfer to the new server.
  • Server Information tab was updated to reflect new links and maps

Cerulean Launched!

Cerulean has been fully launched and is now the main server! Cerulean will replace Paradise and you will not be able to travel to Paradise after 1 week time. All new players will now spawn on Cerulean instead.

Welcome!

• Map Size: 4096x4096
  • Creatures: 150k with 20% aggressive
  • Starting Skills:
    • Characteristics: 30.0
    • Mind Logic: 28.0
    • Body Control: 28.0
    • Fight Skill: 30.0
    • All Other Skills: 30.0
  • 3x Action Speed
  • 5x Starting Ramping Skill Gain Modifiers, More Info here
  • HoTA Enabled
  • No Deed Costs
  • Upkeep Costs (You start with 9 silver and get monthly stipend)
  • 8h Crops, No Crop Decay.
  • 3 day breed timers
  • Custom mods! Same As Paradise but the whole list can be found here
  • Custom Player made wagons, banners, and flags!
  • Inactive Deed Taxes
  • 38-43 Minimum Mining Hits per rock wall
  • Livemap Update every day

Server Connections

• Viridian will remain to be on the northern side of the map
  • Paradise is temporarly linked on the eastern side of the map
  • Fuschia is currently down for an extended rework but will return eventually and remain on the western side of the map.
  •  

Other Information

Over time, more starter cities will be created and added for new players to spawn at and will be added based on most traveled areas and in places we think players might find appealing to settle in.

Any accounts that are on Paradise have been moved to the starting city Paradise Rediscovered and can only teleport to Cerulean. No items in inventory will be lost.

I hope you all will join us for this new map launch!

Edited by WesncIsMe

Update Notes

• Creature count on Cerulean was reduced from 150k to 110k. This will continue to be tweaked over time.
  • White light island was created and players can now convert at it  White light island can be teleported to from the Portal at Cerulean Tides.
  • Artifacts were enabled on Cerulean. Have fun hunting them!
  • Uniques were enabled on Cerulean and will only spawn every 6 months.
  • Cerulean Tides will now properly attack aggressive creatures.

I hope you all are enjoying the new server map launch and stick with is for all the fun new features soon! (For those who don't know about Cerulean, check out the post)

Update News

• Modded ItemID Conflicts should be fixed now and be their original item from Paradise

Update News

• Vote reward amount will now properly reflect it’s message and give out 3s per vote per day.
  • Removed some debug messages when loading certain items.
  • Sleep Bonus was given out to all players as a thanks for joining!
  • Server Information tab was fixed to show the proper discord channel invite link for donation information

Server Relocation

I want to keep you all updated as much as possible but I now have a guaranteed date for server relocation which will be on the 28th of this month. The server will be down for 1-2 days after, or a week at most. No data will be lost, only the server IP will change

Taking new Developers!

Due to time constraints and working many hours outside of wurm, I am looking for some help with mod development and server admins. I would appreciate any kind of help I can get and ofcourse I will still be present to guide and also develop mods alongside my devs as much as possible.

You can find more information about it at the post: http://kkamui.xyz/forum/topic/141/developer-applications

Extra XP Weekend

This weekend will be our first Extra XP Weekend starting at June 12th 1AM to Monday 14th 1am

All modifiers will have an additional 2 added on top of them.

• 0 to 60 = 8x Skill Modifier
  • 65 to 70 = 5.5x Skill Modifier
  • 70 to 80 = 4.0x Skill Modifier
  • 80 to 90 = 3.5x Skill Modifier
  • 90 to 98 = 3.2x skill Modifier
  • Over 98+ = 3.15x Skill Modifier

Around tonight at 1am, the servers will be going down to make this change and after the XP bonus will be activated.

Edited by WesncIsMe

Update News

• Extra XP Weekend is now Active until Monday 14th at 1am
  • Rowboat speed was doubled and should be faster but may need additional tweaking
  • A donation alert was added to event.
  • Server Name skill multiplier was corrected
  • Support Tickets should now work correctly

Extra XP Weekend

This weekend will be our first Extra XP Weekend starting at June 12th 1AM to Monday 14th 1am

All modifiers will have an additional 2 added on top of them.

• 0 to 60 = 8x Skill Modifier
  • 65 to 70 = 5.5x Skill Modifier
  • 70 to 80 = 4.0x Skill Modifier
  • 80 to 90 = 3.5x Skill Modifier
  • 90 to 98 = 3.2x skill Modifier
  • Over 98+ = 3.15x Skill Modifier

Around tonight at 1am, the servers will be going down to make this change and after the XP bonus will be activated.

Upcoming Shop

I will soon be adding a new shop to the site in which players can donate to the server by buying items not normally found in-game such as spyglasses, masks, shoulder pads, and other bundles. Ofcourse, there will be events on the server in the future to obtain these items but any items bought from the shop will go directly to server costs and development.

Developer Applications

A reminder that I am taking developer applications and server admins to help with the server.
For now they are volunteer positions with the possibly of being paid in the future as the server earns more income. Any help at all is greatly appreciated

Find more information here: http://kkamui.xyz/forum/topic/141/developer-applications

Update News

• Speed of ship transporters were slightly adjusted to be faster
  • Champion rechamp delay was reduced from 3 months to 2 months IRL time.
  • GMs were given some tools to allow for champing of bugged players
  • Tile events were enabled for GMs

Update News

• Extra XP Weekend was deactivated and skill ramping values were returned to normal. This will now be a automatic process and will active every weekend on Saturday 12AM to until Monday 12AM CST (Thank you @MazzleRazz !!!)
  • Players may now farm, sow, harvest, replant, pick, and prune while mounted
  • Planter mod was updated
  • Betterfarm mod was updated

Update Schedule Changes

Due to time constraints and not having much time alongside work, I’m changing how I do updates to weekly updates instead of As-needed.

This will not reduce the amount of updates or the quality of the updates. There will also be less server shutdowns due to it being weekly updates aswell.

These is no set maintenance schedule yet but updates will be either every Monday or Friday around 1-3am or 1-2pm

Still looking for devs!

I’m still looking for server admins and developers to help out!

More info on this post here: http://kkamui.xyz/forum/topic/141/developer-applications

Update News

• Some debug messages were removed when you can’t expand buildings and receive a message that your skill is to low
  • Champions can now dig 4x past their digging skill, meaning their max is now 400 slope at 99.99 skill however there is a caveat: This applies to digging only, not flattening or leveling, for now. This will be fixed soon.
  • Stablemaster animal tokens will weigh a little less
  • DeliveryContracts mod was updated and will hopefully be a little less buggy
  • Crafter Contracts were increased to 30s each
  • Crafters will now charge a little more
  • Max trader money was tweaked on Cerulean
  • The Dyemaker won’t loose as much liquid when using it anymore
  • Maximum amount of RGB was increased when using the Dyemaker
  • Fuschia and Paradise map links was removed from the Server Information Tab as it is no longer active
  • Some info regarding Donation Info, Art Submissions, and Vote Silver reward amount was updated on the Server Information Tab to reflect current/past changes
  • Skill weekend information was added to the server information tab
  • You may no longer sail to Paradise as it no longer active as per Cerulean launch and opening. Any players that remain on Paradise will have to submit a support ticket to be transferred over to Cerulean.
  • A bug was fixed where you weren’t able to expand over or resize a building if there was a token inside

Server Relocation

As a reminder, the dates for the move are still on the 27th-28th. The server will be down for 1-2 days after, or a week at most. No data will be lost, only the server IP will change

Update News

• Area Cultivation skill requirements were lowered and new values were added. See below for new values.
  • Large anvils can now be repaired while in inventory
  • You can now plan buildings with a trowel
  • Dyemaker minimum RGB value extraction was lowered to 0
  • Dyemaker max RGB allowed in was increased to 665
  • Highway Portal mod was added to the server!
  • Crafters Mod was updated and will now have a "Crafter " as prefix before the name
  • Crafters' can now be renamed
  • Crafters' appearance can now be changed
  • CustomTrader Mod was updated
  • Server Information tab was updated with new links
  • Donation message server alert was updated to have proper link

Web Server restored!

I'm proud to say that the web server is fully restored at this point but I still have alot of work to do such as rewriting some knowledge base articles. I apologize for the period where there was no live map, it took some time to try and go through my options of getting past the data corruption but in the end, a full format was the only option. All is well now and I'll start working on Wurm Unlimited updates regularly again along side the Minecraft server!

Better Farm Changes

All values for cultivation were lowered to make it easier for players to cultivate an area en masse

• 30 skill 3x3 area
  • 40 skill: 5x5 area
  • 50 skill: 7x7 area
  • 70 skill: 9x9 area
  • 80 skill: 11x11 area
  • 90 skill: 13x13 area

Highway Portals Mod

Highway Portals are Player craftable portals that allow teleporting between deeds on the same highway network.

• Start by crafting an Inactive town portal (mortar+marble brick to start).
  • Place the portal on your deed, right click it and activate.
  • You can teleport to other villages with portals that are part of the same highway network if either…
  • That village has “Highway routing” enabled in settings. (Portals in villages with this setting are considered public and anyone can teleport to them).
  • You are a citizen of the village.
  • You have “pass gates” permission in the village.

Rules

• Portals need to be at least 10 QL to work.
  • Portals can only be activated on deed that you own or are allowed to manage.
  • Portals must be placed on a relatively flat ground and outside buildings.
  • Portals can’t be placed on bridges.
  • Only 1 portal can be active in a village.
  • You can drag items and lead animals through portals.
  • You can go through a portal riding a vehicle or mount, but you will be dismounted. The mount/vehicle will teleport with you but you’ll have to remount.
  • Passengers will be removed from vehicles when teleporting and will have to teleport manually to follow.

I am currently looking for GMs and CMs to help with server moderation!

Chat Moderator Applications

We are currently looking for active players to help with in-game chat moderation and forum moderator of the Wurm Unlimited section.

This position has the opportunity to split off into other roles and responsibilities on the server.

Requirements

• Be active on the server with atleast 1 to 2 days of in-game /playtime
  • Be knowledgeable of our rules and server features in order to help and assist as much as possible with in-game issues and new players

What we expect of our Chat Moderators

While we are somewhat relaxed with our rules on this server and just expect everyone to get along, we do expect our CMs to handle things professionally.

• Watch for proper use of chat channels in-game and discord
  • Maintain good communication with the team
  • Warn players if they break rules in chat or use offensive language
  • Mute players accordingly if repeated rule breaking offensives
  • Alert the GM team of repeated offenders of chat breaking rules

What will happen if you are accepted

After you are accepted, we will go through the process of training you as a Chat Moderator and how to use commands to help you.

• We will show you how to use some common CM commands to use in chat
  • We will show you how to mute players and warn them.

We don't expect anyone to spend their whole life on the server or dedicate everything to it, but maintaining some presence and regular help is greatly appreciated and will consider you for more positions on the server in the future if you show interest.

How to Apply

To apply please send a PM to Katie on the forums or email to Katie using the following template to make the application process as smooth as possible.

Name (In-game Name):
Timezone: 
Have you moderated in any server or game before?(No Experience is fine!):
What would make you a good part of the team?: 

Please keep in mind, this is solely a volunteer position at the moment and we can not offer any type of payment at this current time. We can however offer additional benefit to your player account in-game and give certain perks only available to those of the Wurm Unlimited team

Gamemaster Applications

We are currently looking for active GMs to help with in-game management and forum moderator of the Wurm Unlimited section.

This position has the opportunity to split off into other roles and responsibilities on the server.

Requirements

• Be active on the server with atleast 1 to 2 days of in-game /playtime
  • Be knowledgeable of our rules and server features in order to help and assist as much as possible with in-game issues and new players

We don't require you to have any GM or Moderation experience prior to this

What we expect of our GMs

While we are somewhat relaxed with our rules on this server and just expect everyone to get along, we do expect our GMs to handle things professionally.

• Be receptive to changes internally to how we expect our GMs to handle issues and duties
  • Maintain good communication with the team
  • Write posts/threads within the GM Forums on GM Cases and Issues that you have taken actions for to keep the team updated.
  • Have good problem-solving skills
  • Be receptive to input/constructive criticism from the Head GM
  • Be completely unbiased in any player issue that may pop up

What will happen if you are accepted

After you are accepted, we will go through the process of training you as a GM and how to use the tools that GMs use in-game.

• You will be set to a GM level 1-2 for a trial period of 1-2 weeks while we train you
  • We will show you how to use some common GM commands in-game
  • We will show you how to use GM tools and how to do player look-up
  • We will show you our processes for dealing with certain cases and how to go about solving the issue
  • We believe that every player should be given a fair chance so we will show you how to write cases for GM Issues so every GM Team member may input
  • We will show you how to use the forums and how to write cases and report bugs to Developers

We don't expect anyone to spend their whole life on the server or dedicate everything to it, but maintaining some presence and regular help is greatly appreciated and will consider you for more positions on the server in the future if you show interest.

How to Apply

To apply please send a PM to Katie on the forums or email to Katie using the following template to make the application process as smooth as possible.

Name (In-game Name):
Timezone: 
Have you moderated or been a GM in any server or game before?(No Experience is fine!):
What would make you a good part of the team?: 

Please keep in mind, this is solely a volunteer position at the moment and we can not offer any type of payment at this current time. We can however offer additional benefit to your player account in-game and give certain perks only available to those of the Wurm Unlimited team

Update News

• Added Mthec's Banker and BeastSummoner NPCs to each starter town.
  • BuyerMerchant and CustomTrader mod was updated to fix some compatibility issues between mods
  • Voting Silver was decreased to 1 silver for now to help stabilize the economy and encourage hunting more through bounties
  • Bounties for the following creature modifier types were increased to 1.9% the normal rate: Greenish, Raging, and Fierce
  • Bounties for the following creature modifier types were increased to 2.0% the normal rate: Champions
  • Dragon scale and drake hide gained when dragons are killed was decreased slightly
  • Rift Crystals, plants and trees will be a little more abundant but still a rare commodity
  • Rift Creatures will now spawn but this may be disabled in the future if they prove too difficult for newer players or too abundant
  • Some bugged items were removed from traders and will no longer spawn with those items

Banker NPCs added

This new NPC that can manage bank accounts remotely. As well as the usual Manage/Withdraw options you get a deed token, you can also use the "Move account" option to move your bank account to other villages, with the same requirements, without visiting the actual village.

Players can also bribe the NPC to move banks instantly for a price.

BeastSummoner NPC

This new NPC will offer creature spawning services to players and provide new players with a faster mount than one found in the wild which can only be redeemed once.

Community Assistants needed!

We are currently looking for a Community Assistants to help answer questions for newer players. If you enjoy helping people then this is for you!

Take a look at the following forum post: http://kkamui.xyz/forum/topic/38/community-assistants-applications-open

Guard Tower Initiative

I will be hosting a new event called the Guard Tower Initiative which will reward players for building guard towers along main highways, roads, and villages.

You can see more info about the event in the thread

Update News

These changes only apply to Viridian

• Rift creatures will no longer spawn on Viridian
  • Rift Plants, Crystals, trees and stones spawns were reduced greatly on Viridian. This is to increase incentive to hunt for them on Cerulean

Update News

• Max Creatures on Cerulean was increased from 110000 to 113000
  • Default player combat rating was decreased from 1.25 to 1.10 which will make fighting mobs a little harder
  • WalkerInTheVoid's Sacrifice Mod was added to the server. The chance is a bit high right now and will be configured downward later based on input and testing
  • Ago's Bag Of Holding mod spell was added to the server
  • Clay will now dig 5 for every single action (10kg per dig = 5 clay)
  • Banker & Beast Summoner mods were updated and were are now usable
  • Some information in the Server Info tab was fixed to use proper links

Thanks @Toular for the suggestions!

KarmaActions Revival & Recode

A couple of years ago I had created a mod that would allow for karma to be gained by burying corpses and several other actions, however it was abandoned at the time because bigger projects such as the Champion System rework.

However, now seems a great time to bring this project back and expand on it! I will be writing this mod from scratch to work better with new Wurm Unlimited versions and create some new incentives and ways to gain karma.

I also want to tie this into the Champion system but how is not certain yet.

If you have any ideas on for ways you'd like to gain karma, let me know!

Update News

• Paradise is being reintroduced back into the cluster as a map you can travel to. Cerulean will remain the main server and center map.
  • Rare bones are more likely to be obtained from sacrificing.
  • Karma can now be obtained by burying corpses. Champions will obtain a slight bonus to karma gained from this action.
  • Bag of holding spell effectiveness was reduced greatly as it was way to powerful for very small casts.
  • Bag of holding spell had it's spell difficulty increased.
  • Minipet eggs were spawned on the server. Start roaming to find them!
  • Some starter tools were given to new players at 10ql, this should have been 30 and all new players after this change will now receive 30ql starter tools as intended. Please submit a /support ticket to receive these tools if you did not start at 30ql
  • New players will start with 2x ropes at 50ql instead of 1 at 30ql now.
  • New players will now start with 30ql toolbelts.
  • New players will now start with a chisel at 30ql.
  • New players will now start with 5x 10ql cotton.
  • Distant Rendering mod was added to the server. Clients will need to install the client mod for this to work aswell!!!

Paradise Reintroduction

Paradise is being reintroduced back into the cluster as a map you can travel to, however, Cerulean will remain the main server and center map.

For those that don't remember or new the server, I'll list below Paradise's stats

• 2048x2048 with 3 starter deeds in all corners of the map.
  • 35k Mob count at 10% aggressives
  • Free deeding.
  • Upkeep enabled with deed taxes for inactive deeds, just like Cerulean.
  • Dirt layer 40-60 dirt in most areas
  • Ores are more dense than Cerulean. You will find ores very abundant.
  • Terrain is a more treacherous then Cerulean with lots of slopes.
  • Map is very unpopulated with only a couple of deeds remaining from when it was shut down a couple of months ago.
  • Paradise's default CR is 0 meaning mobs will be much harder then Cerulean but not by much if you have 50 fighting.

Everything is the same as Cerulean from there from skill timers, skill ramping, farming and breeding timers. It's all the same.

You will be able to travel to this map by boat by traveling east on Cerulean or using the portal at Cerulean Tides and Viridian City.

Keep in mind that Paradise is an already established map as it was the original map from 2018 used up until Cerulean was released a couple of months ago. It has infrastructure and old deeds, but we still encourage players to explore and deed on this map aswell!

Fuschia revival

I'm looking into reviving Fuschia into the cluster again. I want to do this before my vacation but I'm not sure that timeline is realistic as it may require more tweaking to the map itself.

Details at this time are uncertain as I'm still generating the map but it's size will either be 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 depending on feedback and what the players want to see in a new map.

At this time, I'm also open to accepting maps that you've generated! PM me if you are interested and I'll work with you to test the map before it's release on the cluster!

Animal Pathfinding Fixes incoming

@Mazzlerazz is currently looking into animal pathfinding bugs. We want to tackle mobs getting onto highslopes and just unable to path off of them aswell as getting stuck on slopes with water nearby. We've tracked down the root issue, it will just take some time to get this fully tweaked and fixed as it is a very long standing Wurm bug.

Distant Rendering for Wurm Unlimited

This mod requires Ago's client modloader that can be downloaded from GitHub

Simply put this mod into your Wurm Unlimited client mod folder like any other mod. This mod only works on servers that are using the server side mod that improves the distant terrain generation.

The client side mod can be found at the following URL: https://gitlab.com/Dominikk/wu-sklotopolis-client-distantrendering-pub/-/releases

And with that, this will be the final update before my vacation on the 10th. I will resume updates after the 19th with new features, bug fixes and the usual.