Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Allow players to chose tomes/cherries from mark shop

As the title implies my proposition is to allow us what to chose. I'd also expa nd on it a bit. 

1. Put all valrei related items in the shop.

2. Create drop down list for player to buy first item he wants. Example Green cherry , 1 charge 42 k marks.

3. Next valrei item he chooses will be 3000 marks more expensive. Green cherry is greyed out. Say he wants to buy scroll of binding 45 k marks. Smoke of sol next? 48 k marks.

4. Pros? CCAR makes more money.

5. Players get the items they want, not another RNG fest.  Wurm has enough RNG fests as it is. 

6. Avoid the mark/tome shop looking like a lootbox situation. Lootboxes are banned in certain countries.

7. If player has consumed an item before the mark shop opened (e.g. blood of angels) that item will be greyed out. 

8. Make all valrei items that are bought specifically from the shop to be player bound, non tradeable. You buy it for yourself. Avoid exploits to sell it for RL money out of game. 

Feedback? 

• Like 2

sorry, have to disagree. 

Firstly, this is not a loot box, as you dont pay for it, theres no way directly buying marks. you just get fixed amount of them as you buy premium as a loyalty reward.

Secondly, putting all tomes in there for 41k marks to start and adding the ability to choose the one you want is daft, sorry, as everyone would be getting smoke of sol. period. Random reward makes in game trade, you got something you dont need, other player got some he doesnt too, you trade in between as you might need what he got and via versa. Once again, making any items bound to character just further destroys any in game trading possible. This is open world mmo, not a single player game.

Lastly, everything is based on RNG, i agree, sometimes it really 🤬, but if there were no RNG everyone would be stereotypical characters, as RNG makes you work around in a way you have to build up your character with what you have and what you get. 

Getting my last 3 tomes would be nice with a option like that, but it still, it needs to stay random, for various reasons.

Besides if it were specific tome you get, the cost should be 3 times higher at least. 

Even the worst tomes were around 1-1,5 gold not long ago.. Smoke was 4,5g to 6g iirc. Althought times were different back then. 

Sidenote to devs: tomes should be removed from PvP side of things, tweak them to PvE. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

Sidenote to devs: tomes should be removed from PvP side of things, tweak them to PvE. 

No they shouldnt. They give you an edge over the opponent that you cannot loose unlike items, that is in my opinion a huge  reason why ppl dont pvp to start with, but thats another topic...

Edited by Skatyna

1. Firstly, this is not a loot box, as you dont pay for it, theres no way directly buying marks. you just get fixed amount of them as you buy premium as a loyalty reward.

I would have to disagree on that. From the dev post I quote this

• Every purchase of premium time will award our new loyalty currency "Marks"
  • The following amounts will be awarded for each premium type:
    • 15 days from token: 1000
    • 20 days from referral: 1500
    • 30 days from token: 3000
    • 30 days from shop: 4500
  • Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
  • Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus

Marks can be purchased by purchasing premium. There is a direct way. Quite direct I would say. 

2.  Once again, making any items bound to character just further destroys any in game trading possible. This is open world mmo, not a single player game.

I'm sorry to say this but right now at this point there are dozens, if not hundreds of industrious players with many alts spanning 100ks marks that will buy those tomes and sell them for RL cash. Making tomes soulbound achieves two things that are positive for the devs and players. It shows that money that can be traded in game stays in game, thus benefiting the economy, and not taking it out of the game (paypal trades for example). It also avoid the scenario where tomes and stuff will be commonplace for a while and thus highly devalued. 

It doesn't destroy any in game trading. It's just a reality that they should be Loyalty Rewards per character and not a way to make more RL money before people quit the game. If anything, greed has been the general atmosphere around here. Want to know what really kills a market in the long run? Greed. We have quite a few market crashes in our own history due to greed. Difference is Wurm can impose certain policies to curb that attitude. One of them is simply to actually treat loyalty rewards as they should be. Per character. 

You can still get tomes and stuff from unique kills, even if that is sometimes exploited in the game. That's another conversation for another topic. 

4 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Firstly, this is not a loot box, as you dont pay for it, theres no way directly buying marks. you just get fixed amount of them as you buy premium as a loyalty reward.

Youre wrong. You get 20 marks per silver you buy in the shop. 

13 hours ago, Themystrix said:

Besides if it were specific tome you get, the cost should be 3 times higher at least. 

Even the worst tomes were around 1-1,5 gold not long ago.. Smoke was 4,5g to 6g iirc. Althought times were different back then.

That has everything to do with pve players consistently throwing way too much money at anything that's new and rare, take the fantastic bone that sold for 750e for example.  Pve was absolutely flooded with tomes, far more than epic could dream of and yet the price of tomes on pve at their worst is practically the same as the price of tomes on epic at their best.  There is NO reason a tome that makes you take 0.1 dmg less from firepillars at rifts and a non-unique title should ever have had a market driven price of 100e or more

16 hours ago, elentari said:

Wurm has enough RNG fests as it is. 

100% true and something that really needs attention before the Steam launch.

I can't explain why certain tomes and valrei items are so highly value either on freedom. Perhaps due to giving you titles and (pointless resistances) permanent buffs. But outside of PvP tomes are really useless. Smoke of sol, blood of angels and slime are the worthwhile ones but those are really pvp focused.

I get them being valued so highly for PvP players, but for pve purposes I can't see why they would be worth 100+ Eur even today and share gary's sentiment.

In any case, I digress.

I'm simply looking at a situation where players that want to take advantage of the still allowed RMT will use their current Marks to buy whatever tomes they can right now, sell em for RL $ then cash out of wurm. Everything bought in the game shop should only affect your character.  Tomes especially.

Vanity items excluded, I don't care much for shields or magic chests, although you can buy those from traders and/or players as well.

This is a tough one. Personally I upped two years in an attempt at getting the black tome but was unsuccessful. I love the flavor of sorcery in Wurm because I love character building in games like this.

For me it’s more about having that cool title to validate the direction I took my character in, but also I love game mechanics that you can mix and match resistances and weakness to get a net gain (for the most part) that fits my character RP.

I hate gambling but I really liked the idea of getting that tome I wanted so I figured two years of Wurm I wouldn’t actually be losing anything but it would be really easy for someone like me to just up their premium time (for a year) to pick out their sorcery choices and be done with it.

No. There was already too many tomes when personal goals turned to nothing and every alt and its dog had a tome. 

Its already tooo easy to get tomes. Far too easy. If you dont want to risk your money with lootboxes, just buy tomes from players, there's still plenty of them. 

On 2/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, Alkhadias said:

No. There was already too many tomes when personal goals turned to nothing and every alt and its dog had a tome. 

Its already tooo easy to get tomes. Far too easy. If you dont want to risk your money with lootboxes, just buy tomes from players, there's still plenty of them. 

Very easy to complete the non existant personal goals yeah. :P