Sign in to follow this  
Arimus

[No Bug] Forge cooking inconsistency for single fish/veg

Fried meat (meat in a frying pan) can be cooked in a forge.  However attempting to use lore on an individual fish, fish fillet, or vegetable in a frying pan results in the message "The ingredients in the frying pan would make a grilled perch when cooked in a different cooker." 

Meals (whether meat and veg or fish and veg) can all be cooked in the forge. 

Is not allowing the forge to cook fish in a pan by design? (Seems like fishing and foraging are easier to get at early levels versus meat from hunting) 

Forge has many intended disadvantages over an oven, else there really is zero point at all in making an oven.

Very often you can cook these items in a campfire if you are having a hard time collecting enough clay and bricks for an oven as well as a forge. 

(I think for fish/meat, I usually used Wrap command on fish & meat to get Steamed edible versions -- which is actually easier for new players as if they have problems obtaining stone bricks, they probably also have problems accessing iron for a frypan. Been a while though since I did some entry level new player cooking beyond Bowl + Single Item = Breakfast...)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

There are different cookers used for different recipes as well as different containers.  If you open your recipe list you can see by the starter recipes provided that some can be cooked in an oven, forge or campfire while others can only be cooked in certain cookers.

Thanks Alectrys. I just mentioned it because the choice of cooker isn't consistent for fish. If that is by design then no worries. I just thought that I would bring it up in case it was an oversight. 

Thanks for your response.