Sign in to follow this  
Dirt

Channeling Grind

With all the priest changes recently does anyone have ideas on what will be the best channeling grind strategy going forward? Chopped veg and Dirt still seems to be viable but I'd like to get peoples opinions. The thought of going back making rope or locks with RNG makes me want to cry.

Dirk

Edited by Dirt

get a priest and 3 battery priests, link their favour to main priest and you can basically cast aosp non stop to grind channelling with no saccables at all. 

3 hours ago, Skatyna said:

get a priest and 3 battery priests, link their favour to main priest and you can basically cast aosp non stop to grind channelling with no saccables at all. 

This strategy will be insanely harder now that there's no player gods. Now you need to have 4x the same priest deity to do something like this. Kinda throws a wrench on a lot of strategies, doesn't it?

As a Fo, strategy is simple...  light tokens, sac for favor, light tokens, sac for favor

2 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

As a Fo, strategy is simple...  light tokens, sac for favor, light tokens, sac for favor

Fo...  Fo doesn't have light token.

• Like 1

copy and pasted from a pm i had from someone asking about how i grinded gau to 99

On 1/24/2020 at 8:36 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

way i did it was using sermon alts, we'd grind them to 30 faith before buying them prem, and then we'd have a full month of use of them for sermons+links for 2s/each.

Links let you use their favor, add 3 diff to the spell and you can have 1+channeling/10 links in total. with a bunch of linked priests you can cast spells non-stop without sacrificing or waiting for favor. even just 1 link lets you sacrifice for favor while the main casts, but i prefer to just get more accounts, save money on saccing materials that way.

for the actual grinding part, for fo you'd want to use morning fog until about 30 channeling, acid protection until 50, dirt until 70 then lurker as long as you want. with each link adding +3 diff, if you're using as many links as you can you'd add 20 to each of those maxes, so 50 morning fog 70 acid protection 90 dirt lurker to 100

you can suffer through diminishing skillgain with acid protection till about 80 then swap straight to lurker spells if you find waiting for favor to cast dirt occasionally is annoying, dirts nice coz can always sell it to buy saccing materials later but its not the most efficient grinding spell. lurker is non-stop casting until about 95ish channelling with 10 links but after then you start succeeding the cast enough to use favor faster than you can regen it. making favor to grind will drive you nuts, as will spending fortunes on low ql gems. sermon alt links are the way if you're planning on grinding

for other gods, easy way to find grinding spells is you want their diff to be close to channeling - 10 diff for the most part. going over 20 away from this point starts to drop skillgain. you want the spell to be as cost effective as possible, with the favor cost being either equal or lower than the time spent casting, but not over 30 seconds as anything over 30 seconds does not give skillgain. elemenal protection spells,lurker spells, courier, morning fog/light token are all great grinding spells depending on your current channeling. keeping alignment and altar ql low for grinding is good too as it lowers your average cast so you can stick with the lower diff spells for longer.

Vynora has 10% skillgain which is good but Libila has 10% favor regen so if you're grinding these are the 2 best options, lib gets her bonus at 30 so even the sermon/link alts will have it the second they priest, and this 10% bonus combined with ccfp regen bonus and 10 links is enough to cast lurker spells non-stop all the way to 100 skill if you desire.

• Like 5

On 2/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, Angelklaine said:

This strategy will be insanely harder now that there's no player gods. Now you need to have 4x the same priest deity to do something like this. Kinda throws a wrench on a lot of strategies, doesn't it?

And even harder for lib on freedom to get 100 faith.  Very good point you made.

As someone who has only recently begun dabbling with a priest, does anyone have suggestions for a Vynora strategy?

On 2/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Fo...  Fo doesn't have light token.

I got my WU mixed up with my WO, lol.

5 hours ago, Beanbag said:

As someone who has only recently begun dabbling with a priest, does anyone have suggestions for a Vynora strategy?

Start with Oppulence to like 50 or as high as you can tolerate it, then start casting enchants or do vessel if you got the money or gems. Vesseling is best but most expensive. Vynora are not easy to level. Most people would go Fo and do dirt till 90 and then swap faith.

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Start with Oppulence to like 50 or as high as you can tolerate it, then start casting enchants or do vessel if you got the money or gems. Vesseling is best but most expensive. Vynora are not easy to level. Most people would go Fo and do dirt till 90 and then swap faith.

I like casting lurker. Three pendulums, cast every time my favor hits 30. Another is wahtever protection on ring or necklace. Much cheaper than vesseling. Skillgain.. eh. Better than something like coc or woa, since the favor regens so much quicker.

4 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

I like casting lurker. Three pendulums, cast every time my favor hits 30. Another is wahtever protection on ring or necklace. Much cheaper than vesseling. Skillgain.. eh. Better than something like coc or woa, since the favor regens so much quicker.

Thats if you only use natural favor regeneration. When doing grinds though, you want the right difficulty. Channel grinds don't rely on natural favor regen. I guess it depends on what matters to you more.

53 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Thats if you only use natural favor regeneration. When doing grinds though, you want the right difficulty. Channel grinds don't rely on natural favor regen. I guess it depends on what matters to you more.

I find Opulence too slow at 44 channeling, and is using Excel instead, is that a bad choice? I find vesseling to be a waste of time before 50+.

6 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

I find Opulence too slow at 44 channeling, and is using Excel instead, is that a bad choice? I find vesseling to be a waste of time before 50+.

Its a matter of preference. Excel is a good choice but uses double the favor of opulence so some prefer opulence due to the amount of times it can be casted. It is easier on favor vs not that much less skill gain. Excel is an alternative if all you care for is raw skill. You're good.

For low and mid-level channeling, try the new "protection" spells, such as Fire protection.  They have a 30 second cast, so larger skill ticks.