Sign in to follow this  
neopherus

Some animals show wrong health tag on mouseover

Hi!

My new pooch had a run-in with a croc on our way home. Got it bandaged up but even at 0dmg, it still has the tag (Healthy) at mouseover. See image.

I also heard about a rift monster that also had the wrong mouseover:

[14:13:02] <Telurius> Now that you mention it, I saw a rift monster with the wrong overall health in its mouseover a while back (near full health, yet showing as bleeding). There might be some bug in those updating.

Devs might wanna look into this :) 

Ao2T38w.png

Edited by neopherus

We used to get this a lot with diseased horses, even after curing with humid drizzle  they sometimes would keep the status till a relog.

It's simply a caching issue, in order to not bog down gameplay, not all minor visual things  are updated instantly.

You can also get the same issue sometimes with aggressive/passive status, if you are Fo.  Similar even with snow on the ground, between season changes, One character might see "winter" and an alt that just logged in might see "sping", grass with no snow.   Also with ages -- if a horse had just aged up to Mature, it might show one age on mouseover, and a different age if you "intereacted" with it (examine, leading, riding, fighting, etc)  If you relog, it will show the newly updated status. It might even update if you embark/disembark a vehicle, or enter/exit a mine, I forget now what things update the visual mouseover cache.  It's been this way as long as I have been playing Wurm (close to 10 years), less of a "bug" than just a minor display issue. Supposedly "fixing" it would destroy the optimization benefit of caching, so devs likely had to choose between best performance, and minor visual ithings like this.

Or -- it could also be a rounding error, if the health was "more than 0 but less than 1", such as 0.000054 health. But my guess is caching and a relog will "update" the info.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

5 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

We used to get this a lot with diseased horses, even after curing they would keep the status till a relog. Similar even with snow on the ground, between season changes, One character might see "winter" and an alt that just logged in might see "sping", grass with no snow. 

It's simply a caching issue, in order to not bog down gameplay, not all minor visual things  are updated instantly. You can also get the same issue sometimes with aggressive/passive status, if you are Fo.  Also with ages -- if a horse had just aged up to Mature, it might show one age on mouseover, and a different age if you "intereacted" with it (examine, leading, riding, fighting, etc)  If you relog, it will show the newly updated status. It might even update if you embark/disembark a vehicle, or enter/exit a mine, I forget now what things update the visual mouseover cache.  It's been this way as long as I have been playing Wurm (close to 10 years), less of a "bug" than just a minor display issue. Supposedly "fixing" it would destroy the optimization benefit of caching, so devs likely had to choose between best performance, and minor visual ithings like this.

Or -- it could also be a rounding error, if the health was "more than 0 but less than 1", such as 0.000054 health.

It is indeed a rounding error it seems. Relogging one toon fixed it for that toon. Could be looked at though.

The rift casters and summoners do hold onto the last health bar you had while fighting them if they port to safety, when you re-engage them you have to clear the target bar.