Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

The Future of RMT in Wurm and Price Reductions

Its more expensive to buy the bundle with 2 months + 15 silver than it is to buy 2 months, 10 silver and 5 silver alone.

Edit:

For those lazy:

2months pemium + 15 silver = 37,99euro

2 months = 15,99euro

5 silver = 6,49euro

10 silver = 12,99euro

Sum = 35,47euro

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, Nordlys said:

Its more expensive to buy the bundle with 2 months + 15 silver than it is to buy 2 months, 10 silver and 5 silver alone.

Edit:

For those lazy:

2months pemium + 15 silver = 37,99euro

2 months = 15,99euro

5 silver = 6,49euro

10 silver = 12,99euro

Sum = 35,47euro

wogic \o/

I've always been a bit of a fan of the RMT system. It allowed me to do things I otherwise never would have been able to. Thank you to Wurm for allowing it all this time. Without RMT, stuff like this would never have happened. For example, years ago a player was inbetween jobs and was a bit strapped for cash. That person being a graphic artist, was able to create this work of art for a few bucks so they could get by until new work was found.

Spoiler

gumbo-FINAL.jpg

The corresponding video of the creation is here, if anyone would like to watch a graphic artist at work. It's pretty good. She said how much trubil it was to recreate the horse, which can be seen during a scrub of it. Video of the Weaponsmith

Another time a couple in the alliance, with a special needs child, were looking to get a bit of extra coin to help them out there. The alliance, and many other Wurm players put up goods to be auctioned off. Afterwards, a cut of the proceeds was given to the couple in silvers, later changed to RMT. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for allowing people the opportunity to do helpful like this as well, I shall miss it a little bit.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gumbo said:

I've always been a bit of a fan of the RMT system. It allowed me to do things I otherwise never would have been able to. Thank you to Wurm for allowing it all this time. Without RMT, stuff like this would never have happened. For example, years ago a player was inbetween jobs and was a bit strapped for cash. That person being a graphic artist, was able to create this work of art for a few bucks so they could get by until new work was found.

I mean, they would still be able to create art and sell it, even if based on things from Wurm. The only thing not allowed is the sale of in-game items, characters, deeds, etc. for real money. Art they produce is not located within the game and therefore allowed to be sold for cash lol

Edited by Jore
clarification

22 minutes ago, Jore said:

I mean, they would still be able to create art and sell it, even if based on things from Wurm. The only thing not allowed is the sale of in-game items, characters, deeds, etc. for real money. Art they produce is not located within the game and therefore allowed to be sold lol

I believe all trades for real money will be stopped, but I will tag @Retrograde in this post for clarification.

10 hours ago, Gumbo said:

Without RMT, stuff like this would never have happened. For example, years ago a player was inbetween jobs and was a bit strapped for cash. That person being a graphic artist, was able to create this work of art for a few bucks so they could get by until new work was found.

I believe we shared the same artist for the same reasons. And yes, RMT was a good thing for people with low income in poor countries.

Spoiler

te0HRhz.jpg

I also wanted to share a few more pics of Midgard done by Boombza. Another artist we lost along many others for different reasons... but still a loss for the community. Community is what ties the game together... Wurm DNA be it traders, RMT, account sharings, selling used to be what kept the community together as well... including the fact we could help each others... and more than one charity sales were done to help some of our players in need.

Spoiler

ud6jGx8.jpg

qigjCfr.jpg

LuISdGz.jpg

cG9MvEh.jpg

43 minutes ago, Jore said:

I mean, they would still be able to create art and sell it, even if based on things from Wurm. The only thing not allowed is the sale of in-game items, characters, deeds, etc. for real money.

Trouble is : those players already left due to all the changes that happened. The main interest for me was sharing things with the wonderful community full of artist and creative people we once had. No RMT means no longuer sharing their skills on the forum, offering their services for PMK stuff design, artworks like profile pictures and the like. And I won't even mention the sillyness of being paid for real work in fake virtual money (because that's exactly what silvers will be!).

They are some beautiful shots, and I cannot forget rosedragons version of a little blob smithing away. 

Commissioning art for RL money based on wurm unfortunately not possible. Commission work must be outside of Wurm payment. 

Edited by Retrograde
Incorrect info

This is stupid. If devs wants grab some more money on this game, pls think some cleaver. Ppl will be always sell silver out of wurm it they want, this only complicate it. Many play here only for trade and I hope  y dont want ban players fot that. maybe will be better revome devs who do that last brutal changes.

35 minutes ago, ftoz said:

This is stupid. If devs wants grab some more money on this game, pls think some cleaver.

4cPqXjr.jpg

• Like 13

I have not read all the posts here but seems like a lot of changes are going on. I have not been around for almost two years and wanted to check in and am finding all this..  

Something that needs to be clarified with this RMT. 

Because I am sure one day someone will try.    Points over to a little thing called Bitcoin.

Edited by gorgian

That counts as RMT and is disallowed. 

Absolutely any trade of silver, goods or services for anything out of game or trade of any account whatsoever is disallowed

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That counts as RMT and is disallowed. 

Absolutely any trade of silver, goods or services for anything out of game or trade of any account whatsoever is disallowed

What about Crypto coins?

13 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

What about Crypto coins?

Highly doubt it. ”for anything out game”

So not even s***** services, damnit....

17 minutes ago, Sharkin said:

Highly doubt it. ”for anything out game”

So not even s***** services, damnit....

Which obviously brings me to the next question:

I am offering to mow your lawn for a long sword

I know there is a small population here so this probably will not matter any but this might cause profesional gold farmers to come in especially if it hits Steam and is successful.. idk

^^Why would gold farmers come now that they can't make any money in the game? 

1 hour ago, NeeNee said:

^^Why would gold farmers come now that they can't make any money in the game? 

I have been gone for two years so I have no idea on how things work now but if you can make any silver at all in-game and then sell it on a black market they would. Now like I said this is so small of a game for them to worry about it I am sure but if it gets popular that might change.. idk 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:08 AM, Retrograde said:

No.

Accounts cannot be traded, given, transferred or anything, for any reason 

Dang.  When I read the announcement, I thought it was limited to someone who might be on your will i.e. someone who might live within 0.5 miles of your IP address.  I was considering buying someone's auxiliary digger based off of something about limited circumstances in the announcement.  Can't even will someone the account in the disadvantageous event of dying, that kind of sucks.  Valve kind of sucks now doesn't it?

The issue with RMT

Player A who grinds making items and sells for RWM gets this money from other players.

Player B,C,D,E,F buy there coin from CC on the Store this money goes in to development money cause CC recives the money.

Player G,H,I,J,K buy there coin from other players for RWMT Player L,M,N,O who are selling silver gets money CC gets 0 funds.

These sellers sell coin cheaper than CC so they sell more often than CC. Once money enters game it no longer funds CC for development.
When you use coin in game to pay for your monthly sub or deed upkeep it does not fund CC for development.

The only coin that funds CC development is coin bought from online store or subs bought from the online store. Nothing else funds WO development.

WO doesn't have DLC so no money there. There is no item cash shop so no money there. Only income is from sub's and coin sales.

This is the main reason RMT for players needs to go. It hurts the development. This is another over due change that has been needed.

Additional changes that need to be done for CC to help funding is rethinking one of the changes they done with WU.

WU is the best way to earn development money for WO by making furniture sets and stuff that I was doing on Foreverlands. This was one of the main reasons I never gave my stuff to mods. I wanted CC to see that WU was it's own entity which the stuff I did
would work for WU as DLC a fund they could do on the side to fund WO so nothing had to make since or match a theme of WO.

As far As I know I'm the only one who ever made new models and put them in WU. Other people could only change textures.

I added 2 new oval rugs, short dresser, picture frames, curtains, bed, table, barrel, and a new counter and top shelf, animal trophy head plaques, 
and was getting ready to add full stuffed animal trophys with the taxidermy skill I added in. No one else as far as I've seen is able to so this is a fund CC could keep doing to WU to make additional funds for WO.

On one hand I hear changes are so CC can make money on other we love development money is not important.
All I can say is I'll never go hunting with you guys cause you shoot your self in the foot to much and I like my feet just the way they are.

I might have stepped away from WU an never shared my stuff  but someone with my abilities will come in time and share there abilities with WU.

Steam is a DLC candy Land just ask all the developers who do DLC.

• Like 4

Just curious where we stand with the account sharing rule? Any update on that on when and how it's going to take effect? I know we received a draft but just curious on the actual ruling or is this still being debated beside the scenes or is it going to be ninja'd in to remove some accounts?

30 minutes ago, user said:

Just curious where we stand with the account sharing rule? Any update on that on when and how it's going to take effect? I know we received a draft but just curious on the actual ruling or is this still being debated beside the scenes or is it going to be ninja'd in to remove some accounts?

It's the law now. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

It's the law now. 

Huh I guess I was being lazy and expecting an announcement for such a big change. Thanks a lot for letting me know!

On 2/25/2020 at 2:32 AM, Arkonick said:

The issue with RMT

Player A who grinds making items and sells for RWM gets this money from other players.

Player B,C,D,E,F buy there coin from CC on the Store this money goes in to development money cause CC recives the money.

Player G,H,I,J,K buy there coin from other players for RWMT Player L,M,N,O who are selling silver gets money CC gets 0 funds.

These sellers sell coin cheaper than CC so they sell more often than CC. Once money enters game it no longer funds CC for development.
When you use coin in game to pay for your monthly sub or deed upkeep it does not fund CC for development.

The only coin that funds CC development is coin bought from online store or subs bought from the online store. Nothing else funds WO development.

I recall you posted this already. It is not correct though. As also mentioned already, the issues with currency are more complex. The only ways to create ingame currency are emissions by the company over the kingdom coffers, and buying ingame money from the shop. All silver bought from players is already in circulation, or, more exactly, in player possession. 

Generally, a currency system consists of money produced, money in thesauri, and money in circulation. The amount of circulating quantity is highly variable as it is the product of transaction speed and circulating quantity. In game, money is continuously destroyed/recollected by the company through trader sales such as contracts, orbs etc., upkeep, and ingame premium purchase. 

In the RMT system, silver sales from shop marked the marginal cost of silver acquistion. Such sales were the only fully reliable and for practical purpose infinite source of fulfilling silver demand, and everybody needing larger amounts of silver fast or just needed it at once used them. RMT silver sales just reactivated thesauri. Whether or not the demise of RMT silver purchase will increase company revenue has still to be seen. On implementation of the RMT removal there has been a 37.5% price cut for silver sale from the shop. It is doubtful that the additional demand for ingame silver after player to player silver sales being gone will make up for.

Reason for RMT removal was not scratching more money out of a dwindling player base but complying with Valve's terms.

Edited by Ekcin

38 minutes ago, user said:

Huh I guess I was being lazy and expecting an announcement for such a big change. Thanks a lot for letting me know!

Was posted in with the rest of the RMT information on 1/31 - 

Account trades
It has been raised in many threads that account sales mean high skills never truly leave the game. This causes a huge top heavy system where high skilled accounts are sold and resold and we want to encourage new players to gain skill and take part in their community, feeling accomplishment for gaining their skills. This also occurs with accounts shared between a group of players, such as a highly skilled weaponsmith or priest that can be accessed 24/7

We want achievements to be individual based rather than adding value to an account, and as such we will also be placing a ban on account sales for ingame silver AND Real Money Trading. 

We will be adjusting our stance towards shared accounts. Your account may be shared on a personal basis (i.e. a family member or a close friend) but sharing your account with multiple people will be against game rules. We will also not be providing ANY assistance with account ownership disputes where the password has been shared in ANY way.