Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

The Future of RMT in Wurm and Price Reductions

Im outa here anyway, pointless opinion. Best of luck with it all. 

Edited by LordLouis
Slapped wrist
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vooch said:

Steam is already dying because of better alternatives (eg. Epic, Stadia, and other new entrants)!

Lmfao, thanks for making my day with this one.

anyway, to the "whales" complaining: The game is failing already despite your spending. Not even all staff is on a payroll, including devs. It might be a "desperate last ditch effort" to try and cater to a different audience, but imho that's better than idly fizzling out.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vooch said:

DESTRUCTION OF THE SILVER SELLER ECONOMY

- I buy a lot of silver from in-game players because the prices WurmOnline.com charges are so high, I am not be willing to pay for that.  I do pay WurmOnline.com for my premium accounts - that's my way of paying the developers, and helping others paying their premiums.  It's the Trickle-Down Effect that makes this game work.

Did you read the entire first post? There are price reductions mentioned there for both premium and silver. For example 1 month of premium went from 80 euro to 67.19, while the price for buying large quantities of silver dropped to 1 euro per silver. 1 euro per silver has been used to a lot as the value for silver with RMT, so that seems like a pretty fair alternative to me.

• Like 4

I have waited a while to let the dust settle and to think about the changes.

I feel that a game should be for entertainment and not as a way of earning real life money. If anyone is adversely affected then I am truly sorry but I think leaving the current situation was not an option.

I put quite a lot of real money into Wurm every month but every penny remains in-game. That of course is my choice and there are others who never pay a 'penny' relying instead of making things- selling for real coins- use to purchase premium. This is certainly one way of paying for the pleasure of playing Wurm but does not support Wurm in the way that the team envisage or desire. 

Although I do pay considerable sums into Wurm each month I do not see myself as being more important that someone who struggles to find a silver coin for their tiny deed. These people are just as important to Wurm as someone with a giant 100x100 deed and in many cases they are more important because they are often our newest players and without them our players who make to sell and invest in-game would not have many of their clients.

I have glimpsed the new rewards shop and I think / hope it will be popular.

I hope that there will be plenty of players who can live with / support these new developments. For those who feel it necessary to up-sticks and more elsewhere then I hope that you find another great game elsewhere. If not, then I am sure that you will always find a welcome back in Wurm.

• Like 12

I am fine with this. I hope more people will try the game out once the steam release happens.

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

With this in mind we have made the tough decision of no longer allowing any and all RMT and account sales effective March 1st, 2020. This will include sales of silver, items for real life currency and account trades. 

After reading first post second time I still didn't get exact unswer on a question about selling servise for real money.

For example: I provide panfilling service for people, making a lot of boring actions and will ask  to pay me with PayPal instead of silver.

Does such relations are forbidden on new rules?

Rather than read the 6 pages of this topic responses, will we still be able to pay for premium with silver? I can see the move has its benefits which may or may not be what keeps Wurm online going longer. However, there is a class difference in players here that is healthy for MMORPG's. Some players (myself) don't have alot of time to play and sustain our deeds and premium accounts, but we also don't mind trading real money to other players (anonymous) who have loads of time on their hands to play and sustain.

I'm more concerned about the other players who have lots of time. Isn't there a way for you to create a way for them to "cash in" for their time?

One of the reasons I don't usually buy silver or premium from you directly is because it's too pricey for less player reward. If I had to buy from you directly, I wouldn't play (and I think 8.99 euros is still too pricey a month for premium, however the price on silvers is fine because thats something earned for time spent)..and i understand you are okay with that. You definitely need to get more players and i have been noticing that over the last year. I think you have a great base product here, but still think the balance will be off. As a developer myself, there are no limits to the possibilities in Wurm, even an evolution through the years because of the object oriented nature. I hate to leave, and i support the move.

22 minutes ago, Cheef said:

After reading first post second time I still didn't get exact unswer on a question about selling servise for real money.

For example: I provide panfilling service for people, making a lot of boring actions and will ask  to pay me with PayPal instead of silver.

Yes that is Real Money Trade (RMT) so no longer allowed.

29 minutes ago, Wolfenbane said:

One of the reasons I don't usually buy silver or premium from you directly is because it's too pricey for less player reward. If I had to buy from you directly, I wouldn't play (and I think 8.99 euros is still too pricey a month for premium, however the price on silvers is fine because thats something earned for time spent)..and i understand you are okay with that.

If you buy at least 50 silver at once you can get it for one euro per silver at the official shop now.

If you buy one year of premium at once it's E5.60 per month. It's E7.99 for a single month.

35 minutes ago, Cheef said:

9 minutes ago, Sandyar said:

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

With this in mind we have made the tough decision of no longer allowing any and all RMT and account sales effective March 1st, 2020. This will include sales of silver, items for real life currency and account trades. 

You good till Feb 29, 2020, So plan accordingly.  Either change your in game model or have a closing out sale.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vooch said:

(4) Dropping RMT and going to Steam is the wrong move, imo.  Fuk Steam - Steam is already dying because of better alternatives (eg. Epic, Stadia, and other new entrants)!  We don't need Steam's Terms and Conditions here!

are you joking or joking?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Votip said:

are you joking or joking?

Listing Stadia is funny. That'll get shut down the moment Google gets bored with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheef said:

46 minutes ago, Sandyar said:

And if I  will do it for silver it is ok?

5 minutes ago, Svartskard said:

To all the guys leaving; Can I has you worthless stuff? 

You know this isn't a bad idea.

Why not have a few trusted people in the community to collect all unwanted stuff, to be used in for current and future community projects.

1 hour ago, Cheef said:

19 hours ago, Samool said:

Silver can still be used for trading between players. However, you won't be allowed to exchange silver or any other in-game items for real money or assets

You can continue to sell in-game services and items for in-game currency.

• Like 1

I really think that the mayor being able to collect a trader on deed should be allowed. I have 1 trader on deli that I could not place on the deed I wanted to. Instead I made a deed next to it to place the Trader. I also have 1 deed on Pristine where I had the same issues. Sure a few people might end up with control of traders they didn't pay for. I've bought 2, and I'm not going to have a fit because a couple players will get free traders to help pay for deed cost. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

The name "REAL money transfer" says it all. You can continue trading anything as long as no real money is involved.

• Like 1

Welp, I was hoping for something nice like a weekend premium package or "premium only for the specified amount of days you want"

But instead we get whale hunting features :^)

Does the RMT rule imply that gratious help would be suspicious? What I mean is when somebody is doing something for bunch of people without getting anything in return. 

19 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

Make no mistake, some of these "little" forum accounts, usually are longtime players who have pumped allot of time and money in Wurm over the years.

I know of 3 friends, who hardly come on the forums <10 posts, but who played for 10+years extremely active.

Not everybody is interested in drama-doom-gloom and hardly visit the forum, having this topic broadcasted in event makes some of them poke their forum account.

There was actually a time that I stopped logging in on the forum, even stopped lurking, because I got really sick and tired of the same doomsday messages and drama over these past 10 years.

So you looking down on low-post forum accounts says allot about your very narrow point of view.

If my friend would come on his sub10post forum account, who is a huge fan of wurm for 10+years and raked up over 800+days of playtime, to post his positive opinion about these changes, you would just ignore the value of his post?

Sorry to go off-topic, but stuff like this rubs me the wrong way.

Thank for speaking up, and you have very nicely summed why I hardly ever visit the forums.

The Trolling, Drama along with the very personal pointed attacks and bitter mud slinging that erupts from time to time really put me off the forums.

I do not have many posts, so guess that makes me a low contributor to the community.

I guess it means the highways I've build, the named street lamps on the Main Public CE Highways, public inn's with free beds provided at some of my deeds, cave canals repaired and road tunnels dug and mapping a whole server from coast to coast amount to nothing.

For the record, I support what Dev's are doing.

For the record, I pay cash for all of my Prem's annually.  Servers and their energy cost RL money to operate and maintain.

I bought all of my deeds with RL cash and yes I have a few traders that help to support the Hunting Lodge Deed network I put in that my allies and the general public get to enjoy and use.

That said, I agree with the Request for a one time Trader pick up and move.

So I guess I am a low contributor to the community.

Thank you for speaking up Lycanthropic.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Former CA Team member

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

Co-Creator and Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 12