Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

The Future of RMT in Wurm and Price Reductions

haha someone do a poll or survey, those in favor, against and neutral. would love to see the results. though i know it means nothing.

the way i see it, theyre trying to save the game, but theyre treating symptoms and not the root cause of declining population. for example, how is opening more servers gonna help increase population, its been done over and over and gotten worse over time. why not just open wo on steam. some people like the smell of new servers but im sure more people prefer players to see even if they dont play with them.

not allowing traders to be moved because a couple people may have found one off deed and claimed it, seems petty and penny pinching and unfair to the mayority of the people who did buy it. 

rmt cant be enforced. instead you should have become the middleman and thus ensure safety and security on rmt between players by becoming the middleman for a profit. 10 or 20% of the sale. But you cant do that because you have no staff but you will have staff to monitor the same rmt suspicious trades.

like someone said, auction houses.

and on and on. nerf online strikes again.

hmm maybe its a good time to buy my toons back for 5% what i sold them for. i used to get mad at these posts, now i just find them funny. haha

• Like 3

I’m sorry but I don’t have a time machine, I can’t make you younger or change the state of the world and gaming in general.

Just now, Cornchips said:

Bring back the 200 daily logins on epic, I'd come back

Bring back the 25 person group we all played with everyday, who all share the same mindset and we would all login everyday again

If all gonna sit and wait till such group come back to Epic then it will never go back.

You just need to log in and tell your friends to do the same, otherwise all just gona wait. Game needs people to get people : P

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Just now, Wilczan said:

If all gonna sit and wait till such group come back to Epic then it will never go back.

You just need to log in and tell your friends to do the same, otherwise all just gona wait. Game needs people to get people : P

lol

you are literally beardyman 

So much positive feedback and just a few disgruntled people that you can probably count on a hand or two.

I am surprised... I would have expected a far larger fecesstorm, yet there is still a night to go... something to read in the morning yey. :D

Well done guys, truely spectacular news. 👍

I am curious what was going through Retros head when he posted this... ^_^

• Like 3

Wanna hear a joke?

Wurm Online "Police"

🤣

But yeah, this won't change anything and people will still buy and sell.

Its done in plenty of other games, AAA names, at that.

If someones willing to sell and leave the game, what's it matter to them if the account gets banned, lmao.  Money still in PayPal.

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Wanna hear a joke?

Wurm Online "Police"

🤣

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: "Why aren't you playing?"

Edited by Madrocks

People need to stop taking money from the game

Its common sense for the game , It is a game Is it not?

Not a job to make cash to buy that new Tv or Phone that just came out.

100% agree with this good move guys.

• Like 3

THANK YOU DEVS!!!

I'd been hoping for this news as part of the Steam release - actually would have loved to have seen it years ago. These changes are long, long, long overdue. All the kudos in the world for this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

This is good change overall

Haven't u only bought accounts

• Like 4

How would you moderate real world item trading though?

It's not against the rules to give someone 1g for seemingly no reason at all and you can't gain access to their paypal to confirm a transaction has taken place either.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Wurm has improved a lot in a short time and this latest change is just ... wow ... awesome! I will be back for the steam release!

I won't mind it as much if later on the old wurm servers get merged with the new ones, now that a part of the old accounts will slowly dissapear.

New players might be able to participate in the economy again besides brickmaking and other tedious shores, great!

I'm sure that if the new UI changed will make the game easier to understand for new players and something gets added to the combat, combined with the removal of RMT, the game will grow again in population.

2 minutes ago, RomaN said:

How would you moderate real world item trading though?

It's not against the rules to give someone 1g for seemingly no reason at all and you can't gain access to their paypal to confirm a transaction has taken place either.

Everyone who asks these questions is thinking in individual terms focused on themselves.

I have no actual knowledge of what system Wurm will be using, but they typically aren't focused on single transactions unless they are phenomenally large. It's unlikely you'll have anything to worry about unless you show an established pattern of behavior(s) that cannot be explained with in-game transactions. Even then, it will be the sellers that are most harshly penalized if caught.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Haven't u only bought accounts

Mclovin is like 46 body str with 7 tomes, ask mondain

• Like 1

@RomaN i still remember when i was a newbie, and you imped my shield over a campfire. and when you gave it back to me blew kisses at me. im an old guy and you kind of made me blush, and i asked you if you were european. lol. Btw, im still a newbie.

on topic. they just throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

• Cat 1

Just now, Mclavin said:

can confirm

issa beast

the only reason mclovin ever bought toons is because you had to buy in to get started, because of recycled accounts

when chaos has 50 people and 43 of them have bought recycled accounts, you generally have to buy in to get started

8 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

monkaS

Ur doin it

And I'm not against RMT being taken out, just the way it's being enforced/worded?  Should have been like that in just Steam Version. 

How do you punish the seller, if he no longer has ties to the game?

And whats a phenomenal amount to you?  1 Gold is pretty big, in game at least.

Damn, you're actually giving me hope that the game is getting on track and becoming healthy again. I know I've been a petulent pest to you guys lately, but credit where credit is due; I had lost hope that you hadn't it in you to turn this boat around before it hits the reefs, and the brass balls on your recent decisions prove me incrementally wrong. Actually getting excited to try the game again on Steam in a fresh landscape.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oreo said:

How do you punish the seller, if he no longer has ties to the game?

the buyer is buying an account that he has no idea what was done with, it could have been shared out to 3-4 people, and once he buys it the account gets flagged, investigated and banned

is it a perfect system? probably not, but the buyer is assuming more risk than previously in wurm and that alone might be enough to deter the majority of most people that would have bought black market style 

no system will be perfect though, its impossible for that because of reasons many people have stated

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Steam server connections
These changes allow us to announce something else we have been working towards, and that is how the Steam servers will integrate with our existing servers. 
The Steam servers and the regular Wurm Online servers will be available via BOTH clients, and simply be disconnected via mail and travel. 

This will mean that all servers can be accessed from Steam, as well as the Steam servers accessible via the regular client. This will still require separate accounts.

Are you planning to connect them later at some point like a year after the launch ?   What size will be the new steam server ? (pve)

people keep saying the account buyers are detrimental and a nuisance etc. but those are the people that were the big spenders and kept the game afloat. i used to go to epic and make a lot of silvers just making arrows or whatever for those people who you disdain, and those trips kept me playing in freedom forever. that was always my goal in wurm, not making money, just to be able to play it for free. but guess what, i was playing for free, but those account buyers were paying it for me. wurm was profiting. either way. just like you can play for free in eve if you put enough time or brains into it. but theres no way to get the message thru. 

tldr. account buyers where keeping the game afloat

• Like 4