Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

The Future of RMT in Wurm and Price Reductions

3 minutes ago, VirusMD said:

lol its been going on for weeks, you already missed all the good stuff!

It was nothing yet I guess :D

4 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

Make no mistake, some of these "little" forum accounts, usually are longtime players who have pumped allot of time and money in Wurm over the years.

I know of 3 friends, who hardly come on the forums <10 posts, but who played for 10+years extremely active.

Not everybody is interested in drama-doom-gloom and hardly visit the forum, having this topic broadcasted in event makes some of them poke their forum account.

There was actually a time that I stopped logging in on the forum, even stopped lurking, because I got really sick and tired of the same doomsday messages and drama over these past 10 years.

So you looking down on low-post forum accounts says allot about your very narrow point of view.

If my friend would come on his sub10post forum account, who has been a huge fan of wurm for 10+years and raked up over 800+days of playtime, to post his positive opinion about these changes, you would just ignore the value of his post?

Sorry to go off-topic, but stuff like this rubs me the wrong way.

Or, follow along with me here, there are a lot of alts and casuals amongst the crowd that you mentioned.

We'll see which it is soon.

1 minute ago, shamflam said:

I am all for banning account selling. But what on earth is wrong with RMT for items and/or silver. This is what makes wurm wurm, it's all about the grind and the trade. Some people simply don't have the time to be making bricks on their deed all day but still want to build some big projects. The supply will be good for a while since there is a lot of bulk items in the system. But a lot of resellers will just quit the game, supplies will come to a hold and these people who are the greatest donators will eventualy leave aswell. Only players that will stay behind are the diehard wurm players that play the game all day.

another point is a lot of people have invested a lot of real money in armour sets en tools etc. a lot of people bought it to use in the game and will probably never sell it. but whit their initial purchase they always knew they would ahve the option to 'cash out' again. So it might have persuaded a lot of people in making that purchase initialy. 

I never bought an account but I did buy a lot of large bulk quantities and tools for real money in order to keep me going on my big projects without killing the game for me. Since these players will probably leave there will be no supply for players like me and we'll eventualy get bored of the game because we dont have time to make bricks or mortar all day. I play this game for the creativity of building not for the grind and I know there are a lot of other players like me.

I feel cheated and lied to with the removal of RMT. I cant even imagine how people feel that litteraly spend 100's of dolars on an account to ahev an easy go at the game. I understand why people don't like it and want it gone. but implementing it and then remving it with less then half a years notice is close to scamming these players out of their real money. 

Not a nice thing for the devs to do in such a short notice.

Do whatever you want with the steam release but please keep the current servers with the curent ruleset ty

Sham

You will still be able to buy items with real money.  Just buy silver from the wurm shop instead of a player.  Nothing changes for buyers.  This only affects people taking money out of the game by selling silver and valuables for real money to keep.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Wasn't referring to you, which should have been obvious. I was referring strictly to the influx of forum accounts with <50 posts that I've never heard of praising these changes. Meanwhile, just about everybody who has any real presence within the community, game, etc. seems to be ready to pack up and go.

By all means though, continue to play. Maybe somehow the population will go up despite at least 50 people (that I'm simply aware of (which is just shy of half the current active population of the game)) pulling out with this change.

Me and my 14 toons are staying. Would need to buy a new monitor to play on a Steam client aswell. :) 

Edited by Nordlys

Instead of silver transfer between players:

One player puts any item on his merchant for 20s, another player buy it and seller gets 20s. Rest of transaction (real cash) goes outside of wurm, through paypal etc.

How it could be proven that it was player to player silver transaction and not regular item trading? GM's gonna estimate average prices for items?

I understand that couse of not allowing RMT you need to forbidden silver transfers but you cannot prevent it in any way, just like in other mmo games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

everyone has questions about how the economy will work without rmt as it pertains to the trade and sale of both goods.

I am very pleased about the announcement for the sharing of accounts.  For the freedomers concerned about using your buddy's weaponsmith tune, I don't believe that is going to be a concern. This change is targeted specifically toward accounts that are used by numerous, as in more than two or three people, for specialized things like kingdom priests, kingdom weaponsmiths... 90% of the rule change should and hopefully will pertain to account sharing on chaos and other PvP serverd. I don't think it should be allowed at all.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

Will the King's coffers still have money in it for non-trader activities, like killing mobs, etc.?  if so, will it be more money?  Or are King's coffers going away?

Hopefully it stays and if the money that now being sucked out by traders will go to other activities it might encourage going out and hunt/forage/whatever.

14 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Or, follow along with me here, there are a lot of alts and casuals amongst the crowd that you mentioned.

We'll see which it is soon.

I'm never here, except to ask for more sheep. (Spotty ones please.) In my 5th year of playing.

Edited by olafhairybreeks
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

14 minutes ago, Toma said:

You will still be able to buy items with real money.  Just buy silver from the wurm shop instead of a player.  Nothing changes for buyers.  This only affects people taking money out of the game by selling silver and valuables for real money to keep.

It does affect me since I bought a lot of stuff from a player with assets from another RCE game.

and people have bought armour sets and rare/supremes thinking they could always resell it .

so how does that not affect the buyer?

Edited by shamflam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Instead of silver transfer between players:

One player puts any item on his merchant for 20s, another player buy it and seller gets 20s. Rest of transaction (real cash) goes outside of wurm, through paypal etc.

How it could be proven that it was player to player silver transaction and not regular item trading? GM's gonna estimate average prices for items?

I understand that couse of not allowing RMT you need to forbidden silver transfers but you cannot prevent it in any way, just like in other mmo games.

I'm happy I've traded 60kcorn/full drake set with Elite all those years ago. Or our trades would have been suspicious ;)

But yeah, you'll push allot of the trading to "darker" areas now, you cant check something like that. Selling something for 2/3 of the market price isnt really an indicator, could just mean the person is looking for a quick sale to get silver for upkeep/token-prem.

I'm curious what dev's have planned to fish out the strange trades, a trade of 1 kindling for 1g would raise allot of red flags, but a drake set for 30s? Could be shady, could be not.

"Life always finds a way" (unless its account-bound ;))

4 minutes ago, shamflam said:

It does affect me since I bought a lot of stuff from a player with assets from another RCE game.

and people have bought armour sets and rare/supremes thinking they could always resell it .

so how does that not affect the buyer?

if you see items in a game as an investment i'm not really sure what to tell you chief

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

I'm happy I've traded 60kcorn/full drake set with Elite all those years ago. Or our trades would have been suspicious ;)

But yeah, you'll push allot of the trading to "darker" areas now, you cant check something like that. Selling something for 2/3 of the market price isnt really an indicator, could just mean the person is looking for a quick sale to get silver for upkeep/token-prem.

I'm curious what dev's have planned to fish out the strange trades, a trade of 1 kindling for 1g would raise allot of red flags, but a drake set for 30s? Could be shady, could be not.

"Life always finds a way" (unless its account-bound ;))

what about trades for services like terraforming> I could pay a guy 1g to dig me a canal. the devs will only see the 1g I payed a random player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

if you see items in a game as an investment i'm not really sure what to tell you chief

I am not sure what to tell you, there are plenty RCE games that have had bigass investements. eg second life, entropia universe, ... people made a lot of money in these games. I always felt wurm was a little like that but on a smaller scale.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

all i hear is the nails being pounded in the coffin

Put your money where your mouth is, sell me your stuff.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, shamflam said:

what about trades for services like terraforming> I could pay a guy 1g to dig me a canal. the devs will only see the 1g I payed a random player

Hm, true, hadnt tought of services in exchange for silver.

But then again, they would at least be able to check if the account receiving the gold, actually did digging for a certain time on a certain server (for this example).

Still, it's situations like these that could probably be used to conceal RMT. Or stuff like "It's players x his birthday, so I gave him 20s as a present for him to spend on some nice enchanted gear", could be rmt, could be not, people who want to turn ingame stuff into real money will always find a way, I've seen it in to many games before. (and it still feels "alien" to me, rmt , I play a game because I enjoy it, I go work irl to earn my paycheck).

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 1

The important part here is not how they are going to stop every possible loophole for RMT. The important part is that they take a stand against it.

• Like 8

I thank myself daily and weekly when threads like this are linked in a Discord filled with other like-minded people that we quit still during the hayday of wurm, but definitely in its decline.

Imagine having the game you love having its skin plucked off like a burn victim.

• Like 4

On pvp server you can just sent your alt to be slaughtered on set up place and time with silver in his pockets and enemy just gonna loot the gear and silver.

Anyway, about paying people for silver, items, services - those people put their time to produce their goods for sale, and time = premium time = profit for game. Why to forbid any of that?

• Like 1

We are talking about all this on a much larger scale considering steam release. It will be a nightmare to enforce RMT just like it is a pain in other games. Policy will be posted, GMs will investigate, some will get caught, others will not. Getting onto steam requires it, so it becomes policy. Of course it can never be 100% enforced in this game or any other.

• Like 1

Times perfectly with Brexit for me , heres to leaving all the loonies and their agendas behind  🥳

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

everyone has questions about how the economy will work without rmt as it pertains to the trade and sale of both goods.

I am very pleased about the announcement for the sharing of accounts.  For the freedomers concerned about using your buddy's weaponsmith tune, I don't believe that is going to be a concern. This change is targeted specifically toward accounts that are used by numerous, as in more than two or three people, for specialized things like kingdom priests, kingdom weaponsmiths... 90% of the rule change should and hopefully will pertain to account sharing on chaos and other PvP serverd. I don't think it should be allowed at all.  

I can't understand this mindset,

here I am taking bait again to comment on some ###### I don't play anymore, but it's so dumb of a comment I literally have to;

you're sitting here trying to force a playstyle to someone or a group of people, since when is it a high ground to not have shared accounts for highly specialized things like a kingdom priest? When has this ever been an issue of hardship for someone to grasp or allow in their mind to peacefully exist? What is your quarrel with it? Are you trying to RP it out or something? If you are, then ban Roleplaying, because that is a specific playstyle I disagree with and think it doesn't apply to the sPiRiT oF wUrM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

fca95001ef5ed7b75f1d0b3baf0aaf4d.svgRMT IS GONE fca95001ef5ed7b75f1d0b3baf0aaf4d.svg

Good riddance! And with prices of silver dropping, I am happy af! Go team!

• Like 3

Why does everyone that hates Wurm keep coming back to post, and keep repeating the same “lol wurm is dead” posts? You’re free to go!

• Like 7

Just now, Chakron said:

Why does everyone that hates Wurm keep coming back to post, and keep repeating the same “lol wurm is dead” posts? You’re free to go!

Because we don't hate the game, we've quit.

Bring back the 200 daily logins on epic, I'd come back

Bring back the 25 person group we all played with everyday, who all share the same mindset and we would all login everyday again

We're sitting here making fun of the decisions that are accepted and allowed to happen without 'our' presence to pump the brakes on such clear bad updates

prove me wrong 

• Like 6