Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

The Future of RMT in Wurm and Price Reductions

2 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Anybody notice that the majority of the same people praising this change are the same people who have some paltry numbers of posts and no presence within the community?

Excuse me I have more than twice as many posts as you, therefore my votes are worth double.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Delacroix said:

Anybody notice that the majority of the same people praising this change are the same people who have some paltry numbers of posts and no presence within the community?

Not sure how this is relavant.  The fact is, wurm needs to make money.  Wurm can't make money if players are undercutting wurms own store.  Traders would also add silvers to the game that otherwise could have made revenue.  With this new system the majority of new silver in the game will from the store, then get consumed by deeds and prem times.  Tbh, it's surprising that this was not done before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

But I tell you do a 14.99 a month sub that comes with a 20x20 deed and you will have players stay longer.

This. If we get some deed discount/ free size up to certain limit along with premium that would be great especially that 20x20 plot.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Excuse me I have more than twice as many posts as you, therefore my votes are worth double.

Wasn't referring to you, which should have been obvious. I was referring strictly to the influx of forum accounts with <50 posts that I've never heard of praising these changes. Meanwhile, just about everybody who has any real presence within the community, game, etc. seems to be ready to pack up and go.

By all means though, continue to play. Maybe somehow the population will go up despite at least 50 people (that I'm simply aware of (which is just shy of half the current active population of the game)) pulling out with this change.

Edited by Delacroix

I'm positively surprised how supported these changes are.

I have never sold an account I have zero interest in it - I feel they are part of me I always planned to leave game with me if I ever quit.

RMT ban is a good thing also, I have always felt awkward. Most of the time my RMT sales were only because buyer preferred it over silvers - and 90% of time I buyprem time from the shop anyway so all the earned euros were going back to wurm as prem time bought.

On traders - I have three trader deeds ... well at one the trader is off deed and I won't be able to solve it until the deadline. I would definitely love to move the traders to my large deeds I still hope a one-time pickup of on currently deeded ones  will be allowed.

Overall: WELL DONE!

• Like 7

Honestly this affects me very little directly, I don't buy or sell silver and have never bought or sold an account, and have no intention of doing either. However I am a little confused about points that others have brought up, namely transferring silvers between alt accounts, or trading apparently large amounts of money for very little. I regularly buy referrals, so I pay 6.5s for a good number of woodscraps. Will I now have to account for that? Are PMs going to be read by devs or whoever to monitor why I'm paying so much money for a woodscrap? And what about trades for less tangible things, for example paying another player say, 5s for helping with a large digging project? Is someone going to come out of the woodwork and ask for an explanation? Or when my grumpy delivery alt comes back from delivering expensive items from another server, will I have to sell her my axe to give myself the money?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

ok not cool i might not post as much but over the past few years i like to think i have become more of a presence in the community and a helping hand to so many new and older players. i played wow back in the day what Wurm team is asking isnt something new, its what all other games do all ready. yea this can and is upsetting a lot of people but things change if you cant change with them then you go out with them. something i learned as i grew up in the business world. we couldnt keep up so we lost our business but that just leaves new room for you to learn new things and find better ways to make money. which in my opinion is why so many are getting upset. with the net changing everyday you cant bank on something for ever and not expect there be changes to.

• Like 9

I play over VPN, so my IP shown to you changes quite often.  How will this be taken into account?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Honestly this affects me very little directly, I don't buy or sell silver and have never bought or sold an account, and have no intention of doing either. However I am a little confused about points that others have brought up, namely transferring silvers between alt accounts, or trading apparently large amounts of money for very little. I regularly buy referrals, so I pay 6.5s for a good number of woodscraps. Will I now have to account for that? Are PMs going to be read by devs or whoever to monitor why I'm paying so much money for a woodscrap? And what about trades for less tangible things, for example paying another player say, 5s for helping with a large digging project? Is someone going to come out of the woodwork and ask for an explanation? Or when my grumpy delivery alt comes back from delivering expensive items from another server, will I have to sell her my axe to give myself the money?

Announcing NiarjaTax, a new website for doing your Wurm Online Taxes & Auditing

• Like 4
  • Cat 2

This will be interesting. I see a lot of people hiding behind fake congratulations acting like it doesn't bother or affect them, pretty hilarious. This will be the final nail in the coffin, of course strictly in my opinion :) 

• Like 4

Whats the ETA (from now) on the Wurm Shop update?  I want to buy a year for both my main toons!  woohoo!

One question though on accounts. I have an actual case where I was gifted (yes means without any form of payment or such) a few toons that I happily own since. Will those transfers be banned jsut like RMT sales of toons? My guts say they should but it felt so amazing...

1 minute ago, Eyesgood said:

Whats the ETA (from now) on the Wurm Shop update?  I want to buy a year for both my main toons!  woohoo!

The Wurm Online shop will be down for maintenance on January 31st.

The downtime will start around 11 PM CET and will last up to 2 hours.

Please refrain from using the shop around that time to avoid any issues. 

/me looking forward to buy amazing stuff at panicsales lowball prices during February :P

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Wasn't referring to you, which should have been obvious. I was referring strictly to the influx of forum accounts with <50 posts that I've never heard of praising these changes. Meanwhile, just about everybody who has any real presence within the community, game, etc. seems to be ready to pack up and go.

Make no mistake, some of these "little" forum accounts, usually are longtime players who have pumped allot of time and money in Wurm over the years.

I know of 3 friends, who hardly come on the forums <10 posts, but who played for 10+years extremely active.

Not everybody is interested in drama-doom-gloom and hardly visit the forum, having this topic broadcasted in event makes some of them poke their forum account.

There was actually a time that I stopped logging in on the forum, even stopped lurking, because I got really sick and tired of the same doomsday messages and drama over these past 10 years.

So you looking down on low-post forum accounts says allot about your very narrow point of view.

If my friend would come on his sub10post forum account, who is a huge fan of wurm for 10+years and raked up over 800+days of playtime, to post his positive opinion about these changes, you would just ignore the value of his post?

Sorry to go off-topic, but stuff like this rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 21

Just now, Jaz said:

/me looking forward to buy amazing stuff at panicsales lowball prices during February :P

lol its been going on for weeks, you already missed all the good stuff!

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Do my posts have any points? 

At least 4

I am all for banning account selling. But what on earth is wrong with RMT for items and/or silver. This is what makes wurm wurm, it's all about the grind and the trade. Some people simply don't have the time to be making bricks on their deed all day but still want to build some big projects. The supply will be good for a while since there is a lot of bulk items in the system. But a lot of resellers will just quit the game, supplies will come to a hold and these people who are the greatest donators will eventualy leave aswell. Only players that will stay behind are the diehard wurm players that play the game all day.

another point is a lot of people have invested a lot of real money in armour sets en tools etc. a lot of people bought it to use in the game and will probably never sell it. but whit their initial purchase they always knew they would ahve the option to 'cash out' again. So it might have persuaded a lot of people in making that purchase initialy. 

I never bought an account but I did buy a lot of large bulk quantities and tools for real money in order to keep me going on my big projects without killing the game for me. Since these players will probably leave there will be no supply for players like me and we'll eventualy get bored of the game because we dont have time to make bricks or mortar all day. I play this game for the creativity of building not for the grind and I know there are a lot of other players like me.

I feel cheated and lied to with the removal of RMT. I cant even imagine how people feel that litteraly spend 100's of dolars on an account to ahev an easy go at the game. I understand why people don't like it and want it gone. but implementing it and then removing it with less then half a years notice is close to scamming these players out of their real money. 

Not a nice thing for the devs to do in such a short notice.

Do whatever you want with the steam release but please keep the current servers with the curent ruleset ty

Sham

Edited by shamflam
  • Like 1

Edit: my bad

Edited by Beanbag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lycanthropic said:

Make no mistake, some of these "little" forum accounts, usually are longtime players who have pumped allot of time and money in Wurm over the years.

I know of 3 friends, who hardly come on the forums <10 posts, but who played for 10+years extremely active.

Not everybody is interested in drama-doom-gloom and hardly visit the forum, having this topic broadcasted in event makes some of them poke their forum account.

There was actually a time that I stopped logging in on the forum, even stopped lurking, because I got really sick and tired of the same doomsday messages and drama over these past 10 years.

So you looking down on low-post forum accounts says allot about your very narrow point of view.

If my friend would come on his sub10post forum account, who has been a huge fan of wurm for 10+years and raked up over 800+days of playtime, to post his positive opinion about these changes, you would just ignore the value of his post?

Sorry to go off-topic, but stuff like this rubs me the wrong way.

I'm happy with the announcement and well.. 6 active prem toons, paying upkeep of 21 deeds and a few posts.

• Like 2

Will the King's coffers still have money in it for non-trader activities, like killing mobs, etc.?  if so, will it be more money?  Or are King's coffers going away?

• Like 1

Sounds great to me. Except the subscription is still to expensive to be able to have more than one account. You should allow for more than one char per account as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

This will mean that all servers can be accessed from Steam, as well as the Steam servers accessible via the regular client. This will still require separate accounts.

This makes me *very* happy.  This pretty much nullifies my fear of not being able to multibox on steam.

• Like 2