Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

The Future of RMT in Wurm and Price Reductions

Another HUGE score for the dev team.  RMT was so bad for Wurm because it killed much of the Wurm Shop Coin purchases.  Toon Selling was also so bad for Wurm because it was in every way PAY TO WIN.  The trader changes are also most welcomed.  And the Wurm Shop price reductions were so needed!

Thank you Devs! 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

On the Traders, ya they can be fun when you randomly check one and find they have a handful of copper or even a few times some silver. But the other day I heard about a toon that was just logging in to drain the 4 traders on pristine from a friend who is over there. So I am kinda glad maybe they are going away.

I always wondered why permissions could not be set on a trader. Too hard to code? I know nothing about this. I do know it has always been pretty lame that we had to lock up traders in buildings specifically designed to protect them from others. I have also been curious why so many people don't do this though and continuously have their traders drained.

Just now, Skatyna said:

but that will only go into shady RMT. player A handles player B 1 gold in game.. they chat up away from wurm, player B sends money to player A via paypal. You wont track it, you will only see player A gave player B 1g. 

Question is, will you then question both players why 1g was handed over? as it could bee shady RMT, could be just in-game gift for in-game services, could be just a gift..

That is why it'll be ruled on a case-to-case basis if it's not 100% clear. It's impossible to create a catch-all rule, but I trust Enki and the GM team to do a good job of handling it and I'll get involved myself on the more questionable cases.

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

how about in pvp cases? can we get a clear rule (hopefully AGAINST) multiple people using the same toon for pvp/deed defense etc

i really think its best to just stop account sharing altogether on pvp servers

We'll discuss that internally, I agree it might be slightly more detrimental on PvP than PvE.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Samool said:

That is why it'll be ruled on a case-to-case basis if it's not 100% clear. It's impossible to create a catch-all rule, but I trust Enki and the GM team to do a good job of handling it and I'll get involved myself on the more questionable cases.

We'll discuss that internally, I agree it might be slightly more detrimental on PvP than PvE.

yeah, i think the "subjective" rule that is currently in place is going to create a mess just wanted to get a good rule of thumb, ty

Edited by Retrograde
No FUD please
  • Like 2

Good bye all, it was a great run. I have shrunk the deed to less than a quarter of it's size, just to cover some of the buildings. There are some rare coins, i used to decorate the highway with, off-deed now, enjoy them as a token of great memories. I will log on every once in a while to check up on things but that's about all (because merchants who i paid for and who are on my deed might just disappear with my junk) . The cooking website will stay up and i will work on improving it when i get a chance but the updates will be directed at WU server i'm playing on.

All best wishes and have lots of fun, i have met some great friends in game who i have met in real life later and we bonded past the game world, Wurm is to be praised for that. Thank you all for the friendship and griefing alike, both were keeping the Wurm life equally interesting. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Because math is hard:

~$9 for a single character, on which you are locked out of a large part of the game

~$1.15 for a small deed, on up to roughly $5 for a deed that one would consider reasonably-sized

Final Fantasy XIV: $13

World of Warcraft: $15

Elder Scrolls Online: F2P with an option to pay a $15 sub to get the expansions + extra content for free each month

Tera: F2P with optional (not required whatsoever) sub of $15

So, with Wurm you pay a subscription each month of between ~$10 and $14 just to be locked out a large segment of the game, compared to other games in the genre that are $13-15

But HERPDERP WURM SO CHEEP LOLOL

I know this isn't what you're getting at, but these conversations remain hilarious for me to read. These are time sink games that people can spend thousands of hours playing each year. And you're comparing single dollar differences. Is your time worth nothing?

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Chakron said:

I know this isn't what you're getting at, but these conversations remain hilarious for me to read. These are time sink games that people can spend thousands of hours playing each year. And you're comparing single dollar differences. Is your time worth nothing?

It isn't my argument nor circumstance--there are people who have a minuscule entertainment budget, where those singular dollar differences do make a difference.

Edited by Retrograde
Moderation edit
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Delacroix said:

However, with that being said, there are people who have a minuscule entertainment budget, where those singular dollar differences do make a difference.

That's a fair point.

• Like 1

How much exactly traders are going to reduce deed upkeep ?

1year sub is nice, 5.59/month basically. If there was a way to pause prem time even with some cooldown that would be great.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

how about in pvp cases? can we get a clear rule (hopefully AGAINST) multiple people using the same toon for pvp/deed defense etc

i really think its best to just stop account sharing altogether on pvp servers

I don't know, I don't think its unfair for 2-3 people to use an enchanting priest. Agree that accounts seeing active PvP should not be shared though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ols said:

I don't know, I don't think its unfair for 2-3 people to use an enchanting priest. Agree that accounts seeing active PvP should not be shared though.

in theory this sounds fine, sorry i would love to discuss more with you but, talking about reality and what happens in this game is called creating fud and i can't do that because its against the rules for me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

or give a portion of sales back.

this part is essensially making everything in the trader 33% more expensive, since you can't drain 25% back. is there any plan to make trader items cheaper to offset this? personally i feel the trader items are overpriced as hell even with the 25% drain back

• Like 1

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

this part is essensially making everything in the trader 33% more expensive, since you can't drain 25% back. is there any plan to make trader items cheaper to offset this? personally i feel the trader items are overpriced as hell even with the 25% drain back

Next sentence

Instead they will now grant a percentage reduction on the upkeep of the deed they live on which cannot stack with multiple traders. We will be discussing the actual percentage over the month and have the final decision before the launch. We will also be revisiting trader prices and reducing them to account for these changes.

I had actually written a petition about this and was thinking about getting signatures for it. Guess I didn't have to. Thanks team.

I'm buying prem.

• Like 4

Also I figure having some of those items as part of the loyalty store might offset that?

Not sure if it's planned, but this + third person might be worth a marketing email blast?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Next sentence

Instead they will now grant a percentage reduction on the upkeep of the deed they live on which cannot stack with multiple traders. We will be discussing the actual percentage over the month and have the final decision before the launch. We will also be revisiting trader prices and reducing them to account for these changes.

yeah but that doesn't specify how much you're reducing by, i'm asking if they're being discounted by atleast 25% if not more.

loyalty shop having shakers and magic chests is definitely nice though

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Just now, Chakron said:

Not sure if it's planned, but this + third person might be worth a marketing email blast?

Every returning player I've met loves third person (it's been integrated so well) and yes it really should be showcased.

• Like 2

Just now, Chakron said:

It will be! It's my plan over the weekend. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Samool said:

So how exactly will this be monitored?  trades through the mailbox is easy, but bulk trades?  That's going to be one hell of an impact for both gm's and players to explain their trades as bulk trading through delivery isn't a game mechanic, its purely based on trust of players.  Often delivered by alts, other ppl, paid in advance or afterwards by cod's, pick ups from specific permission bsbs on sellers deed's etc...  would sellers and buyers have to explain every bulk transaction if they are doing 10 or more a day?

I'm totally fine with the RMT being revoked, ill just put my access coins into even bigger deeds and bigger projects, no biggie there, but if we have to spend hours backtracking and explaining all our actions?   that could potentially kill bulk trade alltogether....   

Simplify it and make that waterproof?   Add a tradehouse or auction house to the game, voila you just cut out all the goods trading suspicion, only have to check on donations and gifts from players who have more silver then they can spend ;)

• Like 3

Anybody notice that the majority of the same people praising this change are the same people who have some paltry numbers of posts and no presence within the community?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delacroix said:

Anybody notice that the majority of the same people praising this change are the same people who have some paltry numbers of posts and no presence within the community?

No. In fact it seems the reverse is true.

• Like 7

Its about time to kick the World Traders as money pits to pay for stuff by draining, People need to actually support the game by subing with there wallet.

I'm all for every thing and it is about time.

Only thing I will say is to look into what it cost to make a deed. My deeds where never small you know me massive terraforming projects with big buildings as a hermit causde well no one lived on west coast of indy. 

I love to build these rat trap little deeds is nothing for a person like me. Min my cost to deed land ends up in the 100s of dollars and the upkeep of 25 to 30 silver a month.

I still think while you making all these changes you should think hard to attract players by giving them a deed of 20x20 with the sub. I believe you should give option to sub for 14.99 us and what ever that is in euros for month sub and 20x20 deed.

what turns a lot of players off is having to purchase land then a monthly up keep. Having premium is one price buying land and upkeep is another. Most people don't want to be a villager at someone else's deed simply cause there are always restrictions to what you can do and with restrictions how can one enjoy the game core specially for PVE.

What it cost me a month to enjoy wurm monthly sub 8.83us plus 25 silver deed upkeep each month purchase of 2 month sub 17.66 + 50 silver for upkeep for 2 months 71.72 a total every 2 months it cost me 89.38 to play 1 account on wurm. Which is one reason why I went to WU. I don't mind a 14.99 or 24.99 monthly sub but to have to shell out 89.38 every 2 months sucks for a game or 44.69 a single month. This is why you lost me an so many more the price of land purchase and upkeep.

But I tell you do a 14.99 a month sub that comes with a 20x20 deed and you will have players stay longer.

Also look into increasing the spawn of the uniques specially dragons in 6 years of wurm online where I spent a good 6 to 8 hrs a day playing after work I never got to join in on a unique killing and If I wantted drake or dragon scale I would have had to pay 200 to 300 ueros for a set, I mean come on there has to be a better way of doing things. Add scales to the rare foraging and botnizing. The mobs roam and it makes since that at some point maybe a dragon lost a scale flying or roaming the lands.

Since you going to steam do dlc assets it's one of the biggest things. Example I just started back up playing BDO and done spent 130 us buying pears so i can buy 2 outfits and open a lot of bag space. Over the years special assets has been a thing for me in mmos.

For a ton of the gaming population in fact an to not see you push on it is crazy I assume you don't like money.

Want money do WU only assets that are different from WO Steam make money from both an take the asset money you make and expand.

• Like 1