Sign in to follow this  
Malcore

great job devs

thank u for 3rd person. I think the 50% nerf to chopped vegs a little too much it should be like 25% This patch is so good tho over all thank you I can now see my char in his gear and looks great!

• Like 4

had to log in to test this

and I have to say that 3rd person view is freaking awesome

toggle view with v button

hold left mouse button and scroll with scroll wheel to zoom

Edited by griper
  • Like 1

agree Griper 3rd person is awesome. Cant wait for marks shop to open 😆

• Like 1

Interesting thing I noticed: In third person, you can no longer turn in place. Instead, if you turn the screen and then start moving, you start moving in the direction you last moved and you turn at a limited rate, which means we have a turn radius that depends on your move speed.

I noticed this because I fell off a cliff while taking an epic selfie.

Edited by LaRue

OH NO!!! What have we done!!!!

" I noticed this because I fell off a cliff while taking an epic selfie. "

The accident rates and cliff falls are going to skyrocket!   ...  hmm wait...  that might be a fun thing...  in Wurm anyway...

But the worst part....  if it is a selfie in Wurm does that make it a 'Welfie'  or a 'Wolfie'  ....hmmm... anyone? ... no?

• Like 2
  • Cat 2

1 hour ago, Enki said:

The accident rates and cliff falls are going to skyrocket!   ...  hmm wait...  that might be a fun thing...  in Wurm anyway...

But the worst part....  if it is a selfie in Wurm does that make it a 'Welfie'  or a 'Wolfie'  ....hmmm... anyone? ... no?

*Points to the door* get out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enki said:

is this a clue for the new enki quest

Third person is running smoother than I expected it to.  I like having increased visibility of my combat actions (weapon swings, shield blocks) and I look forward to seeing PVP videos shot in third person.

The priest changes on the other hand (with exception to the removal of player gods) were completely unnecessary. 

Oh and I forgot to add....for those of you that haven't tried riding a fast horse or hell horse in third person yet, you should.....it is very smooth, despite your character now bouncing with the horse's galloping.

I guess this means I need to stop telling people to place a camera behind them over their shoulders and watch that video feed if they want 3rd person.

1 hour ago, Enki said:

I guess this means I need to stop telling people to place a camera behind them over their shoulders and watch that video feed if they want 3rd person.

3rd person is pretty epic. Wish it allowed you to zoom out farther, but nevertheless is a huge improvement to the game overall. I for one love it.

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

3rd person is pretty epic. Wish it allowed you to zoom out farther, but nevertheless is a huge improvement to the game overall. I for one love it.

I hear that bigger Field of View also increases the zoom-out.

I just enjoy the fact that while in 3rd person I can contemplate my character contemplating jumping off a mountain.

Once you look down his head tilts down as well. It's a form of metaphilosophy.

The term Enki is looking for Wurm Selfie is : Printscreeny.

* Note * I'll see myself out.

• Like 1

I noticed while on 3rd person that the model when turning has very smooth movements, and that they turn their head and face appropiately instead of just turning the whole body as I remember. Is this smoothness new? If so, I think its great. Feels like a whole new game.

@Retrograde

• Like 1

The 3rd person head tilt/turn is only visible for yourself, unfortunately. Not sure if that's a bug or something not fully implemented yet.

Especially noticable when riding a horse, because even if you think you are looking straight ahead (in 3rd person), for everyone else your body can be facing somewhere else.

This also makes sound effects appear from "wrong" directions, when you're playing in 3rd person view.

Edited by Shmeric

I still think its great. I hope they sync it with everyone too. Would give Wurm a much more alive feel. After that just add blinking and facial movements and we win the internet!

3rd person is great. But there are a few things I think should be polished a bit.

One example is that it is impossible to look at your charachter from the side.

The charachter immediately turns away like he is shy.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:32 AM, Enki said:

This is why fall damage deaths should appear on the Deaths Tab "Died by Selfie", "Killed by taking a very large step."