Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 30/JAN/20

Ok thanks for the clarification. Not  that I am happy about, but I understand that restriction. My interest in the affair is due to the situation I and my alt came in because of the failures from the company's side to correctly announce or implement the priest changes. I would consider it fair to be compensated for, but so what.

On 1/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, DevBlog said:

Disintegrate has been updated to remove chunks of mining actions from a vein instead of a low chance to destroy it outright.

• This removes 3 * cast power ore from the wall

So figuring an average of a 50 power cast (and with a 91 channeling priest we all know MANY casts are well under 50), 60 seconds to cast and 30 seconds to sac, 1.5 minutes to remove 150 ores, Now, considering most ore veins are at least 5000 that's roughly 33.3 casts to get a small vein out. At 80 favor that's 2666.66 favor and 51 minutes.

This is assuming you hit a 50 power cast and the vein is limited to 5000 ores. Most aren't.

Maybe this multiplier of 3 should be reconsidered.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

So figuring an average of a 50 power cast (and with a 91 channeling priest we all know MANY casts are well under 50)

91 channeling no bend bonus gets you an average of 32 power casts for disintegrate, its higher diff than coc and all that. even 99 channeling with bend bonus gets you an average of 44 cast for disintegrate

• Like 1

Tested it on a slate wall of 5k ön a 86 chan priest. It is definitely faster to simply mine out the wall. Plus the last cast will only turn the vein into rock instead of removing the tile.

16 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

91 channeling no bend bonus gets you an average of 32 power casts for disintegrate, its higher diff than coc and all that. even 99 channeling with bend bonus gets you an average of 44 cast for disintegrate

Nice to know. I was trying to give the devs the benefit of the doubt here by figuring a 50 power cast. I knew it was a way underpowered, and still gives Mag no real beneficial spell except strongwall.

New maths, using the average of 32 power cast on a 5000 strike wall:

32 (average power cast) x multiplier of 3= 96

5000/96=52.08 casts 

Each cast is 80 favor 52.08x80= 4166.66 favor FOR A SMALL VEIN. 

Using previously figured favor thread citing cordage with 67.5 ropemaking each minute cranking out cordage gives roughly 78.81 favor (excluding growing wemp)

4166.66/78.81=52.86 minutes making cordage

53 casts at 90 seconds each (sac and cast, no breaks) 4770 seconds, or 79.5 minutes

132.36 minutes FOR A SMALL VEIN. In reality most veins are in the 7-8k range.

MIGHT be a time saver, but sure not worth it IMO.

Edited by ChampagneDragon

My actual test:

59 casts on a slate wall of 5667 mining actions. (Wow: actually 32.02 power so I did hit the assumed average).

That is 96 hits on average per cast, that is 1.4h to disintegrate it away.

Approx 350 mining actions to mine out the necessary 177kg 90+ql iron to make the approximately needed amount and ql of doorlocks: 0.3 hours. Another 0.4h to create the doorlocks.

Total time needed: approx. 2.1 hours.

Mining it away is 4.4 hours calculating with 2.8 secs per mining action.

Looks like it is not that bad to use the spell against mining away the tile (I may be very wrong with the calculations and assumptions, I try to reconstruct the actions in the past as I did not prepare to the test properly).

(Parameters:

99 mining, 73 locksmithing, 86 channeling, 90+ casted imbued etc. rare tools used.)

EDIT: add the fact to the equation that simply minig it away is much more viable semi AFK.

Edited by Jaz

On 1/30/2020 at 11:00 PM, DevBlog said:

Bugfix:  Mooring anchors should no longer instant-decay when being raised as was happening in some cases

I thing this may still be happening.  I got caught out last night (GMT+10 time).  Raised anchor, rowed a sort distance and then discovered I could not moor.  A review of the event log showed that my anchor had crumbled to dust.  It wasn't a particularly high quality anchor, but the boat is hardly used and when not in use is moored on-deed.

Sign in to follow this