Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 30/JAN/20

4 hours ago, kochinac said:

Not something what i can say for my 20k of 90ql lovage for example, from what i understood that became totaly useless?

@SamoolCan you please confirm will there be some alternative for herbs? At least let as chop it like vegetables and use for favour so our stocks for Lib doesn't become totaly uselles. Also shrooms(not that people managed to stock large amount but will give some use to them)

Lovage (and mushrooms) aren't useless, they still get used for nat subs grind, and presumably cooking.  Just not useful for priest favour.

I'm confused by people labelling items as "useless" when they are in fact just less useful. Get your farming up, get yourself a good brass knife and make higher ql chopped veg. It shouldn't be possible to get the highest casts or the best saccables at 70 skill, and that's fine.

Edited by Ols
  • Like 2

Was there talk of changing a Red Cherry to fall damage resistance?  

53 minutes ago, Ols said:

I'm confused by people labelling items as "useless" when they are in fact just less useful. Get your farming up, get yourself a good brass knife and make higher ql chopped veg. It shouldn't be possible to get the highest casts or the best saccables at 70 skill, and that's fine.

I agree with this. I also see the point when a market (i.e chopped veggies) got hit hard like this, people in that market get frustrated. Its a natural reaction.

I think it was too easy to get tonnes of good casts earlier. I had as much 100ql chopped veggies as i could ever use with 2-3 priests casting all day long. Thats too easy.

Now i need more time (or pay more) to get those casts, and thats ok for me.

Thank you very much for the bridge to houses fix!  My top floors in my underground house would cause me to dismount from cart or horse. When I checked today, they work smoothly. No dismounting or issue at all. I'm pumped that those floors are usable now! (time to get to work on all those planters)

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 8:00 AM, DevBlog said:

Note that the removal of place for vehicles was intended, so not a bug

Why? Why did u remove this? Being able to 'place' vehicles made everything so much simpler after I unloaded my cart into the water. For the love of God.. why remove this intentionally? WHY?

Thanks your time 🙂

7 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Why? Why did u remove this? Being able to 'place' vehicles made everything so much simpler after I unloaded my cart into the water. For the love of God.. why remove this intentionally? WHY?

Thanks your time 🙂

This seems extremly stupid. Please explain why this was needed to change?

On 1/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, DevBlog said:

Purchases of silver coins will award 20 marks per silver purchased

Is this real or a typo? 200 points for 10s seems very little.

Edited by Nordlys

7 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Is this real or a typo? 200 points for 10s seems very little.

It's not a typo, the system is intended to give points for premium - silver purchases are just a small bonus to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samool said:

It's not a typo, the system is intended to give points for premium - silver purchases are just a small bonus to it.

I mean, i havent seen the price for stuff we can buy for marks yet. 20 marks per 1s just seems like an odd number, but may not be when we get to see what stuff costs.

And i see the point, you want people to play the game for a long time, not just give you money for marks.

If i buy 1 gold from the shop i get 2000 marks.

If i buy premium in token 10 months in a row (1 gold), i get 30.000 marks.

If i buy premium in shop 10 months in a row i get 45.000 marks.

To get 45.000 marks from buying silver i would need to buy 2250 silver. Wat?

4 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

I mean, i havent seen the price for stuff we can buy for marks yet. 20 marks per 1s just seems like an odd number, but may not be when we get to see what stuff costs.

And i see the point, you want people to play the game for a long time, not just give you money for marks.

If i buy 1 gold from the shop i get 2000 marks.

If i buy premium in token 10 months in a row (1 gold), i get 30.000 marks.

If i buy premium in shop 10 months in a row i get 45.000 marks.

To get 45.000 marks from buying silver i would need to buy 2250 silver. Wat?

I imagine it's likely in effort to discourage people from buying silver for the marks, selling said silver, then rebuying to farm marks. Would lead to marks not really being a loyalty reward through subscription, just a way to inject money into the game for mark rewards.

Edited by Jore
weird wording but oh well

3 minutes ago, Jore said:

I imagine it's likely in effort to discourage people from buying silver for the marks, selling said silver, then rebuying to farm marks. Would lead to marks not really being a loyalty reward through subscription, just a way to inject money into the game for mark rewards.

That would give them a huge income tho. :) 

Just now, Nordlys said:

That would give them a huge income tho. :) 

Guess we can take that as an example of them prioritizing the games integrity over a quick profit? Could be a good sign depending on how you look at it haha.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jore said:

Guess we can take that as an example of them prioritizing the games integrity over a quick profit? Could be a good sign depending on how you look at it haha.

Might be a good sign. :)

Ive never bought silver from any other place than the shop, simply to support a game i like. I dont do silver selling either, so your example would not fit for me anyway.

I still think 20 marks per 1s is a strange number. I could easily see myself buying more silver than i normally do if the reward got higher. Deed upkeeps for example also require silver, you cant buy that from the shop. :)

Edited by Nordlys
Darn auto correct
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jore said:

Guess that was just eliminated. 😛

• Like 1

What we did not know until now is the change of silver price in Wurm shop. With 1e/1s at the large amounts it is obviously a win/win to buy from the shop.

I have payed 1000Skr for 100 silver via my bank in the shop, now it will cost me 1067 Skr.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Samool said:

Sorry for missing it, they will not. The free transfer is intended for toons that became priests prior to the change.

They will however be able to use the transfer from the Marks store.

Thanks for the answer.

The reason I am bit disgruntled about simply is that your failure to correctly transfer the player god priests to template gods screwed my plans.

My Nahjo priest was planned to go Fo for the time being, checking whether that were a good choice, or better Vyn (or maybe Mag). For Mag, I let my rarely logged Mag follower (had her mainly to create altars for lava) become Mag for strongwall, and thus let her pray up to faith 30.

Now that effort is in vain, and I have to let her convert to Fo and pray up again which is a weeks long ordeal, stupid and particularly annoying as she has her faith 30 now. And the only reason is that you screwed priests transfer, contrary to prior statements. That is the consequence of poor customer relations, and pressure on the devs to implement half ready solutions resulting in such mistakes. Well, and that does not make me happy.

An elegant solution would be to grant /transfer to all priests who had not done yet, no matter whether they got it previously, got it because they were priests before the changes, or after.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 8:00 AM, DevBlog said:

Bugfix:  You can no longer fillet meat or fish that is diced, minced, chopped or not raw

Well this was annoying to discover in the middle of making a pizza. A pizza that normally takes me 30 minutes, suddenly I can not fillet my 8 diced meat.

For some reason, we could always (since the cooking update) take a piece of meat, then do five actions on it to prep it for cooking. Fillet > dice > fillet > mince > fillet. This game has been allowing this for years people. There are forum threads explaining this procedure all over the place, this is how I train everybody how to do this. Five actions for each meat.

Now COMPLETELY RANDOMLY loooooong after the cooking update, SUDDENLY this instant, this is an 'unexpected glitch', and everybody has been abusing it. WTF.

And then some normally rational individuals, seem mystified why I would get miffed after someone throws a wrench into my pizza making mechanics.

LISTEN PLEASE. People who play Wurm .. do things. Sometimes they do things a lot. Hours and Hours, and they come up w/ patterns and then they can get into a grove of procedure, and feel comfortable w/ having learned how to reliably accomplish complex tasks with very few errors. So you can bet if you change things, some people may get unhappily chagrinned into being unhappy.

A lot of this update is doing a lot of this.

I'm pretty sure the more clever of you already know this.

TeeeBOMB  << unhappy face. Thanks for listening.

Do we keep the monthly skin forever, or is it just lasting a month?

36 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Do we keep the monthly skin forever, or is it just lasting a month?

It's applied permanently to an item, you don't lose it at any point unless you lose the item or remove the skin from it.

• Like 1

so when we buy shield skin from shop we get some kind of token we can keep some time untill we have propper shield to apply it or we must apply it immediatly upon purchace? also will this skin be available any time later or just this month and never again?

You can keep the skin token item, which you use to apply the skin, for as long as you want (mind you, it's nodrop)

We're not ruling out repeats of old skins or distributing them in a different way, it's likely you'll get the chance to get one if you miss out on its release month.

• Like 2

question about the faith swap available from the shop: Is that one transferable among players/alts? Or only valid for the account that earned the marks?

The Marks store faith swap is not transferrable and only applies to the account that purchased it.

Sign in to follow this