Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 30/JAN/20

1 minute ago, kochinac said:

More than 30 x 100ql chopped corn needed to fill Vyn to 100 faith now, not nice at all, i would say it makes chopped veggies totaly uselles now.

I agree chopped veggies are cut too low. That still makes doorlocks not less nice - I've lived on locks anyway. Also tried to burn a lot of garlics during the last days - still did not get low enough on stock.

Also cordage is still disappointing, at least at 70 skill the avg ql is poor even with a 90+ql rare imbued ropetool. I will not touch cordages again before I get to 90 skill there :S

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kochinac said:

More than 30 x 100ql chopped corn needed to fill Vyn to 100 faith now, not nice at all, i would say it makes chopped veggies totaly uselles now.

dont chop, make locks. simple solution. Plan A dont work, go for plan B. 

39 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Also i don't understand why people who bought premium for year earlier don't get treated equal for their remaining prem time as people who bought it after update for year. From what i understood we get something but reduced. You don't need to lower that gap you need to close it completly.

You should be thankful you got something for the past months at all. i would be completely happy if it just started fresh for all since update. If you bought a pack of milk on 15th of january, but the shop made a deal "buy one, get one free" on the 20th of jan, do you go back to the shop on 21st of Jan to request your free pack of milk, as ppl get it now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

dont chop, make locks. simple solution. Plan A dont work, go for plan B. 

You should be thankful you got something for the past months at all. i would be completely happy if it just started fresh for all since update. If you bought a pack of milk on 15th of january, but the shop made a deal "buy one, get one free" on the 20th of jan, do you go back to the shop on 21st of Jan to request your free pack of milk, as ppl get it now?

No i don't but i don't buy from that shop anymore before they are dicks and go somewhere else ;) And we are not talking about card of milk, we are talking about premium for whole year, don't be ridiculous.

I'm Vyn not Mag so making locks will not help me smartass. I avoided using veggies even before nerf because chopping them is very tedious and boring, was Lib for most of priest life and for Vyn mostly used ropes since i grinded ropemaking to 92 before priesting. 

You try to look smart for no reason with your comments but you're missing the point of my posts totaly. Just because somebody can do something, and others often do it doesn't make it right.

• Like 2

I think we need to remember that Code Club was in no way obliged to give us any Marks for past premium time purchases. When we all bought premium time in the past, we all knew what we were buying. Nothing was hidden. We were buying premium on the conditions that existed at the time. And back then, we got 2 months of premium, along with a yellow potion, sleep powders and an eventual Lomaner title for 16 Euro. That's it. We all agreed to those conditions when we clicked the "purchase" button.

So, I don't feel we are owed anything by the devs in regard to the past. The fact that we are getting Marks for past premium purchases is just a HUGE bonus.  A free gift - really - for our loyalty over the years. I couldn't be happier about it and since I never counted on it when I bought my premium time in the past (as they system wasn't even conceived yet), whatever I get now for past premium purchases is an absolute, unexpected joy.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Valdor said:

The fact that we are getting Marks for past premium purchases is just a HUGE bonus

Once again i'm not talking about past premium, i'm talking about future premium that is already bought which is at reduced rate compared if you are to buy it now for future(which i can because i alredy bough it) basicly you are punished because you payed premium for year 2 month earlier than you should have because you didn't know for it (someone pls correct me if i'm wrong). Very unecessary saying ###### you to your loyal customers once again :) 

2 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Once again i'm not talking about past premium, i'm talking about future premium 

I know. My post was not in response to yours. I just happened to post after you, as we were both typing at the same time and you pressed "submit" sooner :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Once again i'm not talking about past premium, i'm talking about future premium that is already bought which is at reduced rate compared if you are to buy it now for future(which i can because i alredy bough it) basicly you are punished because you payed premium for year 2 month earlier than you should have because you didn't know for it (someone pls correct me if i'm wrong). Very unecessary saying ###### you to your loyal customers once again :) 

If you buy a computer today and in 2 months, find a much better deal and special promotions for the exact same computer, is the seller obligated to give you a refund of the difference and all those promotions?  No.  It is what it is.  I don't think anyone should get anything back dated.  I think the promo should have started today and only for purchases made AFTER this went into effect.  No credit for past loyalty.  That doesn't make people more loyal.  It just gives those people cash to throw at the shop before they quit.

Wurm spends too much time thinking about how to keep the really old players happy and not enough time thinking about how to grow the game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/loot-box-or-pandora-s-box-regulation-treasure-chests-video-games

Please remove random tomes from the store for PvP sake.  To eliminate tome advantages completely would be very cruel to those that invested fortunes over the years to acquire them.

Can't buy (pun intended) your point. Did you read at all the legal review you linked to? Even under most restrictive anti loot box regulations an item box randomly filled with virtual items would not constitute a loot box. The paper states e.g.:

• China: Game companies must disclose odds for paid loot boxes. (Some companies have avoided this requirement by selling other items – such as in-game currency – and pairing those items with “free” loot boxes.)

How many (non transferable) years of prem and how many gold must be purchased per tome won this way?

I recall a discussion (or flame war, as usual, over PvP) where someone stated "we are all swimming in tomes" - stemming from then personal goals and unique hunts. How does the chance for a tome in a gift box count against that?

3 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

If you buy a computer today and in 2 months, find a much better deal and special promotions for the exact same computer, is the seller obligated to give you a refund of the difference and all those promotions?  No.  It is what it is.  I don't think anyone should get anything back dated.  I think the promo should have started today and only for purchases made AFTER this went into effect.  No credit for past loyalty.  That doesn't make people more loyal.  It just gives those people cash to throw at the shop before they quit.

Wurm spends too much time thinking about how to keep the really old players happy and not enough time thinking about how to grow the game.

Since we are so much for pointless analogies, in my country atleast if you want to buy computer, and you find a better deal in another store most stores will offer you their computer at the lower price just so you buy it from them.

Once again, not saying that Code Club is obliged to do anything, they could just start from clean slate and avoid this mess, but since they went with it they could go fair about it and not making me miserable and screw over others just because of bad timing. 

Don't wanna argue any more, i'm sick and tired from dev team and some players in this game, do what the hell you want, i don't care anymore, this game will probably meat it's final end very soon as i fear it will fail miserably at Steam very quick and bring down everything with that fail.

from the description it only has 7 variants which would be the 6 tomes + libram i'm assuming. the tomes you get from it are definately the "average" tomes, generally used for filling up titles, or because they have a nice resistance (libram,black,red) with the spells being an afterthought. none of the overpowered ones are in it, and none of the completely useless ones (red and white cherry) are either.

considering hundreds if not over a thousand 3 charge tomes dropped from personal goals, i don't see people having the choice to get a single charge tome every year being that unbalanced, especially when theres items that are more expensive than said tomes like rod of transmutation and large magic chest being sold for less points.

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

Making tomes purchasable in the shop is a shameless cash grab that is really bad for PvP.  PvE it is more cosmetic than anything else "look at my fun pets and pretty spells!", but people in PvP will always feel at a horrible disadvantage if they don't have access to all the same buffs/resistances/spells.  Yes, a ton of PvP players have already paid a fortune to acquire tomes, but what you are doing is adding those evil random loot chests (EA) to the game and you will have people buying tons of pre-purchased game time to get all their tomes.  I guess this is legal in Sweden?  It doesn't mean it is ethical or ok to do it anyway. 

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/loot-box-or-pandora-s-box-regulation-treasure-chests-video-games

Please remove random tomes from the store for PvP sake.  To eliminate tome advantages completely would be very cruel to those that invested fortunes over the years to acquire them.

I do understand your argument it's a fine line here. But there it a big but. Having this option lower/changes the P2W in a small way with tomes.  Now average players has chance to get those tomes. Making the playing field in pvp more balanced. and less p2w.

Remember it's about balance not money.  Those tomes will most likely be chr bond. No duplicate also I'm sure. Will see it Feb 1 when the shop opens. 

• Like 1

Just noticed: Jackal lodestones still work on Freedom - but you get the message upon arrival to Jackal:

[00:09:09] Thank you for playing on Jackal! This Jackal run has finished and you'll be transferred back to your last server in one minute.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Samool said:

The transfer was, and is, to choose the deity you intend on following. I don't see how that's wasting a transfer? If you would have ended up as your desired deity's priest, you wouldn't need the transfer, so it should work for everyone.

The faith transfer was never for changing faith for any other reason than the huge meta changes, and the longevity of the old transfer was purely an oversight.

Again - I asked it twice already: Will newly priested toons have the chance to use the /transfer within the given deadline?

Just now, Ekcin said:

Again - I asked it twice already: Will newly priested toons have the chance to use the /transfer within the given deadline?

Sorry for missing it, they will not. The free transfer is intended for toons that became priests prior to the change.

They will however be able to use the transfer from the Marks store.

Chopped veggies are still viable. They are still the quickest way to have universal favor for groups of priests. I think the nerf was a bit excessive, and I personally feel for Virusmd, as I know how many veggies he's stored for his impalong. I also know how much he's spent on them. 

I'm still sitting on a very large stock of 100ql chopped veggies. I've lost about 500k favor. That hurts, but they will get used up.

I'm currently running some testing and will have data before the end of the night. I really hate this "doom and gloom" that some insist on bringing to the forums WITHOUT having concrete evidence. 

*edit as an afterthought*

I demand they replace this worthless red cherry (unused) that I had to grind to 92 fishing to win, since Retro clearly said it's worthless. 

*edited a second time*

Now I think about it, Wurm took away half a million favor from me, awarded me a worthless red cherry ... why do I stay?

Edited by ChampagneDragon

I agree strongly with Muse on this one.

Also! Where are the golden hand mirrors?

i love third person, i just don't care for it on wagons, however if it expanded to include the wagon it would be much better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Chopped veggies are still viable

Not something what i can say for my 20k of 90ql lovage for example, from what i understood that became totaly useless?

@SamoolCan you please confirm will there be some alternative for herbs? At least let as chop it like vegetables and use for favour so our stocks for Lib doesn't become totaly uselles. Also shrooms(not that people managed to stock large amount but will give some use to them)

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Samool said:

Sorry for missing it, they will not. The free transfer is intended for toons that became priests prior to the change.

They will however be able to use the transfer from the Marks store.

My main was able to transfer to Vynora and he's not a priest, just a 30 faith follower. He was a follower of Nahjo before the update.

So it does seem to be available if you aren't a priest?

Edited by Ecrir

I commend the devs for having the will to take such a big step as removing the player gods, especially after all the effort spent trying to balance them.

On an unrelated note, I bought 12 months of premium yesterday. Whoops. That's what I get for taking a break.

Edited by LaRue

I was expecting a bit more marks...

VS4MuZF.png

Edit: works on Zaj

6uMf8AP.png

Another edit: 2 of 7 of my prem toons have 0 marks...

Edited by Jaz

Same as Jaz. There's something funny. On my main:

c5e3a5cf89.png

And on my two alts:

afd883e5aa.png

a66a47553e.png

Edited by DemonaNightshade

Your marks seem correct on newer alt - 36 months for the past prem time on both, 3k extra for the period for full Feb and 1k for the partial March.

The prem time left for the other alt is not on the screenshot, it has about exactly a full month prem left? In that case 40k is correct.

I see now it says SINCE 2013 in the main post. silly me!

Edited by DemonaNightshade

Hope people are incentivised to buy a lot of prem these days and hire a new dev or maybe invest in some advertising with the incoming cashflow.

But as a serious suggestion, can we make the tomes we get from the cash shop completely disabled for pvp? Pvp does have a pay to win factor in it, and with this it becomes another pay to win factor.

Just disabling tomes abilities and resistances for pvp would put people on good equal footing. My 2 cents. Love the update. Not crazy about the priest favor, seems a lot of farmers are now a bit upset.

Sign in to follow this