Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 30/JAN/20

16 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

Imbue would help on this one, It's unfair that others have it even if not fully.

Need ropemaker with fully imbued tool ropetool to add in what are cordages qls on avg and how does that compare to veggies before and after update.

I've been grinding it for hours and hours and hours. Imbued rare ropetool, keeping it at about 90ish quality. Affinity meal on board, 95+ wemp.

Dividing ropes into 60-69.99ql, 70-79.99, 80-89.99, 90+ and a bsb with under 60ql.

35k wemp done so far. Started grind at about 48 ropemaking.

2550 in the 60s range

2100 in the 70s

2250 in the 80s

1050 in the 90s.

The rest were under 60ql, averaged out to 32ql (been using them for favor, so don't know how many, roughly 8000?)

This ended my grind at just under 70.

Edited by ChampagneDragon
more info
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

Btw what ql squares are you talking about ?

69 CT skill  54 Tailoring skill

83ql supreme loom

90ql supreme spindle

I use 50ql cotton balls, and produce average 51ql string, finally 52ql squares. Hardly any fails.

If I increase the cotton ql above my skills the finished mat ql becomes more random, it's been a while since I made any but using 73+ql balls gives a fair number of 74ql string but also a lot more fails in the grades below.

Edited by Muse

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• Spell resistances on pvp servers have been reduced from 10+ groups of resistance down to just 2 Pillar Damage/All Other Damage

Can we get a bit more info on this point please? How does it work now, what does it really mean? we still have Tome resistances, enchant resistances active for 10+ groups.. Some clarification would be nice.

Interesting find :

79.95QL square [20:50:04] A trader would sell this for about 31 copper and 96 iron.

[20:50:04] You think you can sacrifice this to Vynora for about 9 favor.

Did calculation according to wurmpedia's base price

• favor = c * QL² * ( 1/500i ) which is equivalent to favor = c * QL² * 0.002

0.5 * 79.95^2 * 0.002  =~ 6 favor

Vynora gets 1.5x favor from squares now ? Maybe i borked math ?

Edited by Martynas5

4 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

Interesting find :

79.95QL square [20:50:04] A trader would sell this for about 31 copper and 96 iron.

[20:50:04] You think you can sacrifice this to Vynora for about 9 favor.

Did calculation according to wurmpedia's base price

• favor = c * QL² * ( 1/500i ) which is equivalent to favor = c * QL² * 0.002

0.5 * 79.95^2 * 0.002  =~ 6 favor

Vynora gets 1.5x favor from squares now ? Maybe i borked math ?

it said in patch notes that all other item favour gains were slightly increased. so i guess old formula is incorrect now

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Samool said:

The transfer was, and is, to choose the deity you intend on following. I don't see how that's wasting a transfer? If you would have ended up as your desired deity's priest, you wouldn't need the transfer, so it should work for everyone.

The faith transfer was never for changing faith for any other reason than the huge meta changes, and the longevity of the old transfer was purely an oversight.

I was surprised as many of the Smeagain and Nahjo priests were. However, several us of were looking to use the transfer to our advantage. For example, as a Smeagain priest the change to the template deity would have made me a Mag priest. So I did some experimenting in my mine last week (which is actually my residence with underground building). I figured I would just strongwall anything I didn't like before converting to Libila. Its not a huge deal but it did waylay my plans. I'm sure there were others that were excited about potentially strongwalling a few spots even if that wasn't the intent of the faith swap.  The point is when changes are communicated people will make plans accordingly (regardless of the intent). So of course there will be disappointment.

Then yesterday my premium ran out. I got the message multiple times throughout the day that it was expiring that day. Not wanting to let my prem lapse I renewed for two months. Now that I see the details for the loyalty system I find that if I had waited 15 hours I would have gotten 9k marks instead of what I think will be 4k (1k for the first month that starts last night and 3k for the second month since it is a full month remaining). 

So many good things in this patch but it's been kind of a crappy wurm day for me. 

Why not give the full marks for any unused future paid time? It doesn't make any sense to penalize people for having purchased time in advance (is that really a message you want to send?). It's the same price regardless of when you bought it. The right thing to do is to give 4500 marks for future months and prorate the partial month based on the 4500. 

I'm guessing you can't tell if previous prem time was from a token vs the store and as such defaulted to the token purchase. Bummer.

*** update *** after seeing the marks it looks like I was credited for 6k marks for the 2 months I purchased through the store last night. So at least I got the 3k for each month. Only lost 3k marks in total for purchasing a half day too soon.

Edited by Arimus
added question about future unused time

most favor items are 30-50% better than what they used to be from what i've seen, they're actually pretty nice if you have 90+ skill

Lib gets favor from any butchered item apart from meat and charcoal so you can sacc all your pelts your hide your eyes your whatever for favor, just over 10 at 100ql, definitely my favourite if lib wasn't trash

• The following amounts will be awarded for each premium type:
    • 15 days from token: 1000
    • 20 days from referral: 1500
    • 30 days from token: 3000
    • 30 days from shop: 4500
  • Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
  • Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus
  • Purchases of silver coins will award 20 marks per silver purchased

What about the single purchase of 2 months package where does this fall under ??? 

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Purchases of silver coins will award 20 marks per silver purchased

should that be 200? a gold would only give 2000 marks, half of what a month of prem from the shop would be, seems pretty lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gorgian said:
  • The following amounts will be awarded for each premium type:
    • 15 days from token: 1000
    • 20 days from referral: 1500
    • 30 days from token: 3000
    • 30 days from shop: 4500
  • Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
  • Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus
  • Purchases of silver coins will award 20 marks per silver purchased

What about the single purchase of 2 months package where does this fall under ??? 

That would be 2x "30 days from shop", i assume.

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

That would be 2x "30 days from shop", i assume.

But thats not what is says on the other packs. it say for the whole pack you only get 3k for 6 months and 6k for the 12 months.  So I'm just asking and not going to assume anything ;) 

Just now, gorgian said:

But thats not what is says on the other packs. it say for the whole pack you only get 3k for 6 months and 6k for the 12 months.  So I'm just asking and not going to assume anything ;) 

No, it says that if you purchase 6 months in one go you will get 4500 per month and 3000 on top as a bonus.

No, it says that if you purchase 6 months in one go you will get 4500 per month and 3000 on top as a bonus.

But that's just it, it does not say per month. 

Favour wise from what I understood, lovage and rusmarin are now totaly uselles? If that's so can herbs atleast be used chopped like vegetables so people who collected them for Libila priests don't get screwed all the way?

22 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Lib gets favor from any butchered item apart from meat and charcoal so you can sacc all your pelts your hide your eyes your whatever for favor

Sadly no pelt fits in altars, even they are volume runed. Always used to annoy me having pelts everywhere as the only way to get rid of them is trash heap...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Sadly no pelt fits in altars, even they are volume runed. Always used to annoy me having pelts everywhere as the only way to get rid of them is trash heap...

they fit in the altar of three/bone altar 😍

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gorgian said:

But that's just it, it does not say per month. 

Yeah, so youre getting 3000 as a bonus if you choose the 6 months in one go. I dont see much thats unclear there.

What i find strange is that its only 6000 extra for choosing the 12 months. The same as 2x 6 months. Why not just choose 6 months and re-evaluate after half a year? 

What i find strange is that its only 6000 extra for choosing the 12 months. The same as 2x 6 months. Why not just choose 6 months and re-evaluate after half a year? 

6 months of prem is 48 e or 8 e a month

12 months of prem is 80 e or 6.67 e a month

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

6 months of prem is 48 e or 8 e a month

12 months of prem is 80 e or 6.67 e a month

Yes youre right - i could have spesified that we were talking about the loyalty points. :P 

Edit: Who cares about euro? Give me points!

Edited by Nordlys

Also i don't understand why people who bought premium for year earlier don't get treated equal for their remaining prem time as people who bought it after update for year. From what i understood we get something but reduced. You don't need to lower that gap you need to close it completly.

Honestly i love ability to imp troll clubs but i'm really pissed once again for some consequenses of this update and how you guys habdled things once again.

This is really bad  you changed the priest stuff like 6 months ago and now you changed it again and made it worse. Plus i was Nahjio which means i should have been convert to Fo instead it was Mag.  not to mention all the time and silver i wasted on vegs and things to sac that now i have no use for and cant sell because there worth less. This game used to be a good game wiht a lot of happy people  now all i see is this game going down hill and not so happy people playing. You all need to pick on thing and stick to it stop changing it every 6 months 

• Like 2

Please make locks able to go in bulk storage (eliminate keys).  Call them combination locks or something.

Bring the veggie favor back up to a reasonable level.  This is a drastic change for all that prepped for it, especially for major events.

Make ALL altars take 10x bashing damage (for a few months) and dead gods altars take 100x bashing damage (forever).

Making tomes purchasable in the shop is a shameless cash grab that is really bad for PvP.  PvE it is more cosmetic than anything else "look at my fun pets and pretty spells!", but people in PvP will always feel at a horrible disadvantage if they don't have access to all the same buffs/resistances/spells.  Yes, a ton of PvP players have already paid a fortune to acquire tomes, but what you are doing is adding those evil random loot chests (EA) to the game and you will have people buying tons of pre-purchased game time to get all their tomes.  I guess this is legal in Sweden?  It doesn't mean it is ethical or ok to do it anyway. 

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/loot-box-or-pandora-s-box-regulation-treasure-chests-video-games

Please remove random tomes from the store for PvP sake.  To eliminate tome advantages completely would be very cruel to those that invested fortunes over the years to acquire them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

most favor items are 30-50% better than what they used to be from what i've seen, they're actually pretty nice if you have 90+ skill

Lib gets favor from any butchered item apart from meat and charcoal so you can sacc all your pelts your hide your eyes your whatever for favor, just over 10 at 100ql, definitely my favourite if lib wasn't trash

4x 95ql doorlocks fill mag to 100 - real nice now.

Also, the loyalty thing...

You should not have back dated anything.  It should have only started from this day forward.  This is yet another thing done to insure old players are at an advantage over new players.  Wurm is simply a "good old boys" club. All of you devs need to think really hard about doing anything that puts any distance between you and the new players.  You need to think of things that help bring every player closer in ability.

Think of rewards for new players.  Now every new player is thinking "wow, must be nice to be gifted 50k points for the store today".  Well, that is if there are actually any new players anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jaz said:

4x 95ql doorlocks fill mag to 100 - real nice now.

More than 30 x 100ql chopped corn needed to fill Vyn to 100 faith now, not nice at all, i would say it makes chopped veggies totaly uselles now.

Sign in to follow this