Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 30/JAN/20

Just now, Vomusu said:

So pretty much 'just waste your transfer cause we screwed up', nice.

The transfer was, and is, to choose the deity you intend on following. I don't see how that's wasting a transfer? If you would have ended up as your desired deity's priest, you wouldn't need the transfer, so it should work for everyone.

The faith transfer was never for changing faith for any other reason than the huge meta changes, and the longevity of the old transfer was purely an oversight.

• Like 1

I'm curious why a cast was needed to bring everyone in wurm up to a lvl 99 miner.  From Retro- here's been a few comments about this leaving magranon underpowered, and we've been working on that. So far we have a pickaxe enchant that increases the chance of successful surface mining (still capped at the 50% chance that 99 mining has though, so more beneficial at lower levels) 

What's next? WC skill casts? HFC skill casts? It seems very odd to add this in and not have it actually benefit the people who have done the grinding to have high skill mining skill. Please add a buff to 99+ miners using the cast :)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

You get all the marks in one go, as far as I heard on Retro's streams and by the info on the forum.

And very old accounts, will have the 50k to start with, and an additional 3k per month of premtime you still have running, if I read this right.

I have untill may, so that should give me 9k-12k extra on top of the 50k.

Yeah you get marks in one go and old players have 50k cap from old premiums...BUT, the update clearly states that premiums bought prior to this update will get 3k more marks than those who buy later.. but does this mean before the update or before the cash shop?? plus do i get the extra marks on top of the 50k or is that maximum cap.

I am about to buy premium and thats why i am asking the hell this means.

4 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

the update clearly states that premiums bought prior to this update will get 3k more marks than those who buy later..

What it says is, for all already-bought premium for the time after this update, there has been 3k given per month to compensate. This is not related at all to premium purchases after this update, and is not capped by the 50k cap.

Premium time bought from now on will award the rewards as in the patch notes, the last two points of the marks notes only refer to points given for past purchases.

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Shod clubs dropped by trolls and the troll king are now repairable and can be imped.  Woodtype on the troll king's club is oakenwood.

This makes me so happy! Thank you! ^_^    (I know - I'm weird)

Are the Marks awarded today with the update? Or will it be awarded when the shop opens on 1 Feb? If it's already awarded is there any way to see how many Marks you have?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Samool said:

The transfer was, and is, to choose the deity you intend on following. I don't see how that's wasting a transfer? If you would have ended up as your desired deity's priest, you wouldn't need the transfer, so it should work for everyone.

The faith transfer was never for changing faith for any other reason than the huge meta changes, and the longevity of the old transfer was purely an oversight.

Because for example some people might have wanted to stay Fo a bit, and then change to a different one after a month, just to test things out. There's a lot of changes - new spells, changes in resistances, and changes in saccable items, so it shouldnt be suprising that people would want to test it out a little bit. Now if you're Magranon, and you were told you're gonna be Fo, you'll have to use up your transfer and won't be able to change to something else if you end up not liking it.

Edited by Vomusu
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Samool said:

No, it doesn't say that. What it means is, for all already-bought premium for the time after this update, there has been 3k given per month to compensate. This is not related at all to premium purchases after this update, and is not capped by the 50k cap.

Premium time bought from now on will award the rewards as in the patch notes, the last two points of the marks notes only refer to points given for past purchases.

So in other words those who bought premium for a year for example before the update gets bonus and others you just peed in the eye? 

Edited by Themystrix
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Samool said:

We're aware that certain player deities have not transferred to their correct template, sadly we have no way to fix that without doing a rollback. Use the transfer if your new deity doesn't fit you.

So I had a Nahjo, who is now a Mag (which I didn't want) but he is cool with being in HOTS on Epic. I also had a Lib and Tosiek Priest. My Lib and Tosiek Priests are now both libs and can't be transferred to any WL gods. If I transfer my Nahjo, I can only transfer it to Lib. So now I have 3 Lib priests. Two of which have completed the Benediction section of the journal. I can't transfer them to Freedom. So what you have done has taken several years worth of subscriptions, leveling and effort and turned them into totally worthless appendages. I argued against player gods years ago but you said they are here to stay, and now they aren't. I was good with the player gods being removed and transfer of the two accounts to WL gods even if that meant they had to stay in a cave in the forest. Sadly, I am not surprised by the way this has gone.

In all fairness to players who have taken you at your word over the years that we should just suck up the fact that there are player gods and they are going to stay. Then oops we have decided we were wrong, now we are going to remove player gods, but you can transfer to a god of your choice, of course what you didn't mention is that for BL your only choice is Libila. Many players converted from the old gods to player gods to move in from out of the woods. You should suck it up and clean up your mess properly, convert player gods to the god of the player choice, if that means giving that character a kingdom transfer you should do that as well. Yes, unfortunately this would likely mean having to have players submit support tickets and having GMs make the change which will mean a lot of work. But it is the only fair thing to do, rather than just saying we know this sucks but it is what we are doing, which is what has been said to date.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

So in other words those who bought premium for a year for example before the update gets bonus and others you just peed in the eye? Seriously.... you guys..  where this was even informed until now??

There's no bonus. This is compensation. If you buy premium now, you get more points than you would if you bought it before the update - we just tried to bridge the gap a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Themystrix said:

So in other words those who bought premium for a year for example before the update gets bonus and others you just peed in the eye? Seriously.... you guys..  where this was even informed until now??

Not a bonus, people who bought before the update will get 3k per month, and if you buy after the update you get 4,5k per month + bonuses

Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus

Seriously dude its like a 2nd time you're starting drama cause you cant read

• Like 2

Retro said not to worry about buying premium in January on stream, but there is clearly a reduced reward...I guess something is better than nothing at least. 

1 minute ago, Vomusu said:

Not a bonus, people who bought before the update will get 3k per month, and if you buy after the update you get 4,5k per month + bonuses

Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus

"Players with premium time already purchased prior to this addition will receive extra 3000 Marks for each full month of premium left"

Misunderstood the wording, my bad. I can admit being wrong : ) 

• Cat 1

27 minutes ago, Grumpysmith said:

So I had a Nahjo, who is now a Mag (which I didn't want) but he is cool with being in HOTS on Epic. I also had a Lib and Tosiek Priest. My Lib and Tosiek Priests are now both libs and can't be transferred to any WL gods. If I transfer my Nahjo, I can only transfer it to Lib. So now I have 3 Lib priests. Two of which have completed the Benediction section of the journal. I can't transfer them to Freedom. So what you have done has taken several years worth of subscriptions, leveling and effort and turned them into totally worthless appendages. I argued against player gods years ago but you said they are here to stay, and now they aren't. I was good with the player gods being removed and transfer of the two accounts to WL gods even if that meant they had to stay in a cave in the forest. Sadly, I am not surprised by the way this has gone.

In all fairness to players who have taken you at your word over the years that we should just suck up the fact that there are player gods and they are going to stay. Then oops we have decided we were wrong, now we are going to remove player gods, but you can transfer to a god of your choice, of course what you didn't mention is that for BL your only choice is Libila. Many players converted from the old gods to player gods to move in from out of the woods. You should suck it up and clean up your mess properly, convert player gods to the god of the player choice, if that means giving that character a kingdom transfer you should do that as well. Yes, unfortunately this would likely mean having to have players submit support tickets and having GMs make the change which will mean a lot of work. But it is the only fair thing to do, rather than just saying we know this sucks but it is what we are doing, which is what has been said to date.

I wonder about this one. Any comment on that from Samool?

Edited by Cecci

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Magical Tome: Single use magical tome chosen at random

Is this a one time use option? And regardless of yes or no, all i can see is everyone premming 10 alts to get all tomes for 1 character. Pvp wise = another entry barrier. Pls remove tomes for pvp use then. Non pvp wise, good earning for the company. (no sarcasm) 

Ok, so this seems like a pretty decent update aswell. Except from a few butchered priests here and there (i have a Sme that turned into a Fo for example, so i have 3 Fo priests). My rare Mag statuette is concidered a decoration item from now on, in other words. :D 

First of all, i dont like it when developers make a huge impact on a player driven economy. But then again, chopped veggies was real easy soil to plough (heh) - which again meant that enchanted items now basically is free. This could be a good time for those of you who run the enchanting business to step up the prices. *ka-ching*

Secondly;

Will the marks be visible when the store opens, or is it a funky way of showing them now?

Will Libila still recieve "slight more" favor from chopped veggies, like the wiki still states? In that case, what does "slightly more" mean now that chopped veggies have been nerfed? If not, please update the wiki quicker than quick, becuase we have a bit of a time issue to choose what diety we're going for here. :P

Alot of great things here, I'm glad I grinded up Ropemaking for one :)

Shod clubs were a nice surprise ❤️

But the transfer deadline feels iffy to me. I have a deedmate who is not currently playing, he had amongst others a nahjo priest with 90+ channeling for LT casts only, if he returns after april 1st, it is kind of a slap in the face that his once beloved LT priest will now be a mag priest. God knows how you'd solve this, but if you don't want it to stay on forever. Possible to code it so that they get it say 2 months after they prem the character up again instead ?

• Like 1

Is the blood splatter when moving between 1st and 3rd person a known bug?

3 hours ago, Muse said:

Food Favour

From every piece of information I have read from the dev team up until this patch, I was under the impression that chopped food would provide around 80% of the previous amount of favor.  To hear that it has been slashed in half has come as quite a shock, and without any warning.  

Let's have a look at the 3 main types of favour:

Cotton squares - 3+ stages (farming/tending, spinning up, squaring up) - no base skill requirement

Cordage - 2+ stages (farm/tending, creating the cordage) with a higher base skill / tool requirement

Chopped food - 2+ stages (farming/tending, chopping)

We can see here that chopped veggies are evidently more accessible to the new player than cordage, and take slightly less time to produce than cotton squares - but by half?  I argue (constructively) that the farming/tending takes up far more actions/ days / time than the other actions (such as spinning/chopping) and so the actual time/actions difference between the types of favour is not as big as would appear to someone who might be focusing primarily on the final (creation) stages.

The difference between the time and effort taken to produce these items is not as much as 50%.  Producing chopped food surely takes more than 50% of the time taken to produce cotton squares.  The farming element takes up a much greater proportion of time and deed space involved.  I suggest a compromise of chopped veggies providing 75% of the favour of cotton squares.

[Edit]  Remember you can make 10 favour squares from 3 balls of cotton, you can only make 3 chopped veggies from 3 veggies - food for thought.

Disagree on this one. Cloth squares are not as easy as you think.

1. You need high skill to get fair results ( that applies to all tho )

2. Tools :

Spindle - imps easy available, but need high ql + imbued

Loom - costlier imps ( if u pay for that ), cant be imbued

If you max out spindle's ql/imbues and get rarity then you have fair chance at max ql strings but with loom it's pretty bad becouse you can't imbue then and basically lose 20-30ql  on avg.

Not sure about cordages becouse i haven't grinded that much ropemaking. Though you use one tool and imbue it which gives advantage over squares.

Tbh maybe easier to sell squares, but wasting high ql strings just to drop down by lot doesn't seem fun to me. I'm spending my high ql strings on imping rare stuff. If you're making cloth squares tell me your experience so far.

• Like 2

Lately i made a lot of squares with a rare 90ql spindle (not imbued), rare 90ql loom and using 99ql cotton, ended up with some ~60ql squares and a lot of ~20ql. So yeah i agree making squares isnt really that easy, especially that it takes 3 stages to create them, so it takes a lot of time. Ropemaking seems way easier to achieve high quality saccables than cloth tailoring.

• Like 2

What pottery item is best for Fo? That is also a really hard skill to get good items in, takes lots and lots of imping.

Door locks for Mag priest(e)s aren't easy either.

First you need to find a high ql vein; which you can only mine with a high skill or a low skill and a rare plus imbued pickaxe to get the highest ql ore.

After that you need to deal with the Sadistic Number Generator who's turning a 99ql lump into anything between a 1ql lock to a 99ql lock.

And since lock ql sets the amount of favour you get from it, you're basically even more screwed as getting half the favour from veggies.

Thorin :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Door locks for Mag priest(e)s aren't easy either.

First you need to find a high ql vein; which you can only mine with a high skill or a low skill and a rare plus imbued pickaxe to get the highest ql ore.

After that you need to deal with the Sadistic Number Generator who's turning a 99ql lump into anything between a 1ql lock to a 99ql lock.

And since lock ql sets the amount of favour you get from it, you're basically even more screwed as getting half the favour from veggies.

Thorin :) 

Imbue would help on this one, It's unfair that others have it even if not fully.

Need ropemaker with fully imbued tool ropetool to add in what are cordages qls on avg and how does that compare to veggies before and after update.

33 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

Disagree on this one. Cloth squares are not as easy as you think.

1. You need high skill to get fair results ( that applies to all tho )

2. Tools :

Spindle - imps easy available, but need high ql + imbued

Loom - costlier imps ( if u pay for that ), cant be imbued

If you max out spindle's ql/imbues and get rarity then you have fair chance at max ql strings but with loom it's pretty bad becouse you can't imbue then and basically lose 20-30ql  on avg.

Not sure about cordages becouse i haven't grinded that much ropemaking. Though you use one tool and imbue it which gives advantage over squares.

Tbh maybe easier to sell squares, but wasting high ql strings just to drop down by lot doesn't seem fun to me. I'm spending my high ql strings on imping rare stuff. If you're making cloth squares tell me your experience so far.

Thanks Martynas, but these are one-off costs:

1.  You need high farming skill to get the best results (high ql veggies) too (you also need at least decent cooking skill to get high ql chopped veggies).  I'm not trying to take anything away from your tailoring skills which are awesome.

All I am saying is that the farming of crops+chopping takes a larger proportion of the overall time to end product than just 50% of cloth tailoring end product.

2. Tools - Yes good quality loom and spindle are a big help - but so are an appropriate ql rake and good chopping knife.  If you don't have blacksmithing, you'll need to pay for imps too.

You make a good case Martynas, and again I don't want to take anything away from the cost you have incurred, but I still don't feel that 3 chopped veggies are worth only 50% of 10 cotton squares.

I make a lot of cloth squares.  I get best results when working with materials below my skill, so yes, at the moment I am making lower ql squares than veggies - but I spent time grinding my farming - and am working on tailoring.  I would expect if I ever get as good as you, things should improve a little :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Muse said:

Thanks Martynas, but these are one-off costs:

1.  You need high farming skill to get the best results (high ql veggies) too (you also need at least decent cooking skill to get high ql chopped veggies).  I'm not trying to take anything away from your tailoring skills which are awesome.

All I am saying is that the farming of crops+chopping takes a larger proportion of the overall time to end product than just 50% of cloth tailoring end product.

2. Tools - Yes good quality loom and spindle are a big help - but so are an appropriate ql rake and good chopping knife.  If you don't have blacksmithing, you'll need to pay for imps too.

You make a good case Martynas, and again I don't want to take anything away from the cost you have incurred, but I still don't feel that 3 chopped veggies are worth only 50% of 10 cotton squares.

I make a lot of cloth squares.  I get best results when working with materials below my skill, so yes, at the moment I am making lower ql squares than veggies - but I spent time grinding my farming - and am working on tailoring.  I would expect if I ever get as good as you, things should improve a little :) 

Btw what ql squares are you talking about ?

atm i am making ~79ql squares which give 9 favor each. To test used 100ql strings ( x64 ) and 88ql supreme loom.

Sign in to follow this