• 15 days from token: 1000
    • 20 days from referral: 1500
    • 30 days from token: 3000
    • 30 days from shop: 4500
  • Any single purchase of six months will award 3000 marks as a bonus
  • Any single purchase of twelve months will award 6000 marks as a bonus
  • Purchases of silver coins will award 20 marks per silver purchased
  • Marks are awarded at time of purchase
  • Past marks will be awarded at a reduced rate of 1000 marks per month of premium since december 2013 with a cap of 50k points
  • Players with premium time already purchased prior to this addition will receive extra 3000 Marks for each full month of premium left

Mark Store

• The store will launch on February 1st in order to ensure the systems to award the marks is working correctly
  • You will need to be premium in order to make any purchase from the token
  • Marks can be used to purchase some trader goods and special loyalty items from a settlement token, the following new items are possible
    • Wooden nameplate: Allows you to rename any domestic creature as well as unicorns and hell horses
    • Magical Ink: Allows you to append your name to an item as well as give the item a unique name
    • Gift pack: Random item from assorted list
    • Skin of the month: Monthly skin release that changes on the 1st of every month
    • Random Affinity: An affinity is given chosen at random
    • Care for one more creature: Increases care for slots by 1 (one use only)
    • Faith Swap: Allows you to swap faith without any penalty one time
    • Meditation path change: Allows you to switch meditation paths without cooldown one time
    • Magical Tome: Single use magical tome chosen at random

Jackal closing and player transfers.

• With the stronghold defeated and the lands of Jackal cleansed, we will be closing this round of the server.
  • As of this update, lodestones on Freedom will no longer work
  • When you enter the game on Jackal, you'll be transferred to Freedom within two minutes of logging in
  • Make sure you log in to transfer off Jackal if you haven't yet - the server will still be open to transfer you back with skill and Jackal points for a month
    After that it will be closed and everyone who hasn't transferred back will be returned without Jackal skillgain or points being updated

Deity Rebalance and Player God Removal

• If you were a follower of a player deity, you should revert back to one of the base gods
    • Current full deity list is: Fo, Vynora, Magranon, Libila
  • Magranon has 2 new spells:
    • Magranons Fire
      • This spell lights all lightable objects and fuels them up to maximum fuel at 100 power
      • 10 Second cast
      • 40 faith unlock
      • 10 favor cost
      • 10 difficulty
    • Stone Strike:
      • Improves chance of successful surface mining action
      • 20 second cast
      • 75 faith unlock
      • 50 favor cost
      • 60 difficulty
  • Disintegrate has been updated to remove chunks of mining actions from a vein instead of a low chance to destroy it outright.
    • This removes 3 * cast power ore from the wall
  • Wooden and stone altars have been changed to their base gods, metal altars of removed deities have become unblessed
    • A single faith transfer is available - use the /transfer command to access it. The transfer is available until 1st April 2020 1st May 2020 and will be disabled afterwards.
    • Favor on chopped vegetables has been reduced by half
    • Favor for just about everything else has been increased
    • Libila now uses butchered animal parts as a special favor item
    • Spell resistances on pvp servers have been reduced from 10+ groups of resistance down to just 2 Pillar Damage/All Other Damage
    • Favor values are not set in stone and we are open to constructive discussion on further balancing moving on from here

Miscellaneous Changes

• You may now again sail between Epic servers.
  • Medium wooden shields now have two dye parts which can be different colours.  
    • Secondary dyed section can be removed with a metal brush.
  • The status bar for sailing which is found under the health bar as you are commanding, can now be used to change the state by clicking on the icons.
  • Shod clubs dropped by trolls and the troll king are now repairable and can be imped.  Woodtype on the troll king's club is oakenwood.
  • Mooring anchors can no longer be placed into bulk storage units but can now be improved and repaired.
  • Changes to keybinds (mostly bringing the keybindings tab in the launcher up to date): Listed below.
    • Cure light, cure medium and cure serious keybinds will now work targeting players as well (and creatures).
    • Added keybind for Destroy wall and Destroy pavement.
    • Libilas Demise, Magranons Shield, Vynoras Demise, Fos Demise, Libilas Shielding, and Magranons Demise are replaced with:
      Corrosion, Acid Protection, Frost Protection, Poison Protection, Blaze and Glacial in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
    • Fos Touch was removed, since the replacement was Inferno in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
    • Selfhealer Demise is renamed to Monster demise and Dragons demise to Legendary demise in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
    • Removed Fungus and changed Vynora's Hand to Fire Protection in the keybindings tab in the launcher.
  • Stamina loss on boats has been removed on PvE servers.

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix:  You can no longer plant an herb / spice into a planter that already has something planted in it
  • Bugfix:  Never been lit torches and lanterns will no longer take damage in inventory or on merchants
  • Bugfix: The one time transfer from Path of Insanity to another meditation path has been activated on the live servers again and will remain until the 1st of March 2020
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a few bridge/building disembarking and passage issues.
    • You should now be able to command a vehicle from a steep bridge into a house with flooring on the ground floor level
    • Disembarking and dropping through bridges connected via buildings should be fixed, with the caveat that it might sometimes (in the same situations only) block entrance to the bridge fully and require moving slightly to the side to enter it properly
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where a vehicle would appear on a different floor upon disembarking
  • Bugfix:  Planter must now be in the same structure and on the same floor level as the player to be used
  • Bugfix:  Mooring anchors should no longer instant-decay when being raised as was happening in some cases
  • Bugfix:  Replaced the 'place' option for hitching posts.  Note that the removal of place for vehicles was intended, so not a bug
  • Bugfix:  Models on ground items will now update properly on empty / full states
  • Bugfix:  You can no longer fillet meat or fish that is diced, minced, chopped or not raw
  • Bugfix:  Various spelling and text issues as listed below:
    • Candles made from beeswax should now show quality and damage on examine as do the candles made from fat
    • Descriptions on various cloth and leather items were changed from sown to sewn. (ie. Satchel: A piece of cloth sewn with thick threads into a satchel perfect for carrying about the back)
    • Construction Marker description changed from build to building
    • Cloth shoe description spelling corrected to interwoven
    • Fixed spelling error for fried steak, beef examine
    • Fixed spelling error for marmalade examine
    • Fixed grammar and capitalization in event message when player attempts to dye chairs
    • Fixed various plural and grammar issues with recipes and taking portions of recipes.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which surfaced when making bait from corn dough.
  • Bugfix:  Floats, lines and hooks should no longer decay while inside a tackle box in inventory.
  • Bugfix:  Tweaked the deed disbanding email method to help ensure that all emails get sent properly and on a timely basis.
  • Bugfix:  Sacrifice will no longer occur alongside the already ongoing action.
    • The ongoing action will cancel and sacrifice will take priority, continuing with the regular queue once sacrifice has completed 
    • This is to allow sacrificing to work while in combat
  • Bugfix:  Moonmetals should no longer lose weight when put into a bsb and taken out again.  Note that some lumps with less than .10 weight will still loose a small bit of weight when put into a bsb

Client Changes

• New:  Third person camera view added.
    • An optional 3rd person camera view has been added.
    • Default keybind is V to enter 3rd person view.
    • The Minus and Plus keys will zoom in and zoom out.
    • New keybindings mapped by default: ZOOM_OUT (minus), ZOOM_IN (plus), CHANGE_VIEW (V)
  • Change: The JVM memory settings have been tweaked to address situations with excessive memory usage
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Disintegrate has been updated to remove chunks of mining actions from a vein instead of a low chance to destroy it outright

chunk size is always the same, or dependent on the spell power?

love that we can fix anchors now, not that I ever had one break.

Are the spell list for priest changing any other then listed ?

And follower's  going back to original  deity , the spells they had be added to the Fab 4 ?

Veggies reduced by half is simply way too much at this point! You have given us so little time to retool our characters to focus on a new form of favor is obscene, I personally have 3 different priest types to convert favor on now, this disrupts everything for me, kills the favor i have in my personal stock, an oh by the way you just killed HALF A MILLION FAVOR that ive grown and donated for this years impalong. There is simply no way in hell i can retool and rebuild that supply in 4 different forms of favor in time for the event let alone before I run out personally. So basically im now committed to trying to grow another 200k veggies and get them chopped witch will cost me at least another 100s for the event, silver that is made from a merchant thread that I now basically have no favor to operate on. This isnt even to speak to what is gonna happen to the market, folks are already running for the hills and trying to cash out before the steam launch. This change alone is so hugely destructive i cant believe it.

New Favor. After doing some excessive grinding the last few days on cordage, cloth squares and locks for my new favor forms. I have some basic conclusions. Fo is in a good place, the balance of actions vs output favor/q is good, with a skill of 50 and 90q material you can pretty easily acheive 10 favor per unit making the action times worth it compared to veggies. Not knowing how these items have been buffed its certainly better then that now. Cordage on the other hard seems significantly more difficult at similar skill and tool q for cordage tool q seems to factor in more. I wish cordage was just a bit easier. Locks.... well there ok to make, but storage and not being able to equalize the q is a huge problem, its not easy to figure out witch ones to sac for the right amount of favor etc. It would be great of locks could be bulk stored to solve this problem like the other forms of favor. Sorry lib i didn't do any testing for you 😐

Favor Chart for Cordage, Squares and Locks at least.

http://prntscr.com/qv98sh

The main problem here with all of this is the timing or extreme lack of notice of the changes, the incredible lack of any details given about hardly anything, I feel like this whole patch was dreamed up on a cocktail napkin. Every time you guys give us less then all the info you have, it just leads to rampant speculations, fear, and resentment toward you. Why do you want to spend your time doing speculation damage control when you could just give us all the info in one clear post?  I could even support most of these changes, but its extremely rushed and as a result a terrible idea. A change like this should have at least 2-3 months warning to allow people time to adapt, and this is a serious change. You all really need to work on your communication with us. We should not be forced to watch a dev stream in the slight hope of gleaning tidbits of information that turn out to not even be true. Playing wurm is fun, watching someone else play wurm, pretty damn boring at least for me, and i have spoken to MANY other players who agree.

Please please work on your transparency with information! With no solid information its impossible for us to properly prepare for changes, and with the timing, and significance of these particular changes its incredibly foolish and shortsighted.

- VirusMD

Edited by VirusMD
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

A single faith transfer is available - use the /transfer command to access it. The transfer is available until 1st April 2020 and will be disabled afterwards.

extremely unhappy with this part. My 3 base priests had unlimited time transfer unused that i was planning to use about 6 months later. Instead that unlimited old transfer has been removed and im issued with one that expires in 2 months.. like seriously? 1st of april? Make it last atleast a year!

• Like 3

Despite all the negativity from some, I really love this patch. I'm so glad to see player gods gone and favour gains for vegetables slashed (they seemed too low effort to be balanced). The new priest system generally seems more sensible although I am worried that BL will become unbalanced again.

• Like 2

I am not really certain at this point where this is an "Out of season April Fool's Joke" or not with that specific deadline. If it is, then it's not the best time not context to do it. If it isn't then I don't see the need to impose a deadline in the first place.

The deadline does seem unreasonably short - some people will be taking Wurm breaks and may return once the deadline has passed. It should be until at least 31st December I feel.

Food Favour

From every piece of information I have read from the dev team up until this patch, I was under the impression that chopped food would provide around 80% of the previous amount of favor.  To hear that it has been slashed in half has come as quite a shock, and without any warning.  

Let's have a look at the 3 main types of favour:

Cotton squares - 3+ stages (farming/tending, spinning up, squaring up) - no base skill requirement

Cordage - 2+ stages (farm/tending, creating the cordage) with a higher base skill / tool requirement

Chopped food - 2+ stages (farming/tending, chopping)

We can see here that chopped veggies are evidently more accessible to the new player than cordage, and take slightly less time to produce than cotton squares - but by half?  I argue (constructively) that the farming/tending takes up far more actions/ days / time than the other actions (such as spinning/chopping) and so the actual time/actions difference between the types of favour is not as big as would appear to someone who might be focusing primarily on the final (creation) stages.

The difference between the time and effort taken to produce these items is not as much as 50%.  Producing chopped food surely takes more than 50% of the time taken to produce cotton squares.  The farming element takes up a much greater proportion of time and deed space involved.  I suggest a compromise of chopped veggies providing 75% of the favour of cotton squares.

[Edit]  Remember you can make 10 favour squares from 3 balls of cotton, you can only make 3 chopped veggies from 3 veggies - food for thought.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Stone Strike:

• Improves chance of successful surface mining action

Is that a mutliplier like CoC on skill ticks?

So someone with +90 mining and a strong Stone Strike can reach nearly 100% surface mining success?

Make Mag and Vyn neutral.  Fast easy way to balance religion. So I doubt it will even be considered

Just now, Flubb said:

Is that a mutliplier like CoC on skill ticks?

So someone with +90 mining and a strong Stone Strike can reach nearly 100% surface mining success?

They said somewhere it's still capped at 50% or whatever it is for 100mining

The /convert deadline April 1 sounds ruthless and brainless to me, too. Just a question: does it apply to

• all priests, even those priested after the patch, but before the deadline,
  • or only for those priested before,
  • or even only those having been player god priests?

First would be the only acceptable variant, as e.g. the loss of the previous abilities of some player gods, especially Nahjo, may make it necessary to raise another priest. Insofar variant two would e.g. hurt those in need of courier and genesis as well as of strongwall. Variant three would be an outrage. I hope for the best, but after this "balancing", I am nothing less than confident.

Edited by Ekcin

the hell this means: (Players with premium time already purchased prior to this addition will receive extra 3000 Marks for each full month of premium left)

so if i had premium time purchased before this update i could get the extra 3000 marks or does this mean that if i purchase premium now for 10 years forward for example, i get the reward before this happens? ( The store will launch on February 1st in order to ensure the systems to award the marks is working correctly )

• Like 1

And yet again you fail with the pvp part of things....

For this marks shop, first off the tomes that are a big killer of pvp and something i think should be removed or reworked to not give any advantages when it comes to pvp you make it easier to obtain them now that you can buy them. -_-

Second this tranfer of faith, in a pvp situation i could buy that and use it cause my group needs a healer and convert Fo instead or we are on a boat so i convert Vyn to get a bonus. 

How about you try to make PvP work again and work well as it used to? 
Game is losing players rapidly and PvP is non-existant, could it be that PvP generated more content to all? A PvP player died and instead of making his own gear he bought it from the guy on freedom that likes making gear and selling making the game fun for that person as well? 

I played on the Conquest Wurm Unlimited server and there was no priest, no meditation and no tomes and that reminded me why i really used to like the game and the pvp, sadly the people in charge here fails to see anything from a pvp perspective and we just keep losing players. The way the game is going i don't even see how this Steam release is gonna help, just going to get crap reviews and it will die out. Unless it's just a cash grab....

With the updated Disintegrate what is considered a "chunk" 100 ore 500 ore 1000 ore?

1 minute ago, igSnarkin said:

With the updated Disintegrate what is considered a "chunk" 100 ore 500 ore 1000 ore?

they said 3x the power of the cast initially, not that they said it here in the patch notes

10 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

the hell this means: (Players with premium time already purchased prior to this addition will receive extra 3000 Marks for each full month of premium left)

so if i had premium time purchased before this update i could get the extra 3000 marks or does this mean that if i purchase premium now for 10 years forward for example, i get the reward before this happens? ( The store will launch on February 1st in order to ensure the systems to award the marks is working correctly )

You get all the marks in one go, as far as I heard on Retro's streams and by the info on the forum.

And very old accounts, will have the 50k to start with, and an additional 3k per month of premtime you still have running, if I read this right.

I have untill may, so that should give me 9k-12k extra on top of the 50k.

We'll rediscuss the faith transfer removal time and likely move it to a later date.

We're aware that certain player deities have not transferred to their correct template, sadly we have no way to fix that without doing a rollback. Use the transfer if your new deity doesn't fit you.

• Like 5

Why wont you Game Developers Listen to what WE the Players want and are asking for? People want the PVP fixed. People have asked for Taxidermy. A few have asked for locks to decay off deed to clean up all the abandoned crap, let us loot this crap or make underground parking garages at Spawn Deeds for this crap to be stored. Tomes, never had one yet but if they make PVP crazy unbalanced then re-work them. Your driving folks away. New God change and Player Gods going away. Would have been easier just to change the God names and work them into WURM Pantheon and everyone would be happy. Veggie favor thing, well baby Priest here so not sure how that is going to affect me but seeing how Virusmd hosts awesome Impalong's and his huge investment I see the change hugely unfair.

Your Killing the Game Dammit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Magical Tome: Single use magical tome chosen at random

Question 1: Is there a certain percentage as to what tome you will get the most/least?

Question 2: Did Retro manage to take the red cherry out of the list? (he talked about it on a stream ;))

17 minutes ago, Samool said:

We'll rediscuss the faith transfer removal time and likely move it to a later date.

We're aware that certain player deities have not transferred to their correct template, sadly we have no way to fix that without doing a rollback. Use the transfer if your new deity doesn't fit you.

I appreciate that comment. Other than with a few double magranon altars I have no issue with that. Yet I would like to know whether /convert is available to newly created priests.

31 minutes ago, Samool said:

So pretty much 'just waste your transfer cause we screwed up', nice.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Faith Transfer

I think that faith transfers should not have a deadline, they should be held open indefinitely.

This is for those players that are currently away and will log in for the summer holidays or for the next Impalong and find a priest that is a stranger to them, and have no way to alter their predicament.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this