Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Meditation rugs destroyed

For the last month, meditation rugs in my cart have been destroyed.

They have 0 damage, and are stored on deed, inside a backpack in a cart. However I'll often wake up to see some destroyed and a lot of them with damage anywhere between 20 to 86. I had it pointed out to me that this change was put in place in November

Change: Decorative items in containers and placed on other items should no longer decay.

The difference is your med rugs are not placed ON other items but IN other items (carts, in this case).

This is similar to small barrels, unsealed, taking damage in barrel racks, but being fine on ground.

Whatever reason is behind this discrimination, we will probably never know!

11 minutes ago, Evening said:

The difference is your med rugs are not placed ON other items but IN other items (carts, in this case).

This is similar to small barrels, unsealed, taking damage in barrel racks, but being fine on ground.

I figured that was the most likely reason why they were suddenly exploding on me. Was told it still seems unintended and advised to make a thread. Does seem weird that decay on decorations being removed but only within certain parameters. So I made the thread for a dev to explain if it's not a bug and intended, or if it's indeed not intended.

3 hours ago, Evening said:

Do you mean that if I keep my rugs in my textile workshop in a large storage unit, in some cases in satchels in the storage unit, are going to crumble to dust?

Unless I repair them daily?

19 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Do you mean that if I keep my rugs in my textile workshop in a large storage unit, in some cases in satchels in the storage unit, are going to crumble to dust?

Unless I repair them daily?

No that's not the case, this is large ticks of catch up damage, but I will investigate if it is intended and update this. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

No that's not the case, this is large ticks of catch up damage, but I will investigate if it is intended and update this. 

I'm guessing he regularly repairs them to 0 damage(1*).... how do decay monsters catch up with something.... 'maintained'(2*)?

1* @Madnathcorrect me if I'm wrong and you have ignored these completely for a while; if so.. than.. for ~what period of time?

2* this could be used to... force decay only on really not needed/'ignored' items.... => BUT.. that could also.... quickly escalate.. from decaying random piles of junk offdeed... to... rush demolishing mass amounts of items players just hoard and actually care for.. but rather not just see every day(still rather not see them poof...)

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

I'm guessing he regularly repairs them to 0 damage(1*).... how do decay monsters catch up with something.... 'maintained'(2*)?

1* @Madnathcorrect me if I'm wrong and you have ignored these completely for a while; if so.. than.. for ~what period of time?

2* this could be used to... force decay only on really not needed/'ignored' items.... => BUT.. that could also.... quickly escalate.. from decaying random piles of junk offdeed... to... rush demolishing mass amounts of items players just hoard and actually care for.. but rather not just see every day(still rather not see them poof...)

In this case they were repaired to 0 the night before, so maybe a gap of 12 hours before they were checked again

Update, happened today again. Nothing since the last post until today where a lot of them have taken damage and one has been destroyed

On 1/29/2020 at 5:02 AM, Retrograde said:

Any update?