Sign in to follow this  
Sin

[Fixed] Longsword looks the same after applying skin

As the title says, i used a jackal longsword skin on my rare longsword and it looks the same as regular one

That was few weeks ago as i tought the server restart might fix that but so far nothing

Hi, can you please provide a picture of it in your inventory and on the ground? Just so I can compare before coming to check it out

dragging item to belt, saving it.. and checking the config could give you the unique ID of the item to check it any time(db specs or gm tool could be helpful to have for debugging or .../stolen item reports), unless something changed

It should show as yellow in your inventory, can you confirm it is? 

not sure what u mean by yellow, it is blue longsword as its rare and heres description

[17:35:02] A long and slender sword. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. You need to temper the longsword by dipping it in water while it's hot. It has an alternate skin applied to it.

Have you tried with both the modern and legacy renderer?  

I use modern and do not see an issue with skins either equipped or on the ground.

Another thing to check, be sure glsl is set to core.

well i have a huge axe with skin applied and no matter what client i use it still has the unique looks but the sword is just default skin

2 hours ago, Sin said:

well i have a huge axe with skin applied and no matter what client i use it still has the unique looks but the sword is just default skin

46 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

I've got the same? bug i think. I added jackal skins to 2 pickaxes, 1 huge axe and 1 sickle today. None of them show up. All list an alternate skin in the examine text. I've relogged multiple times and tinkered with gfx settings without result so am posting here via gm direction :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bf7nfftu6jm9a8/console.Pingpong.zip?dl=0

Can you let me know what metal your items are made from, please?

3 hours ago, Alectrys said:

All items are made from iron. The axe and picks are rare, the sickle is non rare.

Update: The sickle now shows as the jackal sickle skin. The other 3 items (the rare ones) don't show yet.

Edited by Pingpong

6 hours ago, Pingpong said:

I've got the same? bug i think. I added jackal skins to 2 pickaxes, 1 huge axe and 1 sickle today. None of them show up. All list an alternate skin in the examine text. I've relogged multiple times and tinkered with gfx settings without result so am posting here via gm direction :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bf7nfftu6jm9a8/console.Pingpong.zip?dl=0

7 hours ago, Sin said:

Were the bugged items made from archaeology by chance?

Nope, the bugged items were made years and years ago. Iirc at least the axe goes back to the start of rares. The picks I've had equally as long I believe.

9 hours ago, Alectrys said:

All items are made from iron. The axe and picks are rare, the sickle is non rare.

My longsword is older than archaeology, what comes to my mind is that i had it enchanted right before applying skin, it was dispeled few times

Thanks for all the info, we figured it out - will be fixed with the next server update.