Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Make Locks Binnable

With the upcoming priest and favour changes, now would be a good time to make locks bulk binnable. Keys could be auto-deleted on binning, much like what happens when locks are mailed off-server. This will simplify using locks as favour and bring Magranon's preferred sac item in line with Vynora's and Fo's (ease of storage, clear favour value per unit, shipping via wagoners, etc.). Make it so!

Edited by Gwyn
clarity

great speech

I'm still not won though.. also there are bunch of alternatives.. and mag's not that common also.. chopping stuff is still going to be ~decent.. compared to nuking iron in bulk..

you're getting a bit ahead of time and yourself with the idea and the last 'sentence'

not saying I'm against this.. but need a bit more to say it's actually needed, haven't heard or seen anybody complaining about bulk lock management

I'm neutral on this.

My storage atm, is a pile of cauldrons (37 atm) full of doorlocks. Imp the cauldrons high enough so they wont decay fast + a pile of cauldrons looks very nice as "decoration" in a cooking area or forge area in your house ;)

But yeah, more stuff that can fit into bulkbins is usually a nice feature to have (looking at you, eyelets and leatherwound handles!)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Whats wrong with using doorlocks(they have no key) as favor?  Also not that I'm against the idea, but locking system is working. I would hate to see a bug happen again with locking. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

mag's not that common

Something tells me they're about to get a whole lot more common.

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

chopping stuff is still going to be ~decent.. compared to nuking iron in bulk

With good locksmithing, door locks are already a better favour source than chopped veg. After the change, they'll be even more so.

3 hours ago, gorgian said:

Whats wrong with using doorlocks(they have no key) as favor?

Absolutely nothing! That's what I do already. The key comment referred to other types.

3 hours ago, gorgian said:

locking system is working. I would hate to see a bug happen again with locking.

If there are potential issues here, one solution might be make it so that binning renders the lock non-functional and only useful for saccing. Properties of other items change on binning (fresh herbs vs binned herbs, freshly chopped ingredients vs binned chopped ingredients, etc.) so this seems doable.

• Like 1

Seems to me that if you can bin cloth squares and cordage ropes, you should be able to bin door locks.

+1

Abandonded deeds are littered with loads of locks/keys.

Edited by Encrtia

If there’s a technical issue to implementing this, what about adding a same-weight item within the locksmithing skill. I can’t really think of another item to fit the theme, but it should be creation only, binnable and perhaps used as a component in some other item recipe.